Beta to end Monday, July 19

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Blizzard Poster said:
We would like to thank everyone who has participated in the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta test. You've done an admirable job of testing, and we greatly appreciate all of the feedback you provided during this critical phase of development. It's been a lot of fun; however, all good things must come to an end.

In preparation for the launch of the game on Tuesday, July 27, the beta servers will be brought offline by Monday, July 19. At that time, all beta accounts and character information will be reset and the ability to create forum posts and comments on the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty website (http://beta-us.battle.net/sc2/en/) will be unavailable until launch. In the meantime, we still encourage everyone to stay tuned to the website for exciting news and updates regarding the upcoming release.

Thank you again for your participation, and we'll see you soon on Battle.net!

Source

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Celerisk, it isn't that hard when you find out what a neusance they are. :p

They're only cute until they destroy your garden.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Does that mean the beta maps I have created won't be acceptable in the final release of SC2? :confused:

No, it's very much like the Warcraft 3 world editor, it just means some stats might be changed from units or something and accordingly will change your maps stats as well. Worst comes to worst, you will just need to remake your map. Highly unlikely though.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
So that means:

I can keep my beta and continue making maps, while don't have to worry about buying the retailed version of SC2.

:) Loved being a beta tester.

Arkless

Reaction score
So that means:

I can keep my beta and continue making maps, while don't have to worry about buying the retailed version of SC2.

:) Loved being a beta tester.

There will probably come changes in the editor with some patches wich add features and fix bugs etc.. You wont have them. And what I think is way worse, you wont be able to test your maps in a multiplayer game.

edit: fixed my horrible sentences, I got no idea how I could fuck up three simple sentences so much (well... at least you can understand em now after reading once :p)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
...Yeah, a double edged sword. Guess there's no such thing as a free lunch. Uninstalling the beta. :( R.I.P, SC2 Beta.

punwisp

Reaction score
Not sure about you guys, but even though its over, I can still use the editor, and since it has all AI difficulties, I can always go against the PC in custom made maps.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score

Yeah, I canceled my pre-order after I read it.

I was going to play on the NA realm, but this cd-key region locking that they're pulling off is a big joke.
And I'm not going to buy it digitally and give them real information about me.

Meh, I don't have time until mid-August anyway, I'll wait and see what happens. Maybe I'll be joining the pirates just for the campaign and stay out of BN entirely until the region lock is lifted.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
The region lock will be removed very shortly after release, seriously why does it matter anyway? It's not like you'll be playing your friends from overseas straight away anyway.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
If you mean "anything between 1 month and 10 years" with "shortly" then you are correct.
Don't be so naive, if it was something they could/want to do quickly they would have made it long ago.

It's not like you'll be playing your friends from overseas straight away anyway.
The campaign takes like a week (if you take it slow). And then?

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Cross-server play is apparently a bitch for Blizzard to do, so they're not able to do it quickly. It will likely be something that they'll focus on after a few months of the game's release, so it would be completed sometime between the initial release and the release of the first expansion (most likely in the latter half of that timeframe).

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
How is it difficult if it's been the way things have been on all their RTS games in the past? :nuts:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.