Be careful of the new Trojan that stops Internet

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Be careful of the (relatively) new trojan that stops you're internet if it starts up.

The name of the trojan is ms0cfg32.exe, delete it with antivirus and prevent it to connect to the internet somehow (lucky me i had ZA). Getting it seems to be easy (since i only surfed the pages i usually do and got it).

How to get rid of it ( If you don't have any AV or anti spyware or are too lazy to do a full spyware/virus check): Kill the process and then delete it via the search option. Secondly, you have to restart you're computer and disable all the proxy settings in every browser that you have (because the trojan sets all the browsers to use proxies). This should clean it up completely.

Warning: The program tries to integrate itself with svchost, and i'm unsure what the consequences of this is, as i shut it down before it could do anything, so please be careful.

P.S I had no idea where to post this, is there an area where we can post warnings like this (Tech support said security so...).

clarkkelsey

Reaction score
Many, Many Thanks!

Thank you for your description on how to remove this virus! I checked all over the internet, but no explanation was a simple to understand as yours, and it worked perfectly for me. Thank you very much!

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Uh, can we get this stickied?

Oh, and right around now I'm happy for a mac :p

(just kidding, if I had money I'd be running alienware<3)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.