come join map makeing clan

L

Lord_Mithos

come join map makeing clan you will get credits for all projects and i will not allow noobs they can come for a week but if they are not up to the standerds they will get booted and shamen spots are open for a good terainer,Trigerer,and unit editor you will get promotens based on amount of work done be on us west at 12:00 pacific time if interested post account name and add gaaraofthedeser to your friends list.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Maybe I'll join...PM me of more info :)

still I believe that this way of inviting is quite strange...

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
in my experience map making clans have it the toughest outta all clans, because most map makers are in the editor more then they are online, so its fairly inactive, people rarely get on to recruit, and its a struggle to keep afloat, but if you manage to get one up and going and get over 30 members, ill sniff around and see how things are goin :p

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
in my experience map making clans have it the toughest outta all clans, because most map makers are in the editor more then they are online, so its fairly inactive, people rarely get on to recruit, and its a struggle to keep afloat, but if you manage to get one up and going and get over 30 members, ill sniff around and see how things are goin :p
lol.
Over 30 members this way is gonna be fast...but not all will be worthy :p

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
If you want people to join you should have a better way of advertising than that.

Also yeah, mapping clans is tough starting up if you want only modders and no fillings of random bnet people. Took CBS about 2 months before it got a proper amount of active people, though that is ages ago, now were on about 70 members currently, though I'm about to do a pruning of members sometime soon (kicking inactive/double clan people/other).

Btw good luck with the new clan.

A

Atreides

wouldnt a map making clan also need some non-mapmakers to help with map testing?

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Atreides said:
wouldnt a map making clan also need some non-mapmakers to help with map testing?

Why would it need that? The other mappers in the clan should be able to test and also most people have other friends beyond their clan to help them test aswell :)

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
TDG is obviously better, as they have been around longer, and their leaders are..like...25...

MmU is not just for pro mappers, nor just for mappers, but if you do not map, you will not be any greater then a peon.

Knights :cool:

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Knights said:
TDG is obviously better, as they have been around longer, and their leaders are..like...25...

MmU is not just for pro mappers, nor just for mappers, but if you do not map, you will not be any greater then a peon.

Exactly :)

I werent dissing MmU btw, just stating that TDG was bigger and made some better stuff, just so you don't misunderstand me ;)

Sad to hear that MmU takes in non-modders though, how come you do that?

Knights

Reaction score
We don't usually, but there are some exceptions.

What I meant by non-mapper was...well...not familiar with the world editor. Like a learner. So, a person eager to be a map-maker, but has not yet made or completed a map.

These people can feel free to post on our website to learn more about the editor, and slowly may advance into grunt, when they get better.

That is how it works,

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Knights said:
We don't usually, but there are some exceptions.

What I meant by non-mapper was...well...not familiar with the world editor. Like a learner. So, a person eager to be a map-maker, but has not yet made or completed a map.

These people can feel free to post on our website to learn more about the editor, and slowly may advance into grunt, when they get better.

That is how it works,

Ahh okay, I thought you meant normal BNet people, okay then :)

Btw what is your website address? I would like to lurk around ;)

Knights

Reaction score
It's not very active..I've been busy lately, so not much recruiting has been done, and a lot of the members don't check into the site.

www.evervoid.com

;)

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Knights said:
It's not very active..I've been busy lately, so not much recruiting has been done, and a lot of the members don't check into the site.

www.evervoid.com

;)

Odd, it says the site cannot be found and when I look at your profile on battlenet it also does not mention anything about any clan MmU anylonger.

EDIT: The site got found now, it just rarely responds and says it does not exist. Have to refresh 6-7 times to call forth a page...

Knights

Reaction score
Lunarios I beleive sabatouged the clan.

He kicked all the active members so BNet thought it was an inactive clan, therefore removed it.

I beleive his reason to do so, was because he felt he did not get enough credit on a map.

He is a child, and I will try to recreate my clan...

Knights :(

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Knights said:

He kicked all the active members so BNet thought it was an inactive clan, therefore removed it.

I beleive his reason to do so, was because he felt he did not get enough credit on a map.

Wauw... That sucks. Good luck with recreating the clan, if you need any help starting it up again then whisper me on East, I'll probably be on alot this week as I have the whole week off from school ;)

EDIT: 666 Posts, yeah! :cool: I should stop posting now :p

Tonks

Reaction score
Knights said:

That sucks a lot. My friend, Deathacus, had a clan for World War 3 and one of his shamans screwed it up, as well. There was really no reason for it, they just felt like quitting. The clan had about 70 active members and was about to start a branch, but the shaman had told everyone that Death was disbanding the clan, so he was only able to get about 10 of them back :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.