Best, worst movies

Lambda_drive

Reaction score
There are some movies out there that are just SO bad that they're actually fun to watch.

Here are a few of my favorite gems.

Blankman

[YOUTUBE]zTd9VS-avKA[/YOUTUBE]

Yes that's actually is Damon Wayans. This movie is as cheesy as they get. The acting isn't so good, the effects are hilariously bad and the character Damon Wayans plays is just so nerdy. It kind of sounds bad, but all those things just make the movie more hilarious.

Howard the duck

[YOUTUBE]SzI-ZbcK_sw[/YOUTUBE]

This movie is pretty cheesy too. Nothing about this movie is believable. It's pretty much George Lucas's worst movie ever. Even his student movie THX 1138 is better and that thing was super artsy-fartsy and not in a good way. Howard the duck has a lot of funny moments though and Lea Thompson is pretty hot in this movie. :cool:

Steel

[YOUTUBE]lmXgDTUQVZY[/YOUTUBE]

Kazam is probably worse than this, but Kazam is a lot more well known, but this is a super close second for Shaq. Just like kazam this movie has a lot of cheesy 90's stuff in it. It kind of reminds me of iron man. :p

Johnny Mnemonic

[YOUTUBE]J9m3FD-RQXU[/YOUTUBE]

Does this movie remind you of anything? Looks kind of like the matrix huh? If this movie had a better director, a better writer and maybe better actors it might have been a hit. The story is a bit interesting, but it's nothing that'll knock your socks off. The main reason to see this movie is for the 1995 3D effects. When it first came out the effects were crazy, but now they're kind of funny. Oh and Ice T is in this movie too!

Honorable Mention

Pretty much anything made by Tom Green. :p

Lets see some more bad movies.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Like the Matrix? It's the same actor, too! :D

Worst movie... The Incredible Mrs. Ritchie. Weird.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Worst movies: Anything made by Uwe Boll, Zeitgeist, Fahrenheit 9/11. Technically two are documentaries but still, they sucked. And were wrong, like not politically but factually.

Lambda_drive

Reaction score
This thread isn't about bad movies, this thread is about movies that are bad, but that are still ENJOYABLE to watch.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I don't think that "Johnny Mnemonic" and "Steel" is that bad, they are actually pretty decent movies.

Please explain how you find similarities between "Johnny Mnemonic" and "Matrix":eek:

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
This thread isn't about bad movies, this thread is about movies that are bad, but that are still ENJOYABLE to watch.

it sounded like the best, worst movies you ever seen as in like, the best of the worst movies, or the worst of the worst.. Title confuses me, or it could just be me T_T

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
it sounded like the best, worst movies you ever seen as in like, the best of the worst movies, or the worst of the worst.. Title confuses me, or it could just be me T_T

A guilty pleasure movie...

something that you enjoy that you think you shouldn't enjoy, either for personal reasons or because of the possibility of other's reactions.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yeah my list can fall into that too.

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
One of the worst movies of all time: The Star Wars Holiday Special. Seriously, I want my 2 hours (and my brain) back.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
One of the worst movies of all time: The Star Wars Holiday Special. Seriously, I want my 2 hours (and my brain) back.

We're not talking about worst movies, :p
I guess a lot of movies from when you were kid were best-worst movies. Kids love the movie as long as it's funny and stuff. Then when they get older, they realize how bad it might've been. However, it's still fun and great to watch. Like those cartoons. Some of them are crap score-wise, but they're memories.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Lambda_drive

Reaction score

Yeah I get what your talking about. It's kind of like saying most worst.

I don't think that "Johnny Mnemonic" and "Steel" is that bad, they are actually pretty decent movies.

Please explain how you find similarities between "Johnny Mnemonic" and "Matrix":eek:

Well they both have Keanu Reeves in it. In both movies he has a hole in the back of his head. But in Johnny Mnemonic he connects to the internet and in the matrix he connects to the Matrix. Also both movies are futuristic. They're both also sci-fi movies and they kind of have the same kind of mood. The movies have a slight resemblance but that's it.

We're not talking about worst movies, :p
I guess a lot of movies from when you were kid were best-worst movies. Kids love the movie as long as it's funny and stuff. Then when they get older, they realize how bad it might've been. However, it's still fun and great to watch. Like those cartoons. Some of them are crap score-wise, but they're memories.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Yeah that's how I see it too. For example a movie like Joe Dirt got very bad reviews, most critics thought it was dumb and it has bad scores on sites like IMDB, so you can say it's a bad movie but when you watch it makes you laugh and you enjoy it.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
the Nostalgia Critic reviews most best, worst movies of the 90's... most of what on your list has already been reviewed.

NC also said that.. haha.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Black Dynamite
[YOUTUBE]6-wqmnJrOFM[/Youtube]

If you watch this movie, there is a mandarin speaking scene.
The accuracy of the speech is really good and it really makes it even more funny. Lol... Not suitable for kids though.

Kung Pow
[YOUTUBE]8X3yzuPwWas[/Youtube]

Do I need more comments with this movie?

Lambda_drive

Reaction score
I loved Kung Pow! I really wish they would make a sequel. They kind of hinted about a sequel at the end of kung Pow, but that might have just been a joke.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Hmmm... Besides comedy, here are some gore. They fit the title of this thread.

Evil Dead 1,2,3
[youtube]ydlV47qf_PY[/youtube]

Grindhouse: Planet Terror
[youtube]G0AaVUs3-Pw[/youtube]

Ichi the Killer
[youtube]haiSf60UsPQ[/youtube]

Machine Girl
[youtube]1A0nv5wtVbE[/youtube]

Tokyo Gore Police
[youtube]nFKP9lB_F7s[/youtube]

Carver
[youtube]kMilpd7y6As[/youtube]

Some may not be suitable for kids.
Some are hilariously ridiculous.
Some are ridiculously hilarious.
Some are just... plain pain.

I'm a gore enthusiast. :p
I'm a fan of the Saw series. Damn.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
The modern remake of Miami Vice was one of the worst movies I've seen. I don't know why I hated it so much, but it was boring as hell and the writing was crazy stupid, if I remember correctly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.