Allowing a unit to cast spells while not being able to be moved

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
I'm wanting to have 1 player controlling a units movement, and another player controlling spells which can be fired from that unit.

So, in a nut shell, im confused about how I can make a unit only be allowed to move by one unit, but not by the other while the other can fire spells, while the other one cant ^^.

I was thinking of dummy units, but it would have to be constantly moved to keep ontop of the original unit.
Its hard, but whoever can get an answer to this is a star and is worthy of +rep

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I'm wanting to have 1 player controlling a units movement, and another player controlling spells which can be fired from that unit.
Here's an "authentic" WC3 way to do it. Bear in mind that an order to cast on a unit will interrupt movement orders, which might be annoying.

This abuses the way that the Shop Sharing abilities allow ability sharing, described in the WC3 Ability Guide:
A side effect of 'Aneu' is also that it allows for shared abilities. Even an enemy can use the abilities of a unit that has 'Aneu'.
As it turns out, 'Ane2' has that property but doesn't have the annoying "Select Hero" button. So, give the unit the "Select Unit" ability (rawcode is 'Ane2') and all the abilities, then by triggers, disable all those abilities for the player that should only control movement (and make sure the unit is owned by that player).

An example map is attached with a few confused Footmen. :D

Attachments

• Swapped Spell Sharing.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 119

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you can create a unit with 0 movespeed in an enclosed location without a model that when u select a unit equal to the unit type of the one you want controlled it automatically makes you select the unit that is in an enclosed location, and depending on which player it can be a different unit, then whenever the enclosed unit is ordered to do something, instead the main unit does it...

DioD

Reaction score
much more better to make separate unit to cast spells, ever with share trick casting will interrupt movement.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.