Buying RAM, Need Opinions.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I've been looking around New Egg, and found this card, but I'm not entirely sure if it's better than what I have.
All I know about what I have now is that it's DDR2, it's clocked at 333MHz (300MHz actual, according to CPU-Z), and is in the amount of 1GB.

Could anyone tell me if this is better than what I have now (note: I plan on buying two sticks, for a total of 2GB), or if I should just wait to get some better RAM?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I personally like Corsairs products, so that's a good choice.

However, buying RAM isn't easy if you don't know a thing or two about hardware. (The RAM has to suit your Motherboard, etc.)

The easiest thing for you is to tell us what Motherboard you have.
You can find out by downloading EVEREST and checking:

http://download.cnet.com/Everest-Ultimate-Edition/3000-2086_4-10499291.html

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Ram is cheap. You're mobo likely supports only DDR2. Don't take that one, Take a DDR2 @800mhz. That site looks a tad bit expensive, dunno, i think you can find cheaper ram so look around. I recommend Corsair or Kingston as the manufacturer (if you want quality) ^^

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you should be fine with any (desktop) DDR2 ram, if it's faster then what your board supports it will just run slower, same for if it has a higher capacity - so look at those and don't aim to go over, but if it's cheaper to go over (it may be for older components), don't worry about it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.