Best Map in Warcraft III

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I have played only a small fraction of the maps out there, but I like a lot of maps that I have never seen hosted, like some of the maps in the downloads in the World Edit Tutorials site.

I guess my favorite TD is Element, but I play Green TD and Wintermaul-based maps more.

My favorite AoS is AoM, with ToB right behind. I hate AotZ. The creeps are stronger than the heroes, for crying out loud. I don't like DotA, becuase it's so elitist, every time I play they all call me a noob if I die, even if they have died four times; and the heroes really are imbalanced.

My favorite tag map is Sheep Tag Revolution. None of that ROTS crap. Just a good, normal, balanced sheep tag.

I never play RPGs. I don't have the time or the patience.

I rarely play survival maps, save Enfo's, and stopped playing hero arenas a long time ago. Mostly 'cuz arenas suck.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
DotA and DoD (Day of Destiny) have 12 slots.
no, dota does not have 12 slots. They set it up so it could, but only the versions modified by people with access to the open map whos name isnt icefrog have made the 12-players versions, which arent played as much for some reason.

edit:
of the AoS genre:

My favorite(s):
ToB, easily teh pwnage. AoM is acceptable too, though it's basically a ripoff with not quite the quality. Of course, when saying 'low quality' compared to ToB, it still means it's a simply amazing map.

My not favorite(s):
DotA gets the spot here for me. It's just a big game of rock/paper/scissors.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
I like footmen frenzy, any builder arenas, and just got addicted to winter maul wars.

S

SneakySpidy

Good Games in my opinion

1 : Warcraft Frozen Throne
2 : Guildwars
3 : World or Warcraft
4 : Gun
5 : Ground Control

and i also recommend some MMORPG's like Silkroad, Kal Online, Mu Online, Diablo II and Albatross18

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
no, dota does not have 12 slots. They set it up so it could, but only the versions modified by people with access to the open map whos name isnt icefrog have made the 12-players versions, which arent played as much for some reason.

edit:
of the AoS genre:

My favorite(s):
ToB, easily teh pwnage. AoM is acceptable too, though it's basically a ripoff with not quite the quality. Of course, when saying 'low quality' compared to ToB, it still means it's a simply amazing map.

My not favorite(s):
DotA gets the spot here for me. It's just a big game of rock/paper/scissors.

Hmmm...I thought official versions had 12 slots and other DotA maps such as the ones made by Guinsoo were 10 slots. I still have an existing DotA 6.39b which has 12 slots. Okay, deleted it now.

G

g1real

AoS
-Land of Legends (LoL) - 9/10, Balanced heroes (in my eyes that is). Easy to play. Love the fact selling items returns gold (that's balanced too)
-??? Unkown map, I can't remember the name. 8.5/10
-Defence of the Ancients, 7/10. It's just too arrogant with so many 'pro's' flaming you when you screw up.

RPG
- Isle at War, I even play this singleplayer when I can't go online. Love it, 8.5/10
- Defiance ORPG - A decent rpg, nice with instance idea. 7/10
- Black Road - Long loading times, bad lag to my uber comp (even the minimap preview image takes 7 seconds...), 5/10
- All other RPG's - 7/10

Survival - Troll Tribe style
Jungle Troll Tribes - Only a 8/10, which could be a 9.5/10 if it didn't lag so HORRIBLE and didn't had GAY text like "U Need 5 Wood To Craft this Item!" - 8/10
Island Troll Tribes - No lag, many options, but lame craft system =), 8/10
Ice Troll Tribes - Basic Concept, made the start, 8/10
Wilderness Survival - The real version, 7/10. A bit lamed
Insane Survival - BULLSHIT, ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!, 1/10

Tower Defence
Stargate SG1 Hold The Line 8/10
Element TD, 8/10
All other TD's, average rating, 6/10

Nothing else atm.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
-

I like tower wars a lot, but my favorite map is Heaven vs Hell. It's not the most balanced, but its fun because its like I'm in my own world. Its the kind of map where you can go off doing w/e you want without having to attend to anything.

