Sci/Tech Chevy hopes an estimated 230 mpg will give its Volt a charge

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
General Motors said yesterday its Chevrolet Volt electric car could get 230 mpg in city driving, which would make it the first American vehicle to achieve triple-digit fuel economy.

That's four times more than the popular Toyota Prius hybrid, the most efficient car now sold in the United States.

But when the Volt hits showrooms late next year, its efficiency will come with a steep sticker price: $40,000.

Most automakers are working similar plug-in designs, but GM could be the leader with the Volt, which was originally introduced at the 2007 Detroit auto show and is due in showrooms late in 2010.

Read More Here

Vaius

Reaction score
You know, I never knew you could measure electricity in gallons.

Shouldn't it be "Miles per Charge" or, if you wish to stay with the MPG thing, "Miles per Gigawatt?"

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Okay, you might want to edit that title a bit, at first sight I thought that it was about a chevy who got recharged with video files:eek:

"Chevy hopes an estimated 230 mpg will give its Volt a charge"

If you add an S and write out the full word for volt:
"Chevy hopes an estimated 230 mpgs will give it's Voltage a charge":p

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
you know its going to be a good car. its in transformers xD.

But, honestly, i really do doubt we cant jump that high. Changes dont happen just like that its going to be a gradual increase in MPG whether its by gallon or gigawatts

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.