Sci/Tech A robot displaying human emotion has been unveiled

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
I think the idea behind the robot with emotions, is to make the users feel more comfortable. Subconsciously, when we see the emotion upon another humans face, our brain interprets the emotion with the appropriate sector of the brain, for instance, if we see a frightened expression, a certain portion of our brain will light up (not literally >_< ) So when talking to a person, our reactions and tones reflect that of the person talking to us. If someone appears sad, we may feel concern or remorse towards that person. So having a machine going around and pretending to feel emotion, may not be true or meaningful, subconsciously, it will allow the users to feel more comfortable and less ridiculous talking to a lifeless pile of bolts.

-- On account of the picture and the phrase that the robot can be your friend, it almost seems like a joke to the reporters, as the front cover, portrays the robot in a strange, silly manner and the way the reporter sarcastically claims the robot can take place of i friend o_O

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
I hate that robot, I hate him with all my heart, just look at him, he wants me to hate him.

Die robot... just die.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
They start out small, goal is Vanessa Kensington (fembot) from Austin Powers 2
austin_powers_225.jpg

Fembots from Austin Powers 1:
austin_powers_international_man_xl_06--film-A.jpg

Off-Topic: Kids do not do hotlinking at home.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Thats funny, check out the next news post I just did. Its a fem-bot, even though its not very big...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.