Alice in Wonderland (2010)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Middle ground here, she's fine looking and the movie didn't need a hot Alice, but she looked like she was straining herself or wincing most of the time. In 3'd things are greyed down a bit (cause of the polarized glasses) and she looked like she was sick and dieing. Without them its not such an issue, once in Wonderland cause the de-saturation filter gets lifted... but it is unusual to see such pale actors.

She did always look strained, I'll second that. And yeah, in 3D the actors and everything where grayed out a bit due to the glasses.

Zakyath

Reaction score
>It was based both Alice in Wonderland and the sequel (written in 1875) by an Englishman who was a pedophile trying to get a little girl to like him. Of course there isn't any other races in it.

I thought the pedophilia were only suspicions. However, how is that relevant to not being other races in the movie?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
back then people didnt care what color skin you were, or it just didnt matter.

I am still wondering if i should see it or not.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
back down with the race thing already.

The movie was OK, nothing too increddible (like starwars or the Matrix) but, nothing too bad either.

The actors were very talanted, the girl who played Allice was cute, not hot, but cute.

There were a few things I did not like (for example how a girl between 16-18 can wear a full body armor, swing a heavy sword AND still be agile as an elf) but then again, everything is possible in fantasy movies.

I do recommend it. It is easy to watch, simple and fun.

Zakyath

Reaction score
back down with the race thing already.

The movie was OK, nothing too increddible (like starwars or the Matrix) but, nothing too bad either.

The actors were very talanted, the girl who played Allice was cute, not hot, but cute.

There were a few things I did not like (for example how a girl between 16-18 can wear a full body armor, swing a heavy sword AND still be agile as an elf) but then again, everything is possible in fantasy movies.

I do recommend it. It is easy to watch, simple and fun.

And you didn't wonder about the talking animals. Hm. Reminds me of a guy who said something about it would be unrealistic to involve firearms in WoW....

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
You fail to see the point. She was supposed to be just a human. Not an enchanced squirel, a human, not a dragon, a normal human. She was just a human in the film from the beginning, so she should have had no super strenght.

Did I mention that she was just a human ?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You fail to see the point. She was supposed to be just a human. Not an enchanced squirel, a human, not a dragon, a normal human. She was just a human in the film from the beginning, so she should have had no super strenght.

And the animals were just animals, yet the.... SPOKE! :eek:

It was all just a drug induced hallucination/dream. Obviously one can do whatever they wish in a lucid dream.

Zakyath

Reaction score
>You fail to see the point. She was supposed to be just a human. Not an enchanced squirel, a human, not a dragon, a normal human. She was just a human in the film from the beginning, so she should have had no super strenght.

No, I don't think you did! Let us then assume that the armor and the sword were magical. They even said in the movie that she just needed to hold the sword, since it knew what it wanted. Not a hard task to do :J

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The armor and swinging the Sword. Its because its her fantasy and the morale for that part of the storyline is "Nothing is impossible unless you believe it is".

So yes realistically its impossible, its her fantasy "dream" and you do a lot of stuff in dreams than you could never possible do in Reality.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Not so Fantastical Afterall

She was just a human in the film from the beginning, so she should have had no super strenght.

My theory on this is that after falling through the rabbit hole the atmospheric pressure was considerably higher and the ambient water molecules were in much denser clusters that refracted our sight more, which made our concept of depth of vision inaccurate. Objects in site are FURTHER then they appear.

49-Aug-31-2009-Baseball-face-fail.jpg

Our depth perception is subject to change.

This would mean after her ingesting the shrinking food she actually scaled down to a far far smaller size then what at our normal atmospheric pressure accustomed eyes would make us perceive.

The next big issue that needs to be addressed. When she's shrunk, to be physically true to her regular human nature, she'd have to maintain the same mass, with an altered density. So she actually has supremely dense bones, and extremely compact muscles. This explains her strained look throughout the movie, the compression likely caused discomfort. Through this condensed form she appears to have the super strength to wear some teency other world armor which likely felt like wearing a paper bag to her. It would be like lifting weights on Saturn (assuming you could get there and somehow setup a weight machine) then participating in some strong man competitions with Pluto's native people. You would have an advantage. We see similar events take place in Dragon Ball Z actually with Gohan training in his shuttle with increased simulated gravity. Makes sense really.

quiz1181outcome1.jpg

Bambam, compact, and strong.

To help add logic to this, if objects from this world would come into ours, and their size scaled up accordingly by perhaps a shrinking/growing body lotion (since chairs and shite can't eat or drink), this means they would likely be considerably lighter, and possibly even float. If you recall during the fall down the rabbit hole Alice does bump into a great deal of floating objects. Coincidence? I think not.

great_flying_chinese_army.jpg

Yes, the Chineese emigrated from Wonderland.

Only reason the rabbit doesn't float away while on the surface is cause he's a fat rabbit, and likely before we see him in the movie, he is a giga-titan of a rabbit normally in their underworld. He actually had to shrink and get more condensed to come to fit into our world. My train of thought behind this is that the Queen of hearts likely has the rabbit as company because in order for him to satiate his fast metabolisms hunger, he had to eat forests and forests to be content. This is a viable theory as to why so many of the forests in the movie are completely stripped down. He effectively was held captive by his hunger, becoming a forest killing machine for the Queen.

vizzerdrix.jpeg

Proof of a Giga Rabbits existence through Magic the Gathering?

Any who back to Alice, she's super dense, muscles compressed, causes her strain, also causes her what in relativity is 'super strength'. The overall result of this is when she's back in her real world, her brain connections are all severed from shrinking bigger and smaller, and she says blasphemous things like "LOLOL trade routes in CHINA! HURHUR!".

ECAsiaPhys.jpg

I love trading through mountainous territory.

Interesting side point, from India Britain liked to trade with China for opium. Author of this story partook in opiates.

So super strength, simple really.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright.

The ending ruined the entire film.

From the dancing to the armor, and the fight...

It was just too much

[/review]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.