Code tags in quick reply and jass tags in edit post

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i suggest on putting code tags on quick reply, because most of the time, people posts GUIs and to save time or just have slow internet, they use quick reply

also for edit post...in quick reply theres the jass tags, but when u edit the post, jass tags, youtube tags, and spoiler tags are removed

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
you know, I don't know for what reason they are not inputted, but, hey, is it so hard to type [CODE*][*/CODE] ?
(stars are made for the code to be seen)

As for the edit post, have you ever clicked 'Go Advanced' ? :p

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I have never used the Quick Reply.
I would that that if you want to post code, you would use the regular reply method. But that's just me. :p

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Nope never used a quick reply but typing in isn't that hard
I don't think we need a button on there for it but now that i feel the need to use a quick reply i will....

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
And then there's the fact that Quick Reply is supposed to be "quick".
That would tend to rule out having 3,000 buttons available for you to push.
If you want buttons, go for the typical Reply.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Also on Edit Posts would be handy.

I think I'd go for that before the Quick Replies. Not to say that the Quick Reply idea is bad or anything, it's just that, to me, it doesn't seem as important.
Editing is something that I would think comes up more often.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes the edit does need some more of the icons ^^
That will save you time going to an Advance Edit
But i memorize the tags by now :p

Edit
Code:
Used with Non-Advance Edit

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> That will save you time going to an Advance Edit

Hey, don't forget, the new server did a lot of that, too. It doesn't take as long to "Go Advanced" anymore.

> But i memorize the tags by now

Yeah, they aren't that difficult, are they? :p

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Really, after a while you learn them automatically, I don't use the button at all and I always reply with the Quick-Reply :).

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
I have a weird impression...I remember that 2-3 years ago, when I had last seen the site there was no quick reply...

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i always use quick reply and not advanc edit or so
i know how to put code tags...but for the reason that i have slow connection, it will take time to load the buttons and the message board, thats why i used quick reply

just like now, im using quick reply

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Speaking of tags, the Spoiler Tag also doesn't hide text when you put your cursor over the list of posts.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Speaking of tags, the Spoiler Tag also doesn't hide text when you put your cursor over the list of posts.

I don't exactly understand what you're meaning. You want to hide the content of the spoiler tag when you move your mouse over it?

If so, how am I supposed to select and copy some text in that case?

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I don't exactly understand what you're meaning. You want to hide the content of the spoiler tag when you move your mouse over it?

If so, how am I supposed to select and copy some text in that case?

He's talking about the forum display... when you hover on a thread, it shows a bit of the text from the first post. The Spoiler tag doesn't hides text in that.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
He's talking about the forum display... when you hover on a thread, it shows a bit of the text from the first post. The Spoiler tag doesn't hides text in that.

Just to throw my opinion in the matter of the SPOILER tags showing the text when mousing-over the thread, I would say that it should be hidden. Kinda defeats the purpose in a way.

As for the Quick Reply, meh. It's supposed to be quick. :p

Have a nice day all. :)

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score

Never seen that, Firefox merely shows a few words, so it seems to be heavily MSIE-biased. I can live happily without it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.