Challenges

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the challenges yet? More specifically, getting gold in all of them?

Psionic Assault was hardest of all of them for me. Now I have a nice looking spectre portrait, though!

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
At least for the basics, it's possible to do better than just gold. You can do flawless, no units lost:

[youtube]bTRyWoMeADc[/youtube]

It's also not all that difficult, he doesn't even know what most units are called :p

The "kill 5000 units in 20 seconds" challenges are not that easy really.
I have yet to pass the Zerg one, and I am Zerg :(

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Of course it is, especially for the beginning ones. But why would you want to?

For a little noob like me, though, I don't think I could do them without losing a unit anyways. :p

I think these would be fun as a multi-player map. See who can get the best score the fastest. :)

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Once you figure out how to do it, most of them are pretty easy, just the rush to build 30 marines/8tanks/10ghosts that have me scratching my head.. Always 15 seconds off from building my last ghost..

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
What you have to do is expo quickly and get 4 barracks. One to block (and initial marines), 1 with a reactor and 2 with tech labs. 1 Factory with tech lab is enough. You want to be constantly pumping units. Every building has to be constantly building units. One SCV has to be almost constantly building supply depots. And basically, that's it. Be careful of the mutalisks early on. You may lose one or two marines.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For Zerg covert mission, just use your roaches as decoys and your infestors to take control of the siege tanks and collossi, then just use these units to push forward to the main base and wipe out the scv's. Most of the challenges are pretty easy to get bronze in, it takes a bit of practise and experimentation to get silver and gold though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.