Airship

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Here's my latest work, trying to improve my texturing skills...
textures are 2048x2048 sized them down to 1024 to show.

01.png

03.png

02.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

07.png

Transport8.jpg

here's my website if you want to check out my other work as well
www.nautalusx.com

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
It looks pretty nice :) I have never seen anything that looks like that so I to me it looks original:thup:

I am not a 3d artist and I do not know much about working with 3d at all, but it looks a bit ruff on some edges, like the pipes in front.

What purpose does is intended for this airship? Is it a transport, scout, fighter, bomber?

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
yes, it is my own design. :p Everything is from scratch... it has no weapons on it, and the size is very large... I meant it to be a transport to quickly shuttle people between air bases.. with smaller fighter planes protecting it.

and yeah I probably should have spent a few extra tris making them pipes in the front smoother. Thanks for the input, it's nice to see what someone with no experience on the subject thinks about it as well.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the style of it. It reminds of the style of Final Fantasy :thup:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
that one part of it looks like that star wars vehicle used by the drones
very nice btw

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
That looks awesome.
Your texturing skills look good.
The center part looks like the Droid vehicle from Star Wars to me.

I like the car you made. Is jealous of skills.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
haha yeah I try to get some FF design into my work too. The FF art style for vehicles and just about anything else is amazing. Drone ship? :p never thought of that. I've seen my fair share of starwars designs too, inspiring stuff :thup: just take FF, starwars, and some random Sci-FI movie vehicle designs and mix them all up to get somthing good.

Oh and revolver...its more like this one the airship from FF7
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/_...es/thumb/a/af/Highwind.jpg/270px-Highwind.jpg

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
haha yeah I try to get some FF design into my work too. The FF art style for vehicles and just about anything else is amazing. Drone ship? :p never thought of that. I've seen my fair share of starwars designs too, inspiring stuff :thup: just take FF, starwars, and some random Sci-FI movie vehicle designs and mix them all up to get somthing good.

Oh and revolver...its more like this one the airship from FF7
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/_...es/thumb/a/af/Highwind.jpg/270px-Highwind.jpg

Ah yes THAT airship :D I'm guessing you are using 3ds Max? I've been messing around with Blender but I trained at school with SoftImage >.> I really wish I got my 3d basics from 3ds max or Maya...

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Why isn't the airship on your website, :O

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

(because I havent put it up yet) :O lol

yesh I'm using 3dsmax learned through tutorials forums ppl's critique and similar things. 3dsmax or maya is the way to go if your serious about this, also photoshop, Xnormal, nvidaphotoshop plugins, Unreal development kit to show my models in actual real time game engine. Everythings free except for 3dsmax photoshop and Zbrush for sculpting small details into your highpoly mesh (which I havent even touched yet) I have the special learning edition of 3dsmax... lol
www.game-artist.net is my home base and great for anyone to learn.

Anyways... the graphics of my website could definitely use some polishing :p
I'm just not sure about it. Maybe change the purple plating to white, and the red wires to black and give them horizontal lines like the other wiring. And add a whole bunch of other details..blah! I've said to much

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Everythings free except for 3dsmax photoshop and Zbrush for sculpting small details into your highpoly mesh (which I havent even touched yet)

I was reading up in one of my art mags that sculptris does most of what Zbrush does. I don't know if the quality is the same but it might be worth a try if you aren't ready to jump into the financial investment yet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.