Building Rotation

obucke

Reaction score
As said ... is there a way to rotate a building in the editor ... i know about [Ctrl]+ click but that doesnt work for buildings...

B

benj_war3

It isn't possible, you need to Enable the Unit- Is a building. This means that the Building should be turned into a unit.

B

benj_war3

You can use the make unit face angle function, but it won't happen until the game starts.

It's not working... This is the trigger:

Code:
Events
    Map initialization
Actions
    Unit - Make Barracks 0000 <gen> face (Center of Region 000 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
is there a way to rotate a building in the editor
Not in the editor, unless Stats - Is a Building is disabled. There's a way in-game, here's how.

There is a simpler way to rotate (or in this case, creating a building w/ a different facing angle) buildings. The value of facing angle is highlighted in blue.

Example:
Code:
Set BuildingLoc = (Center of (Building Area <gen>))
Unit - Create 1 Barracks for Player 1 (Red) in BuildingLoc facing [B][COLOR="Blue"]125.00 [/COLOR][/B]degrees
call RemoveLocation(udg_BuildingLoc)

I think this is the only way to make a different face angle for a building, it's demonstrated in one of my maps.

You may use any event of your liking.

obucke

Reaction score
K i turned off the Is a building and it works the way i want it to :)Now ... what r the negative sides of what ive done... ?

B

benj_war3

You didn't do anything negative. One way is the Unit-Is a building only and double-click on the unit and change the angle facing degrees thing. :D

obucke

Reaction score
Hehe no u dont understand what i mean :) is the fact that a building "is not a building" technically anymore ...

B

benj_war3

Oh.. :D, the building might look funny because you saw that building a million times already before and you changed its position. Weird

joaoac

Reaction score
Do you want to rotate only one building?
That barracks?

Cos if you want to rotate all buildings in a same position, only need to change the game Constants.
Pretty easy.

foodflare

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
you could just change movement type to hover, set speed maximum and speed base to 26, speed minimum to 25, and turn rate to 3
then u can change that building's facing angle all you want ingame

Edit: adding an example(dont whine about leaks)

Attachments

• Spinning Buildings.w3x
    12.5 KB · Views: 314

joaoac

Reaction score
you could just change movement type to hover, set speed maximum and speed base to 26, speed minimum to 25, and turn rate to 3
then u can change that building's facing angle all you want ingame

dude, this must be cool!!!
I ll try it.

E

ekl

Uncheck is a buidling stat, rotate, make pathing map, recheck, apply building path, uncheck apply same degrees, recheck is a building..

now u got it rotated before in the editor with working pathing map.

Arre

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It is possible. In the gameplay constants can you find
Building default face!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.