ABILITY THREAD: Feedback!

draist

Reaction score
As the title says, here we post our abilites and recieve feedback! This thread is mainly for people who has a spell in mind but don't know if it would work.
If you have any awesome ability ideas, go ahead and post!

Rules:
1. You may ask for help, if you ask nicely - there's no guarantee that someone will answer/help though.
2. Don't post stuff like "go create it yourself to see if it works" - everyone may not know how to create some of their abilites.
3. This is not a "Here is my spell - make it for me" thread.
4. Stupid/Evil/Racist comments like "FIRST" or "you suck ass" belong in the trashbin - i'm pretty sure racist comments are banable.
5. Don't be mean to people with less skill with triggers - they might still be learning.
6. Don't act like a retard like "OH HAI U R SO GOOD" or "I DUN NAO HAO TO MAKE DIS" - write in a civilized manner even if your english isn't that good. That way you have a higher chance for help (If you asked for it)

NOTE:
I just started using triggers a few days ago, so don't ask me to help unless it is something really simple! I created this thread to recieve feedback on my abilites and thought; "heck, why not just make a feedback thread for everyone".

Many of the abilities are %-based and the damage increases with attributes.
Is it possible to make these with triggers?

Type: Aura
Targets allowed: Self
Based of: an aura maybe?

Bloodthirst
Nato's extreme lust for blood increases his attack speed and causes his Felstrike, his hammer, to drain blood from struck enemy units. The blood is converted into health and then transferred.
Every 8 points of Strength increases the amount of health transferred by 1% and attack speed by 5%.

Level 1 - Transfers 8% health, increases attack speed by 14%.
Level 2 - Transfers 14% health, increases attack speed by 22%.
Level 3 - Transfers 20% health, increases attack speed by 30%.
Level 4 - Transfers 26% health, increases attack speed by 38%.
Level 5 - Transfers 32% health, increases attack speed by 46%.

Type: Single Target
Targets allowed: Self
Based of: Any ability that can only be cast on self?

Demonic Empowerment
Temporarily increases Nato's Strength by drinking demon blood and attacks have a 42% chance to do more damage.

Level 1 - Increases strength by 15% and causes 42% more damage.
Level 2 - Increases strength by 30% and causes 67% more damage.
Level 3 - Increases strength by 45% and causes 88% more damage.
Level 4 - Increases strength by 60% and causes 105% more damage.
Level 5 - Increases strength by 75% and causes 124% more damage.

Type: AOE
Targets allowed: Ground, Mechanical, Ward, Tree, Etc
Based of: don't know, any ideas?

Demon Rune: Eruption
Places a demonic rune on an enemy unit for 4 seconds, marking it for eruption. After 4 seconds the unit will erupt, dealing damage to all nearby enemy units and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds.
Each point of Strength increases the damage by 4.

Level 1 - Deals 148 to 167 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 188 to 219 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 227 to 314 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 333 to 458 damage.
Level 5 - Deals 496 to 678 damage.

Type: AOE
Targets allowed: Enemies, Ground, Etc
Based of: Don't know about this one either. Maybe death and decay?

Blood Plague
Spills plagued blood at a target location, dealing damage to enemy units every 3 seconds and reducing their damage for 24 seconds.
Every 1 points of Strength increases the damage by 6.

Level 1 - 248 damage every 3 seconds and damage reduced by 15%.
Level 2 - 416 damage every 3 seconds and damage reduced by 30%.
Level 3 - 592 damage every 3 seconds and damage reduced by 45%.

NOTE:
If you have specific questions/answers/feedback/comments about an ability; put the ability in a quote and then write your question/answer/feedback/comment.

