About Special Effects

merlinds

Reaction score
HI thehelper people!

My question now is about the Special Effects, is there a way to create a special effect but without its sound?.
Because some times the default sound of an SE does not match with the use im giving to it.
For example, one of my heroes is a Magician, for his dessaparition skill i use the Polymorph effect, but when i create the effect it plays the sound of a sheep. i Would like to create the SE but use another sound.
Is it posible?? How? why? when? where? :p

Amn

Reaction score
been there

try these

Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphDoneGround.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Orc\MirrorImage\MirrorImageDeathCaster.mdl

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i believe sound is determined in the spell, like a sound field, check if it has a field where you can set impact sound and cast sounds

Reaction score
been there

try these

Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphDoneGround.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Orc\MirrorImage\MirrorImageDeathCaster.mdl

Thought he did not ask for any muted sounds,but for mute them i guess.

merlinds

Reaction score
Yeas, in the skills you can set the sounds. But for example when you make a triggered spell and in some part of it you add a SE you cannot set the sound of that SE, it just plays its default sound.
And the polymorph is just an example, i will need a more general solution, since this problem is whit more than one SE.

GFreak45

Reaction score
try using the channel ability, its the most flexible ability in game

merlinds

Reaction score
Im talking about Triggered Special effect, it does not matter whitch one ability i use.

GFreak45

Reaction score
well i was saying channel because i believe you can remove any sounds it makes if it makes any at all, its the single most flexible in game spell because it has nothing hard coded except that it is a channelling spell

Dirac

Reaction score
How about you listen to GFreak and use channel? you do know you can place an effect through triggers using channel

merlinds

Reaction score
How about you listen to GFreak and use channel? you do know you can place an effect through triggers using channel

How about you read what im asking, that has nothing to do with the skill itself but with the SE added through triggers?

AMN:

I dont know if im cute, but your solution works for me.
Thx!!!!!!

GFreak45

Reaction score
i was only meaning to use it because anything you do with the spell must be triggered, making it perfect for any spells that are giving you trouble due to hardcoding, which is what i thought the issue was here, hardcoding of the sound file for the spell

merlinds

Reaction score
and i thank you for the tip, is very welcome and useful, and i understand why you say it. Just answer to Dirac because he seems to not read the entire post :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.