I also like Ele TD, any good version/knockoff of wmw is fun for me, and the occasional DotA. DotA has a few rigged heroes though :(

I think I played a base builder map once, it was pretty fun too.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
1 : Warcraft Frozen Throne
2 : Guildwars
3 : World or Warcraft
4 : Gun
5 : Ground Control

and i also recommend some MMORPG's like Silkroad, Kal Online, Mu Online, Diablo II and Albatross18
I personally hate the mmorpg Mu online, if you arnt on constantly (3 weeks) they delete your account / character. I also think Elimination tornament is a good game, I'm also a big fan of Ultimate footies.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
:)

I would say fun maps are DotA , Fishk what ever its name is and as for TD i think Stackerz is alot of fun!

And i dont think DotA is imbalanced sure some heroes are better against others and if one team gets only int and the other gets only str the match is quite gg. Unless ofcourse the int team buys the right gear. Gear does the most in dota imo, Like imba dmg spells as slayers laguna blades 1150 Dmg with agah. BUT just go get a linken sphear and your problems are solved (atleast in one on one situations).

THE ONLY IMBA in DotA is naix the lifestealer, what can you do against a naix lvl 25? if anyone has the answer please tell me. With avatar on he is invulnerable.

C

Craptola

My most played map has to be Azeroth Wars. I also like QuatreDans D&D as wel as Vuens but I prefer QD's. Footman Frenzy versions 4.2 - 5.5 (but not 5.3), Footman Vs Grunts, Legacies Of Warcraft, Hero Line Wars, Village Builder Gold.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>and dont just say DOTA, that game is so overplayed/hosted
DotA...why can't it be my favorite just because it's hosted a lot?

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
My clan chieftain plays DotA at least 10 times a day :rolleyes:. So what if it's too overplayed, it's just a game (Well, in most of your eyes, but not mine). If I want to play DotA, I'd rather play Day of Destiny which to me is better than DotA.

nomadian

Reaction score
best map, well map I've played most is Dota on RoC. Best map, I seen some very polished maps at that site affiliated with here, forgotten name.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Well I cant deny the triggering, items etc are amazing, but I just hate the fact that people join -AR games, and then leave if they get a bad hero (or have a bad team mate).

DoubleDraGoN

Reaction score
my top 20 =D

im sorry, i can't just post one. Custom maps are the best thing about TFT. I currently have 625 custom maps :D anyways...

spanning from near the beginning of TFT release date

20. Risk and battle for middle earth risk
19. Horse Racing 2.0
18. Tree Tag XI version only, don't complain its rigged, its not. blink is rigged
17. FF maul XI (i :) yuffie sell trick)
16. Escape Maker Gold Edition
15. Defi4nc3's ORPG
14. Don't Talk (the funniest & most random map I have ever played)
13. Helm's Deep (legolas lvl 10 so fking imba :eek: )
12. LOTR castle defense
11. Peppar's Multiplayer Chess
10. Pictionary
9. Multi-Square Defence
8. MindBreaker 1.01
7. Pyramid Escape 1.20 (recent versions :nuts: )
6. Wintermaul (any balanced versions)
5. Pokemon World 6.0
4. Bug Evolution v1.0b
3. Battle Tanks Ultra
2. DBZ Tribute v9.4
1. Footmen Frenzy 3.8

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
dark deeds

well i really liked one ( I think 5? during that Dark Deeds craze like year and 1/2 ago) but then when they released the new one I stoped playing it alot.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
IMO:
Best Um's Maps:
DeathWalk: Total Undead RPG
Footies (StarWars edition) Love the Models. Watch Darth Vader Waddle!
Hero Wars (dont remember edition i liked)
DBZ Tribute? Custom Models
Diablo2 LoD PK Arena (basically Angel Arena with d2lod info)
Golems Madness
Some TD Game (i forget which, but it was good)
Tank Warz (not sure which edition)

Worst Maps:
Dota: BanList Abuse, Incredibly Rude Players, Globals
(aside from those aspects Dota is a damn Fine Map and is one of the Best Um's ever created on an RTS game.)

Sex Games: wont even try it.
SailorMoon Epic RPG
Any Map With Cheat Triggers or Rigged. in other words, NoobMaps
Masters of the Universe
StarCraft Maps ( i dont get it. play broodwars if you like these maps. the real thing is better than any wc3 mod)
Final Fantasy maps (i like final fantasy, and most ff maps iv played have been very poor quality, seeming like the map was constructed over night.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Well almost every TD maps, Crazy Barrens(my little private map),
maze escapes and escape builders.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.