More abilities will be coming later, right now I gotta go to work.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Not sure if this will be useful... pretty creative though. You should have some sort of organization page where it links to some ideas, and comments on it for it to work. Otherwise people will be looking through an unorganized dictionary.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Almost all the abilities need effects that scale with Strength - if you're that new to triggering, are you sure you can make these abilities on your own? Demonic Empowerment seems quite a challenge in itself.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Almost all the abilities need effects that scale with Strength - if you're that new to triggering, are you sure you can make these abilities on your own? Demonic Empowerment seems quite a challenge in itself.

Demonic Empowerment can be done with Critical Strike.

The abilities themselves are quite imaginative; lots of thought put into it, quite an aggressive hero.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i think i can make a trigger that works for each of them

Bloodthirst: based off endurance aura (movespeed bonuses set to 0 and attack speed bonuses set accordingly)

Trigger:
  • Bloodthirster base effect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Endurance Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to your unit
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Attacking unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + ((Damage taken) x ((0.08 + (0.01 x (Real((Strength of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))))) + (0.06 x (Real(((Level of Endurance Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Attacking unit)) - 1)))))))

Passive Strength Bonus: Based off item ability attack speed bonus (gloves of haste) (changed to unit ability and set to 100 and divide max str by 100, that is ur interval at which the bonus from this ability increases ranks) ie: if max str = 200 then ur interval is every 2 str since max rank of each ability is 100 and u just double the bonus per level... if max str is say 10000 it would be every 100 str... atk speed is increased by 500%... jebus lol

Trigger:
  • Bloodthirster Bonus Effect
    • Events
      • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to your unit)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Item Attack Speed Bonus (Gloves of Haste) for (Picked unit) to ((Strength of (Picked unit) (Include bonuses)) / (your interval))

base the Demonic Empowerment off blademaster's critical strike with your % chance and dmg bonuses etc.
you can use the str bonus item ability in the same way for the critical strike one, but make it, if then else: if the level of ability = lvl 1 (integer comparison), then do these actions, and just under that if then else: if the level of ability = lvl 2, then do these actions etc etc.

then for the demon rune eruption:

Trigger:
  • Demon Rune Eruption
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Demon Rune: Eruption
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 4.00 seconds
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Acid Bomb for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Random real number between (148.00 + (4.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))))) and (167.00 + (4.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Acid Bomb for (Casting unit)) Equal to 2
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Random real number between (188.00 + (4.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))))) and (219.00 + (4.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Acid Bomb for (Casting unit)) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Random real number between (227.00 + (4.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))))) and (319.00 + (4.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Target unit of ability being cast)) x 0.50)
              • Wait 8.00 seconds
              • Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Target unit of ability being cast)) x 2.00)
        • Else - Actions

just add the ranks that i didnt : )

that should do it for those, if i have time later ill come back to this and trigger the ultimate and make one for the passive str bonus but those are a little more complicated

GFreak45

Reaction score
ps. i started triggering abt 2 weeks ago :) and A+ for originality on ur spell ideas and how they work together... this would be one effing annoying hero in an aos type map and add to my rep if this helped u ;)

the abilities im thinking about adding to my rpg are as follows:

all are 1 rank, gained as you level automatically and put in a spell book for your class

souls will be a locusted (can not be selected or attacked/damaged) unit that moves around randomly in a range by the caster, this range is increased depending on the ammount of souls the caster has harvested (100 souls would look like a god walking around surrounded by a deadly plague :p)

Soul Steal: Steals the souls of your enemies
passive: whenever a unit nearby dies you have a 5% chance to automatically take their soul
Active: channeled: deals damage over time equal to your spell powerx20, if the unit dies while under the effect of this ability you take their soul 10% chance ever 3 seconds to give you a wandering soul that comes near the area

Soul Use: Determines whether your abilities are using souls or not.
Active: your abilities are empowered and have increased effects
Inactive: your abilities only have the base effects

Soul Shatter: Causes your enemies souls to shatter into pieces and leave their bodies, slowly returning but costing them their good health.
No Souls/Soul Use Inactive: Deals damage equal to your spell powerx7 and puts a dot on the target dealing your spell powerx14 over 10 seconds
Soul use active and 1+ souls: Causes the same effect with 3/4 damage to units in an aoe surrounding your target and puts a slow effect on targets, if there is only one target in the area it deals full damagex1.5

