Behind the Wheel driving test

idk_a_name

ABC GUM :D
Reaction score
So, I'm taking my behind the wheel driving test for my license this Friday and I'm a little apprehensive about it. The DMV in my home town is booked so I had to go to another where I'm not too familiar with the streets, and lots of J-walking goes on.
I'm a fine driver, but you can't help to be nervous, so I was hoping to get some advice, or tips from people who have taken the test before, and hopefully calm my nerves.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Everyone's nervous, just know that.
After like 2min driving, you won't even care, you'll be too busy making sure you don't go over the speed limit and such.

I would do a test drive around this unfamiliar DMV if I were you, but either way, if you're a decent driver you should do fine.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I failed my first one because I was too nervous. I couldn't think straight. I tried to talk about politics to calm me down, but that made things worse. My suggestion is that you shouldn't talk or do anything that may distract you and the instructor. Focus on your driving even though you've done it a thousand times before.

My second test was in a town I've never been to. I passed with flying colors. I suppose the reason I did so well was because I had fun driving in a new part of my state. Sometimes driving in the same area just makes things worse for some people. :p

The driving part should be simple, but what isn't easy is staying focus on the task at hand. Good luck!

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Don't worry. If its as easy as any driving test up here in Canada, knowing how to turn the steering wheel and pressing the gas peddle will get you a liscense.

Good luck!

idk_a_name

ABC GUM :D
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm planning on driving around the DMV this wednesday and thursday to get the feel of the place.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I passed mine the first try, and also passed my Class M test the first try too. You just have to go into the place knowing you can do it and you should have no problem, provided you really can drive... Lol

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Failure is the best way to cure your nervousness.

If you fail the test, you'll realize its not the end of the world, and you can just take it again the next day. It's a huge comfort knowing that nothing changes if you fail, you just keep trying.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Have enough alcohol before it to take off the 'edge' and your nervous issue will be gone. I'd recommend 4oz of Greygoose vodka.
Don't listen on Jimpy, its the WORST hint ever :thup:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Failure is the best way to cure your nervousness.

If you fail the test, you'll realize its not the end of the world, and you can just take it again the next day. It's a huge comfort knowing that nothing changes if you fail, you just keep trying.

If you fail it here in California, you have to wait two weeks before you can take it again.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
If you fail it here in California, you have to wait two weeks before you can take it again.

The point is, nothing bad happens if you fail, they tell you what you have to work on, you work on it, and then you try again.

:thup:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I never took my test in USA, I got my lisence in Mexico by playing a car arcade without crashing :thup:

j/k I drove around empty roads and 2 stoplights in Mexico City. :p

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Be sure you know how to parallel park. That's the hardest part!

Make sure you stop behind any stop signs. Even if you have to go past the stop sign to see any oncoming traffic, make sure you are completely stopped before it, then pull up to look.

Also, when turning, turn in to the closest lane, and merge into the lane you are going to end up in (they want to know you're prepared for the future, when you make a left/right turn later on).

The rest is all common sense:
Don't speed, Don't go over the lines, and avoid talking with them if they're strict.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Since when do you have to parallel park?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Yeah, we didn't have to parallel park...
We, literally, had to pretty much drive around two blocks, use turn signals, and not hit anything. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.