[Contest] Holy Spells Contest!

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
well it is the 8th in new zealand.. but should i wait until its 8th in america ors tuff.. and go ahead and start grading? :p

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Its doesn't matter if its the 8th in New Zealand or US.

Since you did not specify the ending time, I believe anything before 2359 of the 8th on whichever time zone would be considered :D Since the more the merrier... am I not right :D

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Yes, ~GaLs~, I was referring to you.

And emjlr3, I didn't upload it here because TheHelper has that dumb 300 kb maximum upload space thing; wc3c does not.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Why not you find for some more judge in early?
Such as pyrogasm...

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
here is my spell

it has bugs...can you find them?

I don't expect you to grade, however you can if you want

it's just here in case anyone wants to see, or play with

gewgew.jpg

Meowier

Reaction score
MUI is Multi-User-Instance.

Think of it like this, if you had two priest units that had a custom spell called "Heal", if the code was not MUI, if they cast it at the same time, the spells would overlap and go all weird. If it was MUI, the spells would work perfectly fine if used at the same time.

There are only two ways I know of to make an ability MUI, Jass or coding with absolutely no waits in it.

Answer your question?

There is also PUI, Player User Instance. They are easier to do, you just need an array on variables to do them. A PUI ability is one where 12 players have the same one unit and use their ability at the same time, and they do not overlap.

Spells on DotA would be done as PUI, since if you do the "Same Hero" mode you can cast spells at the same time and they are fine. However there would be no need for the spells to be MUI, as there is never a case where a player has two units casting the same custom ability.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
MUI is Multi-User-Instance.

Think of it like this, if you had two priest units that had a custom spell called "Heal", if the code was not MUI, if they cast it at the same time, the spells would overlap and go all weird. If it was MUI, the spells would work perfectly fine if used at the same time.

There are only two ways I know of to make an ability MUI, Jass or coding with absolutely no waits in it.

Answer your question?

There is also PUI, Player User Instance. They are easier to do, you just need an array on variables to do them. A PUI ability is one where 12 players have the same one unit and use their ability at the same time, and they do not overlap.

Spells on DotA would be done as PUI, since if you do the "Same Hero" mode you can cast spells at the same time and they are fine. However there would be no need for the spells to be MUI, as there is never a case where a player has two units casting the same custom ability.

Thier spells have to be MUI because it would screw the spells up in -wtf mode.

Anyways, whens the results :D?

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>Thier spells have to be MUI because it would screw the spells up in -wtf mode.
Not every aos map or any map has -wtf features like DoTA..

>>There is also PUI, Player User Instance
Nonsence...

MPI = Multi Player Instance not PUI

Pigger

Reaction score
>>Thier spells have to be MUI because it would screw the spells up in -wtf mode.
Not every aos map or any map has -wtf features like DoTA..

>>There is also PUI, Player User Instance
Nonsence...

MPI = Multi Player Instance not PUI

I think he was just talking about DotA, because the other guy was using DotA as an example for MPI.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>I think he was just talking about DotA, because the other guy was using DotA as an example for MPI.

anyway..i haven't anything about PUI before...all i know is MPI which is Multi Player Instance

Is there really something name PUI?..yeah in chinese...it is an insulting to other people when it is said

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Makes some sense.... :D
So MUI is when lots o units can use spell at the same time. Seems sensible, altough the MPI seems quite a lot easier (just using arrays), il try that out next time i hack away at the World Editor:p. (Im prob gonna learn how to plug leaks by then also:rolleyes:)

speaking of nothing - ~GaLs~ is your avatar from that manga xxxholic? or is it nelly furtardo? (looks a lot like nelly furtardo to me :O)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MUI = Multi-unit instanceable
MPI = Multi-player instanceable

> And emjlr3, I didn't upload it here because TheHelper has that dumb 300 kb maximum upload space thing; wc3c does not.

Good to know. Now, stay on topic.

Squll, you need another judge. Find yourself someone. You had plenty of time to do so.

Meowier

Reaction score
PUI and MPI are the same thing, but people have told me it's PUI, so i'll go with that.

And I was just using DotA as an example, because its a game most people have played. I forgot about -wtf mode.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>speaking of nothing - ~GaLs~ is your avatar from that manga xxxholic? or is it nelly furtardo? (looks a lot like nelly furtardo to me :O)
From tsubasa chronicle anime

>>because its a game most people have played
False...i hate dota

>>but people have told me it's PUI
Who would had told you?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.