Soul Implosion: Crushes the souls of your enemies in the nearby area, if their soul is shattered this deals the full damage of soul shatter immediately.
No Souls/Soul use inactive: Deals damage equal to 10x your spell power to a target, if the unit is soul shattered, deals 24x your spell power
Soul Use Active and 1+ souls: causes the same effect with 3/4 damage to units in an aoe surrounding your target and heals your nearby allies for half the damage dealt, if there is only one target in the area full damage is dealt and the heal is 100%

Requiem of souls: Releases your captured souls in a flurry of anger
Requires souls for use: Releases the souls you have to attack your enemies at will, each dealing your spell power in damage every attack and returning to you to heal you for 10% of the damage dealt

Tormented Soul: Spell Book: You select a soul and torment it until it turns into a demon of your choosing. WARNING: only one pet maximum.
Requires 1 soul
Torment into:
Fel Reaper: Tank type demon, has high threat abilities (Health dodge and armor scale to caster intelligence). Tip: great for leveling, every time a unit dies while this is active it heals itself
Void Walker: Caster type demon, has high damage abilities (Mana and damage scale to caster intelligence). Tip: made for dungeon grinding, deals high damage and if activated can crowd control (effect disipates on damage) enemies but has low health
Succubus: Assassin type demon, has frequent disables (physical damage health and crit damage reduction scale to caster intelligence). Tip: made for player vers player high single target dmg and short duration crowd control that works while the unit is attacked.

Pet abilities:
Fel Reaper: Stomp: high threat aoe damage; Cleave: high threat passive attack aoe effect; Sociopath: feels no pain, takes 50% reduced damage from all sources

Void Walker: Nightmare: Puts an enemy to sleep in a horrifying nightmare, if it is attacked the effect disipates; Void Bolt: deals damage based on spell power; Gravity pull: deals damage in area based on spell power; Phase out: threat is passively reduced by 50%

Succubus: Lurk in the shadows: when not attacking for 5 seconds this unit is invisble; Shadow Strike: Instantly moves to the enemies position dealing weapon damage and slowing them, stuns the unit if invisible when casted; Demonics Resiliance: reduces this targets chance to be critically hit by 30%

This is one of 64 available classes in my rpg, each class is determined by the specialties chosen
Current Classes are: Soulfire Mage (Demonic Magic/Destruction Magic) ^, Juggernaut (Shield Mastery/Ambidexterity), Defender (Melee Mastery/Shield Mastery) Rogue (Melee Mastery/Ambidexterity), Assassin (Ranged mastery/Ambidexterity), Lancer (Shield Mastery/Ranged Mastery), Arcanist (holy magic/destruction magic), Monk (Holy magic/Ambidexterity), Fallen Priest (holy magic/demonic magic) etc, the list is long

GFreak45

Reaction score
how exactly? the heal is based off of the damage dealt to the target, if u stop, u deal no dmg correct?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
how exactly? the heal is based off of the damage dealt to the target, if u stop, u deal no dmg correct?

I don't even think damage works. Try using a damage detection system.

draist

Reaction score
+rep for your triggering, haven't tried it out yet but will post again when I have!

I want to play your map, it sounds pretty darn awesome! Also, thanks for the nice words about my abilites. It's what I like the most to do with world editor; to design and create abilites/heroes. The triggering part became more attractive after I learned that I could improve my spells even further!

I'm currently creating a Capture the Flag map and it's almost everything is done, except for the heroes and abilities. I decided to add them last because I felt that I need to put alot of thought into them. Although the mapping and triggering took some time and thought aswell (I remodeled the map about 13 times before I was happy with it.) I've got many ideas for heroes, but I don't want it to be too many either. At the moment I have 14 or 15 heroes thought out and designed already, only abilites left. I took a short break from creating heroes and started working on their histories/stories.

