Add a Resolved prefix for WE help zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It might not that helpful to some people, but for me it would save a fair bit of time if I could see wich people have already had the problem solved instead of having to read the whole thread.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
"But for me" basically means unless a lot of people jump in to agree with this idea, I'll guess "no" is in your future :)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
That would require thread titles to make any sense. "[Solved] Really need HELP!!!" doesn't tell anything...

Until then, this would be: "Not at this time. Thank you for your suggestion".

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That would require thread titles to make any sense. "[Solved] Really need HELP!!!" doesn't tell anything...

Until then, this would be: "Not at this time. Thank you for your suggestion".

I understand "No" better. Becuase by your logic the News prefix's don't make any sense either. :p

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I think this would be helpful as well, I considered suggesting it before.

@AceHart: Allthough this suggestion is probably even worse, You could make a sub forum in WE help section called "Solved problems" to move them into, if you really though it wouldn't work out that way.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The thing is, I don't believe you can make it change automatically, meaning a mod has to change the prefix or move the thread...

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The thing is, I don't believe you can make it change automatically, meaning a mod has to change the prefix or move the thread...

You could make it so the person that made the thread could mark it?
(Probably too much work)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I personally think its a great idea.

I personally think it wont work becuase of what Ace pointed out.

Reaction score
I think it'd be a great idea if the thread maker could select "Resolved" from thread tools, and it comes out like this:

resolved847.png

But instead of having a complete new column for it, it could be placed right before the thread title. Or then it could be placed over the 'image'.. like in vbforums.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
i also think it could be a great thing to do.

especially what Uberplayer said above - i like it.

i don't know how this forum works execly but if u could make that it would be great thing

duyen

Reaction score
I think it'd be a great idea if the thread maker could select "Resolved" from thread tools, and it comes out like this:

resolved847.png

But instead of having a complete new column for it, it could be placed right before the thread title. Or then it could be placed over the 'image'.. like in vbforums.

z0mg, the brilliance.

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

resolved847.png

Thats what I was talking about. Though, I didn't think the "Resolved" text would be part of the link it hardly matters.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Problem Acehart pointed out, is that hardly people describe (or try to) their problem in the thread title. While you can have a solved "Trying to create a Fake MdiList", you can have "Need help First time on WE" or "Bunch of questions!"

While it would work on some cases, it won't on others. Still, isn't it better to just search when looking for something?

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
While it would work on some cases, it won't on others. Still, isn't it better to just search when looking for something?

I'm not sure that I get your point. I don't see how this has anything to do with searching. It was to help the people helping others, so you don't have to view a thread to see if they still need help (can take a while on 3 page threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.