• CallingOfTheGoddes.JPG
    CallingOfTheGoddes.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Calling of the Frost Goddes.w3x
    28.3 KB · Views: 301

garet10

Reaction score
I am done

This is the basic's. Just a few changes and edits. When you check this out just have the hero cast the Blizzard Spell. My first contest. Hope i get in top 50, dead last 50. I am using WEU Enhancer. Tell me what you think. and rate my exp, from a 1-5. Thanks. I am still in the basics for map making.

Attachments

• Neil's Spell Contest Map #1.w3x
    22.1 KB · Views: 283

turok255

Reaction score
Alright, My original idea wasn't working so well, My first idea was to have water fall from the sky and right before it hit the ground change to ice and then hit the ground and shatter dealing AoE damage. It would be one kick ass spell but I changed my mind.

My spell I went with though.
The Lich creates nova's of ice around himself dealing 100 damage to units, then channels mana into a circle around him causing 5 damage per second to all enemy units in the circle, Then one last time casts frost nova around himself again dealing one last 100 damage.

I did post any WIP's because spells don't really work till their done :rolleyes:

PS: You don't have to ask to test my map, Use it in your map for all I care just give me half a line of text that says spell made by me :D

EDIT:

I found a minor bug in my previous post :banghead:
but I fixed it, heres the real one!

I looked at your spell and... :eek: Thats some great eye candy, But im pretty sure it leaks, Unless I missed your custom skript, But still nice effects.

Attachments

• Frost Ring - by Turok255.w3x
    46.2 KB · Views: 287

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I'm in this contest :)
*Tomorrow's weather forecast, a heavy magical Hailstorm that stuns!

73jw93p.jpg
Hailstorm

Marks the target point with magic, causing a hailstorm to pour down within 1000 range of target point. Deals damage and stuns for 0.1 second to ground units that are hit by a hail. Each hail has 200 Area of Effect. |nLasts 20 seconds.

MUI : Yes
JASS/GUI : GUI
Lag : Fixed that, I've tried casting it 5 times in a row and no lag for me

Screenshot

6xvmlfn.jpg

7x1r0xs.jpg

Here's the map (yes, it is the same map used in the previous spell contest)
(I'm too lazy to make another map)
(but hey, the terrain doesn't matter, this is a spell contest)
EDIT1: Reduced lag at the cost of overall efficiency

Attachments

• (1)HailstormX.w3x
    62.8 KB · Views: 274

PiCkstix

Reaction score
I can join. Here's my spell:
(by PiCkstix)

Prison of Ice:

The Ice Troll hurls 8 balls of ice around him. If an enemy unit is hit by one of the bolts, it will be struck by a chain of frost. Deals damage and chains for up to 6 enemies.

87nz5g9.jpg

7yqg2ud.jpg

Attachments

• PiCkstix's Entry.w3x
    46.5 KB · Views: 302

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
Code: gui
Leakless: yeah, or atleast i think it is.
mui: nope. but it is possible for all players to use this skill on the same time as long as they only have one unit with it.

frozenvesseluc3.jpg

Attachments

• Grymlax's Christmas Spell Frozen Vessel.w3x
    58.6 KB · Views: 283

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
constant functions are just that, constant, they never change, however, if your returned real is dependant upon the level of the ability cast, it is not very constant now is it?
Misinformation. Constant functions do not have to return constant values; the only thing special about them is that they cannot call any non-constant function. (And some are inlined by Vexorian's optimizer.)

Oh yes, I'm back.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Are things like christmas trees allowed? Since not everyone celebrates Christmas.

>Offical Christmas Spell Contest

So things like hanukkah related allowed then?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
I want to be the judge.

>*If you would like to be the second judge, keep in mind that you will be unable to enter this contest, please pm me with why you want to and why you think you would be good for the position.

Saying it so Hulk doesn't have to ;)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Misinformation. Constant functions do not have to return constant values; the only thing special about them is that they cannot call any non-constant function. (And some are inlined by Vexorian's optimizer.)

Oh yes, I'm back.

did not know that

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
did not know that
Well now you do :D

Here's a vague idea I had for a spell:
Hypothermia
Chills all units in target area, reducing their attack and move speed. The longer units stay chilled the slower they will move and attack; if not cured quickly enough, units will become frozen solid indefinitely.

Units nearby affected units may succumb to the numbing cold and develop similar conditions.

Level 1 - Takes 15 seconds to fully freeze, low chance of affecting other units.
Level 2 - Takes 11 seconds to fully freeze, fair chance of affecting other units.
Level 3 - Takes 7 seconds to fully freeze, high chance of affecting other units.​

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Hypothermia
Chills all units in target area, reducing their attack and move speed. The longer units stay chilled the slower they will move and attack; if not cured quickly enough, units will become frozen solid indefinitely.

This is bad, I was thinking of a similar spell.... now i need to change it :(
Since my codes would be in GUI, and will lose out in terms of coding

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
Hmmmz... I personally don't care if you have a similar idea. What specifically were you thinking of doing?

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Well now you do :D

Here's a vague idea I had for a spell:
Hypothermia

Units nearby affected units may succumb to the numbing cold and develop similar conditions.

Level 1 - Takes 15 seconds to fully freeze, low chance of affecting other units.
Level 2 - Takes 11 seconds to fully freeze, fair chance of affecting other units.
Level 3 - Takes 7 seconds to fully freeze, high chance of affecting other units.​

??? Almost the same here...
My Skill is
Freezing Water
Splashes loads of water to units around, damaging the units and making the units wet. As time passed, the water will freeze and the units will become slower up until the ice is fully frozen. After some time, the ice will melt again, allowing the units to move again temporary until they reach their movement speed. Will this similarity matters? (I've made the spell, but searching 4 special effects)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.