Arena Champions of the Island

Okunevic

Reaction score
Hey , I am Okunevic and I would like you to present my project , called Champions of the Island (previous name was Never Ending Agony , but it didn't fit in with the terrain very well)

News:Now we have a forum , www.championsoftheisland.ipbfree.com

Storyline:Legend has it that in the middle of Azeroth, there is an island where only the most powerful dare to venture upon. This was a mere folk tale until the greatest champions of each race received a challenge scroll from the "Guardian" called Slannesh. Each champion took on the challenge and ventured onto the island. That is where legendary champions will clash. (credits to zack1996)

Features:
Heroes : 18 unique , different and balanced heroes , providing fair gameplay for every single player ; (I'll spend long time to find the perfect balance)

Unique skill system : each hero will have 4 skills , upgradeable at level 1 . Each of these skills will have 10 levels , but maximum hero level will be 20 (or 25 , not 100% sure now) so players will have to actually think , what kind of ability builds should they make , and every skill in every level will count ;

Bounty system : Player's won't get any gold for killing units , they will get gold per each successful strike/spell that they will cast , more powerful the spells will be , more gold will be achieved . Also for killing mythical creatures and enemy heroes , players will be awarded with Runes , for which they will be able to achieve great and powerful weapons , armors and other items .

Experience system : Player heroes won't get experience for killing their enemies , instead , you will have to exchange your gold for experience (10 gold=1 exp) . This will make sure players stay active all the time (since easiest way of gaining gold will be spellcasting) ;

Boss fight system : Each time a certain boss's (A.K.A. Mythical Beast's) event starts , entrance to his lair will open . When player enters the lair , it closes , leaving the hero in 1v1 fight against the boss . Bosses will be able to cast spells , and also they will have special events (not going to reveal any of them in this description). Also if boss's attacker dies , boss fully restores it's
HP , MP and all ability cooldowns , along with all special abilities , thus making sure there won't be any Last Hitting and Kill Stealing . Also bosses will drop good and useful items ;

The Last Fight : There will be 4 obelisks in the map , Obelisk of Fire , Obelisk of Frost , Obelisk of Nature and Obelisk of Life . To activate each obelisk , you need to donate 50 000 gold to each one . (The amount donated won't be individual , so for example : player 1 donates 10k gold and player 2 donates 15k gold , so the total amount of gold donated will be 25k gold) . Once all obelisks are activated , Slannesh will appear . He won't move but he'll have high endurance , damage , range and of course , wide assortment of various spells (which will become stronger in time , so don't leave him be once you summon him) ;

People I am looking for :
GUI or JASS spellmaker (I sometimes run out of ideas)
Modeler (I badly need few models)
Tooltip writers (I need someone who can write detailed tooltips in proper , fluent english (I make some grammar mistakes or typo's sometimes)
Icon maker (the map surely could use some unique icons)
Testers/Bug Finders
Idea/Suggestion givers
Someone who can make a website for the map (we will be popular) ;]

For Pandaria !!!!
screen4-1.jpg

Scary , isn't he ?
screen3-1.jpg

Slannesh himself (better not to mess with this guy)
slannesh.jpg

Shadomancers are able to hit enemy souls directly (ouch , that's gotta hurt)
screen1-1.jpg

Who said that flowers are useless ?
screen2-1.jpg

For the Light !!!
screen01.jpg

Taste my Arrows !!
screen02.jpg

Say hello to my imps !!!
screen03.jpg

PS.:Special thanks to Redscores for the terrain

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, the spells look pretty cool! :thup:

But I see that you could fix with the names, icon-placement, etc. Like the panda still had the Paladin name Buzan the Fearless. :D Good luck! :)

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
For Pandaria, that caught my eye. Great work here, keep it up, can't wait. :D

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I guess I could provide some ability/hero suggestions, just give me a template on how to suggest them cos I remembered you said there was no ultimate in you map on the Hive or something, just wanted to clarify :D

Okunevic

Reaction score
Yeah there are no ultimate abilities in the map . Each player has 4 abilities which 10 have levels , and the maximum hero level is 20 (still not sure , 20-25)
So players will have to decide and what to skip to make perfect ability builds

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
since they have no ultimate abilities maybe you could make the specific level of certain abilities affect the strength of others.

Eg. If a damage enhancing aura type ability is at level 3 then a charge type ability of the same unit will do a bonus 20x(level damage)... making the unit do an extra 60 dmg.

Okunevic

Reaction score
since they have no ultimate abilities maybe you could make the specific level of certain abilities affect the strength of others.

Eg. If a damage enhancing aura type ability is at level 3 then a charge type ability of the same unit will do a bonus 20x(level damage)... making the unit do an extra 60 dmg.

I was thinking about doing that for few heroes , just was unsure if this is a good idea or not ;]

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Its a great idea! Since heroes cannot learn all the abilities to the maximum level, more synergy for the heroes would be really great!
Maybe when a hero completes a quest or requirement, that hero will get a class speciality. Lets say the Druken Fighter, maybe when he reaches level 25 or completes some quest, he will gain a skill called "Drunken Fist", which allows the Drunken Fighter to dodge attacks and if he has one of his Stat Ale skills active, he will return the attack after the dodge.
Thats just an idea I guess, it should be a weak skill but allows some synergy.

Okunevic

Reaction score
Its a great idea! Since heroes cannot learn all the abilities to the maximum level, more synergy for the heroes would be really great!
Maybe when a hero completes a quest or requirement, that hero will get a class speciality. Lets say the Druken Fighter, maybe when he reaches level 25 or completes some quest, he will gain a skill called "Drunken Fist", which allows the Drunken Fighter to dodge attacks and if he has one of his Stat Ale skills active, he will return the attack after the dodge.
Thats just an idea I guess, it should be a weak skill but allows some synergy.

hmm , the idea is nice , but there has to be a way to make it ''fit in'' ;]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.