Health Acid syringe could spell an end to dentist's drill

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It's the main reason so many of us feel such trepidation when faced with a trip to the dentist.

But the dreaded drill could soon be a thing of the past thanks to a new technique in which teeth are treated with acid gel squirted from a syringe.

Although acid in food and drink is one of the biggest causes of decay, scientists say its corrosive properties become an advantage when it comes to removing rotting parts of teeth.

And while a drill can destroy healthy parts of the tooth, the makers of the pencil-sized 'Icon' syringe say their treatment is far more efficient at removing only the diseased area - and less traumatic.

Want to know more?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
<3
I hate the drills. This will make dentists pleasant.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Well let's see what kind of comment would go here...
Maybe something like...

Yay!

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Aww But i like being traumatized every time i hear that drill. :rolleyes:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I heard that drill this morning when the dentist was doing this to me:

mini_implants.35243037.JPG

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Strange, I never have trouble with the drill. You do not actually feel it (if properly anesthesised of course)

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
It's not feeling it that creates the feeling. It's the sound and knowing what's going on.

And the nagging fear that the drill slips and gets rammed into either your tounge, gums or throat. Not to mention the X-ray scans and the pokey-scrapey metal thing.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
The pokey-scrapey thing is scary as hell when you're numbed. I for one am even MORE scared when I'm numb. I won't know if the dentist slipped and stabbed me unless he says "oops" which is a word you never want to hear whenever you're with a dentist or other doctor.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>"oops" which is a word you never want to hear whenever you're with a dentist or other doctor.

I dunno about you, but if a doctor diagnoses me with cancer or something I want him to look at his clipboard and say "Oops... nevermind." immediately afterward.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.