Some of the heroes I currently have; Void Prophet, Grand Paladin, Astral Seer, Bonereaver, Hellborne, Defiler, Dread Captain, Avenger, Mechanized Doll and Fanatic Believer. I will post some of these in greater detail, as seen below:

The Grand Paladin, King Seiron

For many years, King Seiron has been ruling the Kingdom of Goria, awaiting his first born son to return as the successor of King of Goria. As the years went by and no one had heard anything about the first born, King Seiron gave up hope - and sadly most beliefs in the Holy Light.
However, it hadn't always been like this; when his first born son was of age to rightfully take over the throne, his younger brother intervened the ceremony and protested, saying that he was the brother better suited as king. King Seiron and the Council of Goria, who knew of the younger brother's battlelust, refused him any royal acknowledge or a place in the castle. The younger brother was infuriated and began slaying the councilmen one by one and left the castle, but not before he had his chance to prove to King Seiron that he was the mightier brother - and mortally wounded the older brother.

NOTE: Even though his belief in the Holy Light isn't as great as it was before, he still does competetive damage. He is a Grand Paladin, duh.

Abilities:

Leadership
All friendly units close to King Seiron will have their moral heightened, increasing their damage, attack speed and life regeneration rate.
Every 10 points of Strength increases the attack speed portion of the ability by an additional 1%.

Level 1 - Increases damage by 23%, attack speed by 12% and life regeneration rate by 1%.
Level 2 - Increases damage by 29%, attack speed by 17% and life regeneration rate by 2%.
Level 3 - Increases damage by 34%, attack speed by 21% and life regeneration rate by 3%.
Level 4 - Increases damage by 37%, attack speed by 25% and life regeneration rate by 4%.
Level 5 - Increases damage by 39%, attack speed by 28% and life regeneration rate by 5%.

Blessing: Serenity
Bless the targeted friendly unit with serenity, increasing their mana regeneration by a great amount and reducing the damage they take from enemy attacks for 12 seconds. Can be cast on self.
Every 3 points of intelligence increases the effect by an additional 1%.

Level 1 - Increases mana regeneration by 16% and reduces damage taken by 23%.
Level 2 - Increases mana regeneration by 28% and reduces damage taken by 29%.
Level 3 - Increases mana regeneration by 38% and reduces damage taken by 35%.
Level 4 - Increases mana regeneration by 46% and reduces damage taken by 39%.
Level 5 - Increases mana regeneration by 52% and reduces damage taken by 43%.

The Void Prophet, Vierra

When she was still human she had a vision of a being, greater than any man she had ever heard of. She was determined that this being was God and gave herself the prophecy that the two would meet. She became obsessed with power and began studying the Forbidden Arts - Void magic and Necromancy. While she studied she came upon a dark ritual to further increase someones power of the magic. As a result from the ritual, both of her eyes were torn out of their sockets and she became blind - but her magic power increased threefold. Her father, the Astral Seer Theoldoren, pleaded to his daughter to stop this madness but she wouldn't listen to the senile old fool. She had acquired the most powerful magic in the land and rivaled even that of her father. It was too late to make her change her mind and she is now the prophet and advisor to the Dark Prince commanding the demon legions.

NOTE: I could write a whole bunch of stuff for this hero. It's the one I like the most.

Abilities:

Void Zone
Creates a zone around Vierra, reducing movement speed of enemy units within the zone by 100% and damages them every 3 seconds. Lasts for 12 seconds.
Every 9 points of Intelligence increases the damage done by 1.

Level 1 - 22 to 39 damage.
Level 2 - 45 to 56 damage.
Level 3 - 64 to 76 damage.
Level 4 - 82 to 94 damage.
Level 5 - 101 to 117 damage.

