Asking for tech help? Read this please.

KillerChi

Reaction score
If you are asking for Technical Support, I often see where people ask a question but leave out important details.

•Tell us your OS and if it is a possible security issue, tell us your Service Pack!
•What happened before you got this problem? This is a biggie. I got a virus! What were you doing before then? Oh, I downloaded Halo 2 online for free! Just giving that piece of info will help.
•What software do you got installed? Though this is a more security related or instability problem. Sometimes software will interfere with each other.
•Got a Blue Screen of Death? Write down the hex code(The mumbo-jumbo rand characters thing)
•What hardware is in your computer? If you don't know, give us your computers model #
let's see if you understand! I will give y'all an example :) .

Which is better? #1 or #2?
#1: I got a virus, can't boot up computer.
#2: I have XP SP2, I was browsing the internet and visited -inappropriate site here- then my computer slowed down and crash.
Anything you guys/girls think I should add to this list?

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
Which is better? #1 or #2?
#1: I got a virus, can't boot up computer.
#2: I have XP SP2, I was browsing the internet and visited -inappropriate site here- then my computer slowed down and crash.
Anything you guys/girls think I should add to this list?

I know it is an example, but the problems look slightly different. #1 the computer doesn't boot, #2 it slows down and crashes. Yea it is an anal post, but if you're going to give examples make them the same so people will see a useful difference.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.