Best Map Size

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
Im making an 11 player TD, what's the best mapsize and also what is the best way to arrange the spawn regions for them to be in equal places on the map?

Reaction score
Im making an 11 player TD, what's the best mapsize and also what is the best way to arrange the spawn regions for them to be in equal places on the map?

For your second question I would say maybe start in the corners if you have only 4 spawning regions

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
Well I don't really want 4 spawning regions I was hoping 1 for each player so 11 spawning regions.

P

Panasonic

i get wut ur doing, well umm i know 10 spawning ones, 3 on the top( Left, Middle, Right) 4 in the middle, u get one far right, one mid right, one mid left, one far left, and 3 bottom( Left, Middle, Right)

get the enemies destination in maybe alittle farther bottom middle...

umm map size for a td shouldnt be large, or extreme.. unless ur like making huge maze things for the enemies lol.. i would say 160 x 160?

Tonks

Reaction score
Well I don't really want 4 spawning regions I was hoping 1 for each player so 11 spawning regions.

You can spawn more than one player's units at one spawn point.
I.e, spawn 4 different spawns at one spot, have them split up and go to their players.

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
Yea I get what your saying, everything for me has to be perfect right in the exact spot (its like OCD even though I dont have OCD). what other good ideas do you guys have, I'll take anything at this point.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Or (this would actually be interesting to see) make a line-shaped map (64x256 or so) with the first player on top and every next below him. Spawn points can be for every second player or whatever you want.
Note though that this way might be unfair bounty-wise since the one who gets to kill more creeps gets more money.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well, you could change that a bit to make it fair. have 5 area (10 players) and have a spawn point in the middle of each of them and make creeps go up and down... this is confusing for you probably.. heres a digram:

_
| |
| |
| |
|-|
| |
| |
|_|

look: the top is 1 player, the bottom another. the spawn point is in the middle and the units go up and then down... and also you could use the 2 spare players as creeps so that 1 gos up and the other goes down ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.