Gravity Pull
Vierra drags the targeted enemy unit to her with Void Magic and deals a low amount damage. The use of Void Magic takes it's toll on Vierra and stuns her for 2 seconds.
Every 2 points of Intelligence increases the damage by 1.

Level 1 - Causes 88 to 96 damage.
Level 2 - Causes 99 to 111 damage.
Level 3 - Causes 118 to 129 damage.
Level 4 - Causes 127 to 141 damage.
Level 5 - Causes 152 to 197 damage.

NOTE: You have already met the Dark Prince, it was his abilites that I first posted. His hero class is currently Retributer, but I'm not happy with that - any other suggestions? If you need more info about him, say so and I'll add it tomorrow.

Well, that's about my limit for tonight. I'm pretty darn tired and I'm off to sleep. Tell me what you think of the history/stories and what you like/dislike with my abilities. Good night, people!

draist

Reaction score

Well, I just wanted some feedback and hear other peoples opinion of the abilities. I guess that if they liked them, I would try to create them by reading up on JASS and other guides about triggering. As I said, I am still learning and I like challenges!

GFreak45

Reaction score
i have an idea for a hero for your map... the name seems kinda like the previous hero i posted but the idea is very different
Ammit (also spelled Ammut and Amehait in ancient Egyptian), Devourer of Souls: name derived from ancient Egyptian, mythical god that devours souls and inspired fear in everyone who truly believed in him.

Shadow Strike:
Ammit sinks into the shadows below him and appears behind his enemy dealing damage in an area of effect equal to (you choose damage its your map :D)+damage per point of agility

Abhorrence:
Your attacks have a chance to cause your enemies to have complete and udder fear of you and run in terror for 0.375/0.75/1.125/1.5 seconds

Feed on the weak:
Passive: Every time you strike an opponent your attack speed is increased by (2.5/5/7.5/10%), however, if you change opponents or do not strike this target in the next 3 seconds, the effect subsides
Active: You gain 100% attack speed for the next 5 seconds and your next attack will stun your opponent for 2 seconds.

Devour Soul:
You reach into your opponent and grab its soul tearing it from its body and throwing it on the ground next to you inspiring utter fear in its soul for 5/10/15 seconds, when attacked or casted on the damage is dealt to the hero souls soul has been severed, and any disables or effects Ammit uses on the soul also affect the hero who's soul was severed.

basically this hero would be played by shadow striking your opponent and devouring his soul, then while the soul is devoured, attack the soul for the duration so u get increased attack speed against an non-moving non-attacking enemy and your stun from Feed on the weak and your fear affect from abhorrence both affect the hero... so as u attack his soul... he gets stunned and then forced to run, leaving his soul defenseless

These triggers arent hard but if u do it without jass it takes more than one trigger for almost all of them... the hardest thing to do is the special effect for the soul... you can make a locusted version of every hero in your map and create that at a point near you when u cast it and make your "dummy soul" at the same point and change the units transparency to 90% and use a model thats big but not really solid... like a wisp but bigger and then change the transparency of the locusted hero copy to 20% so it looks like a soul :D that way when u attack the soul it looks like ur attacking the hero

and ps: a ctf map is interesting but i think it would be cool if there were options... like have the option to play it as an aos type map (like dota)... like a ctf map, or like a defense type aos map (units spawn at the middle and each team has to defend against oncoming wave after wave until they can push to the middle then destroy the other team... something like that :) it would be quite a bit to trigger but all 3 could be implemented

oooh and ps ps: if u make a map like this make sure your heroes are balanced, "The Dark Prince" deals enormous damage and has disables and is a strength hero (gains health and regen) yet Vierra deals very little dmg and has some nice disables, are her abilities spammable towhere once u get near her u cant get away and she can constantly disable you? does she have a single epic damage ability like CM in dota? can she survive long enough to kill a strength hero? are her damage abilities low because she is a support and this is also the reason for her disables? etc etc etc... i play LoL and dota all the time soooooo ya when one hero is too strong for any other hero to beat or counter it just isnt fun... maybe make agi heroes beat str heroes int heroes beat agi heros and str heroes beat int heroes? maybe agi deals high damage and it increases if ur enemy has a lot of health? and int heroes can disable agi heroes attacks? etc what gives your map balance

