DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Well we went and saw the 3D version today, and I must say, the 3D version is 5x better and cooler to watch that the normal movie. It adds so much, it's awesome! :thup:

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WHAT?!?! It sinks at the end?! Way to ruin it for me, man!

Titanic was different because it's based on a true story that most people are aware of... although not as good as the original one that was in black and white and all badass and stuff; Avatar was supposed to be an original plot, or at least I thought it was going to be, which somewhere I read the actual script was written in 2002 whereas the premise of the idea came way before. And I didn't like it because I knew what was going to happen, I didn't like it because the entire time it felt more like a tech demo and had no originality to it, nothing beyond the visuals made me think of it as amazing or something that, if it wasn't so hyped up and I saw a commercial every twenty minutes, I would really remember. But, because the entire thing has been emblazoned into my head forever thanks to 150 million dollars of advertising, I probably will.

Well then it depends on our grading charts, which are definitely different. :rolleyes:

When I go see a movie there's not much room for originality, much more for overall quality. If inspiring yourself from others makes room for a better overall experience, then I strongly suggest to go for it.

James Cameron coming up with a unusual, original yet incomprehensible story might have confused more than one and reduced the quality of the film, which in my grading charts does not mind inspiration from others. Indeed, it seems like works based upon others' successful work are usually better, seeing as there is often a re-masterization of something that's already good. That can only make it better.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Man, you guys are so negative about things. Yeah, it was a bit predictable, but why does that make it any less awesome?

I'm sorry, but if you really have that high of standards for movies, I can see that you really don't like many movies that come out, because most are that way... ;)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Man, you guys are so negative about things. Yeah, it was a bit predictable, but why does that make it any less awesome?

I'm sorry, but if you really have that high of standards for movies, I can see that you really don't like many movies that come out, because most are that way... ;)

Exactly!

Borat: "They are player haters."

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

punwisp

Reaction score
Greed? Whats this have anything to do with greed?

ITs been showing for a couple months, and people have been flowing in like water, making tons of money.

This puts WoW to shame

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Irony is stunning :eek: A movie about controlling our greed and yet the director is swimming in it...

Come one but lets be serious... when doesn't Hollywood not care about money? :p

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
So the toll of watching this movie thus far is 3 x 3D in theaters and 2x in theaters. My girl at the time loved the movie and we went and saw it like 3 weeks in a row, haha. :thup:

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
cameron talked about making avatar 2. And who knows how much money that will suck out of America.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cameron talked about making avatar 2. And who knows how much money that will suck out of America.

Well, if you don't want to give him money, don't watch it? :rolleyes:

Good news, let's just hope they're as good as the first.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
They are re-releasing Avatar this summer with deleted scenes in the film.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.