Bnet Players = Pricks?

Pricks or Not?

• Total voters

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Nop.. I definitly think they r talking about the map WoW in RoC...

If thats what U meant Conan.. then... :eek:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The ORIGINAL WoW map idea was made for RoC, is what I meant. It sucked, had horrible gameplay, but I respect it alot because it's the base for WoWR...

I have no idea where you can even find it anymore, since it's such an old and not so well made game.

S

ShaiTan-Enk

Actually... Krakka's right :p
I was talking about the map WoW in RoC, and I believe NewAtThis was too.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Which is what I was talking about :p

There is a RoC version of a WoW map, that was the original. Sucked.

Then there's WoW Reborn, which is actually a REMAKE of someone ELSE'S TFT WoW map. Sucks even worse since patch like 1.14 or something.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Bnet Players = Pricks?
what is that supposed to mean. you cant classify everyone who EVER playes on bnet with pricks or not. i voted not. not all of them are pricks. sure some of them are...most of them are...but w/e

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ack, damn my lack of explaination :D

I meant the kinds of players I describe in post 1.

Next time, READ before you ASSUME.

You know what they say about assuming, right?

It makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Get it? :)

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
ok, sry bout that alex...i just read the poll, not the post. yeah, those guys...there are a lot of em on bnet. and they're more than pricks.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The thing that bugged me is, even I get a little angry. I'm the kind of guy who will die and go:

DAMN IT! DAMN DAMN DAMN! for about 3 minutes :D Then the adrenaline rush will die off and I'll be like "Ok... Here we go again! :D"

But these guys refused to have fun! IT'S A GAME! Goddess, they acted like I murdered their grandmother :p It's not like they didn't come back, and they WERE beating me...

Bah :) They are a disgrace to humanity and should be whacked :D

Sick? Yes. Cold hearted? Yes.

Funny? HELL YES!

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
i say we capture all them, force them to read this ,then eat thier spleens!(for i have experinced the full force power of morons in groups my self) But hey you guys them such a bad rap, you've got bilions of people on the internet, and lots on WC3 your gonna find a few A-- holes.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Once again, I say this;

Blizzard was a genius with WC3.

For most RTS games, they give you some campaigns to help you learn the basics, some online stuff to attract more people, and a generic, lacking editor that nobody bothers with. Thus, you get a cult-like following of devoted melee players, but these players are usually overly brash and immature.

For WC? Nooooo ...

They created a highly advanced level editor and designer that was almost undifferentiated from the one the Bliz. level designers used.

It was powerful enough to create games entirely unrelated to WC at all, and thus, Blizzard created ANOTHER fanatical cult of players (us).

Most RTS's strive to create ONE cult, and quite a few fail --- I never played Star Wars Battlegrounds beyond the campaigns, a few boring melee games, and a couple tries of tinkering with their pathetic editor (the gameplay was all the same, the only differences between all 6 races were a few upgrades, the unit models, and a SINGLE CUSTOM UNIT FOR EACH RACE :mad: ! The rest of the units were all based off of the same one, with the only difference being the model files and whatnot). Same with Age of Mythology - it was actually very fun, with pretty cool gameplay, moderately good graphics and terrain, and an educating plot :D; you could click on units and see their history and stuff, lol! :) However, although the campaigns had a few cool things, like a bird picking up a guy and flying him away using the actual units and gameplay in an ending cinematic, it was too tailored to the campaigns for me to really do much with it. (and wc2, although that was pretty good for those days' standards). Due to the powerful properties of the WC3 editor, a new following soon sprouted: The mapmakers. From this, a set of custom game players also emerged as the lower rung of wc3 society. People never really stopped coming up with new content; you could literally create almost infinite amounts of games with time and skill. Most simply grew bored and left, to leave the custom gamers gnawing at the good games and turning them into fake copies and imitations (hence, all the DotA rip-offs, TD rip-offs from Northrend Maul or whatever it was, etc.). Still, people like us at TH, OM, and wc3campaigns are left standing after the initial flood of bnet users who tinker with the WE and find it useless to them.

In all, WC3 totally redefined the RTS industry (a shrinking industry, from what I have analyzed) by creating at least 3 types of users: map makers, battlenet ladder players, and battlenet commoners and custom gamers. Usually, only the last type applies to this industry, and occasionally, with good balance and systems, the second type. Blizzard will always be my favorite computer game industry because of this, their foresight and skill in creating all that I have just monolouged on about =P

And on top of that, Warcraft is just damn fun :)

WE are in the top pantheleon of the wc3 society --- we are sort of the elite of warcarft 3, as how many ladder players and commoners pursue warcraft outside of Bnet? Some will check up on sites of their favorite games, but still ...

Just thought I would inform you with my Remarkable Insight (TM) :D

DM Cross

Reaction score

*Sniffs, wiping a tear from his eye* :(

That was beautiful, man! :(

:)

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
And the moral of this story is:

Blizzard should make SC2.

Entirely unrelated ( :p :eek: ), but they better, or I will be sad. :( :D

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Blizzard is making SC2. But it's impossible for it to be out even t 2007.

SF ~

The campaigns, and maps, and units in the bonus maps are ALL made with the World Editor.

You would be surprised at how primal and enefficient WE is; Tons of other editors have a MUCH bigger variety of things, allowing you to completely turn the game upside down.

Hell, look at UT2004 and Red Orchestra. COMPLETELY different but with only one fact that keeps them the same; both of them are FPS's.

With WE? The best thing we have that's near a total conversion is TToR (http://race.wc3campaigns.com/) It's the closest thing wqe have, with brand new models and engines, but it's nowhere near th complexity of RO.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Well, it's good that they're making it, but I'm too impatient to wait until 2007...

Anyway, just because there are better editor doesn't by any means make this one inefficient. Personally, I think this is a pretty good editor. You can do pretty much anything if you know how, though it sometimes requires tons of work.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
My poiint was is that WE isn't efficient at all; It's not efficient but it's not inefficient.

I keep hearing people, even Vexorian saying it's a waste to mod WC3, but the whole point of the damn thing is to HAVE FUN. WE is about having fun, not working.

DM Cross

Reaction score
This coming from someone who spent 9 months to do that damned work on his map?

:rolleyes:

I don't think it's that big a deal to argue over, really...

Maybe I'm just crazy :p Due to the lack of sleep because A BLOODY SMOKE DETECTOR WOKE ME UP AT 6:30 IN THE MORNING?!

Maybe... -.-

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
I bet you 20 bucks that next time it goes off you manully destroy it, and then the next night there really IS a fire :D

Conan ~Ya, although WE is much better than compared to the other editors I have seen.

You can turn WC3 into an FPS, but can you turn an FPS into a RTS?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Shadowy Fear said:
I bet you 20 bucks that next time it goes off you manully destroy it, and then the next night there really IS a fire :D

You should see my room. Everytime one of my clocks, or radios, or cd players break, I dismantle it :D So much fun.

I actually managed to get a car radio to work with my regular radio once...

Though, that didn't end well... :D

Nevermind :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.