Health Brain implant could allow paralysed to turn their thoughts into instant speech

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A revolutionary new device that reads a person's thoughts and turns them into speech could soon change the lives of paralysed patients around the world.

The Neuralynx System is being developed by a team of scientists led by Professor Frank Guenther at Boston University.

Users will simply have to think of what they want to say and a voice synthesizer will translate the thoughts into speech almost immediately.

Last edited:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Holy crud, that would be a good thing for those people, but think about the damage it could do if it was implanted in the wrong heads(mine for example):eek:
I would be slapped in the face even more than I am now a days:cool:

Seriously though, this is really great news^^ It would be really good for anyone that can't speak:thup:

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Option 1: Stay silent and helpless.
Option 2: Express your deepest thoughts and desires to the world.

I'd say the choice is clear.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
If machines can read minds, maybe soon they'll develop radio implants that let YOU read minds!

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
A revolutionary new device that reads a person's thoughts and turns them into speech could soon change the lives of paralysed patients around the world.

The Neuralynx System is being developed by a team of scientists led by Professor Frank Guenther at Boston University.

Users will simply have to think of what they want to say and a voice synthesizer will translate the thoughts into speech almost immediately.

Read the news here.

Soon we will be able to control robot bodies.

I see an awesome world war in our future.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
This would help people like Stephen Hawking be able to communicate to others much easier. I would also like to add that not only paralysed people will benefit from this but also mutes etc.

:)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, better they find a way to wake up peoples paralyzed bodys instead in first place.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Good luck fixing the spinal cord. I just took my lifeguard course about a month ago. Learned that if you cut the nerves in your spine, you're not getting them back :(.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
If they can mess up the brain with Implants, I think they could do a nerve to the spine :rolleyes:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lots of spam in this thread, someone actually reported it to me.
Let's try to keep this on-topic, please.

Sickle

Reaction score
I wonder what happens if you put the implant into a cockroach.

Maybe we will hear about their plans for world domination? Or at least the domination of the box of cereal in my cupboard?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I wonder what happens if you put the implant into a cockroach.

Maybe we will hear about their plans for world domination? Or at least the domination of the box of cereal in my cupboard?

We could communicate with cockroaches!
They would probably be planning "We nuke the ceral box tonight!"

I guess the downside to this plan is the majority of people dont want people to hear their rude/mindless/selfish thoughts, and it could cause a problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.