GFreak45

Reaction score
and the fact that dark princes (which i think should have a name from this list (a list of demons in myth) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amon_(demon)#King_Baal) strength acts like agility (atk speed increasing with str) i think is a little overdrawn when also giving him lifesteal a nuke/slow and crit strike unless all your heroes are overpowered in other ways

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score

No. What HydraRancher is pointing out is that your event is based off an attack, not damage taken. There is a significant difference. Attacks are triggered before damage is dealt, so if you order your unit to attack (if its in range), and then order it to stop, your event will still fire even though your unit never actually did any damage. Your trigger would bug up anyway, because there is no (Damage Taken) event established. You need to either use a generic (Damage taken) event, or use a Damage system. I suggest using Weep's GDD system.

Also, a note about the spells in the thread so far: they look really thought-out and fairly original. Some of them seem a bit overpowered, and the numbers can/would obviously be tweaked, but the ideas behind most of them are pretty neat. I especially like the idea that many of your spells are based on attributes. This allows for scaled power as the hero gains levels and items. Props to you on originality.

GFreak45

Reaction score
ahh i see that now... woops lol, iv been making a dmg system for my rpg and i automatically go to event response - damage taken :/

GFreak45

Reaction score
this trigger should fix that problem

Trigger:
  • Bloodthirster Unit Detection
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Bloodthirster base effect <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • Bloodthirster base effect
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Endurance Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
      • (Unit-type of (Damage Source)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Attacking unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + ((Damage taken) x ((0.08 + (0.01 x (Real((Strength of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))))) + (0.06 x (Real(((Level of Endurance Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Attacking unit)) - 1)))))))

then whenever u want to deal damage with a spell do this

Trigger:
    • If - Conditions
      • (Level of Demon Rune: Eruption for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
    • Then - Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Bloodthirster base effect <gen>
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Random real number between (148.00 + (4.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))))) and (167.00 + (4.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Trigger - Turn on Bloodthirster base effect <gen>
    • Else - Actions

this is the [if, then, else] function from the trigger supplied for the demon rune eruption with 2 functions added in so they dont make the base effect of bloodthirst go off... that is if u dont want it to have spell vamp... if u do just leave it on and ignore those 2 functions turn off and turn on lolz

draist

Reaction score
yet Vierra deals very little dmg and has some nice disables, are her abilities spammable towhere once u get near her u cant get away and she can constantly disable you?

For now I've only made 2 abilities and plan to think up 2 more. One of those abilities will probably be based on mana shield. Don't know yet.

what gives your map balance

At the moment, nothing since I haven't really created anything for my heroes. Only the heroes themselves.

unless all your heroes are overpowered in other ways

Well, it's only just one hero so far and when I balance them all out I don't think they will be "overpowered". I'd rather have awesome heroes with extreme abilites than some dull, boring stuff.

I will certainly not allow any of my heroes to be overpowered and if someone gets too powerful, I'll just fix it. It may take a little time to do so, but it will be done. If someone gets way to powerful I'll just remodel the hero altogether.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i believe u just givin u a heads up, imbalances are what cause a lot of maps to not flourish on b.net or w/e server you use if u dont use b.net.

draist

Reaction score
Wow, it has been a long time since I visited last! Mostly because my computer crashed and all my map saves with it and I then gave up mapping and stuff, but now I feel like going at it again. Just in case someone wondered where I went off to.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
HookShot / Clawshot (Zelda games)(GUI)

^ PLEASE!!!

I'm making a Zelda type game atm. And would absolutely LOVE to implement a hookshot ability. But, thats WAYYYYY out of my league.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.