[Contest] Speed Mapping

Reaction score
Me is in.. WHYYYYYYY?!!?!?

Why is all contests at the same time :(, I be in hurry then..

At least I try to..

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I know that ffs.

What I wanted to ask is why will you use PM to notify us.

Will you also post it on this thread so everybody can see what the contest is all about once it starts?

I PM to notify that the contest has started. I'll update the thread, also.

Esb, if there weren't 5 extra points for JASS I'd probably GUI it since GUI is kinda quicker >_>

Lol. (Did I just say 'lol'?)

:p

25 points for triggering and 20 for the gameplay? Isn't this more of a coding instead of a mapping contest? o.0

It's 20 points for each category, sounds fair. The 5 points are extra, and maybe, if people will still whine about it, I MIGHT add a few bonuses for using GUI...We'll see. Not likely, though. I hate whining.

Going to update the contestants list.

//Edit--->

Exact time for start/end of contest?

btw any system allowed?

Yes. Systems are allowed.

The deadline is so far in the future, because I thought this contest would lack contestants...I was wrong. 10 already.

Anyway, if there are 15 or more contestants by the 13th of July, I'll change the beginning of the contest to 18th. Then, it would finish 21st of July.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Why should GUI get extra points?! The result counts. If you do a bad map in GUI nobody will play it just because it's GUI.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
If you do a bad map in GUI nobody will play it just because it's GUI.
No, nobody will play it since it's a bad map?
Make more sense! Gah!

Lol. (Did I just say 'lol'?)
Am I the only person in the world that finds GUI quicker? Oh well. I use JASS because it's still better.

And don't care about that GUI-JASS thing, many of the good JASSers are bad at terraining, so you can get your extra points there.
I've always sucked at terraining :D
wait a second... crap! lol

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
okay i try to say it better:

If you have 2 versions of a map, 1 GUI and 1 Jass and they are equally beside the advantage of Jass. Will somebody play the GUI one just because it's GUI?

edit:
BTW: How many hours will you work on you map?

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
:)

this contest is going to be fun,
the GUIers will do their best to prove GUI is the best!
and the same for the JASSers.

everone will work harder, and because of the 3 day time limit, also faster

FUN :D

(oh and i use JASS, no systems please<3 )

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
this thread will be closed because of the upcoming GUI - JASS war
,. caused by the +5 earnable points.

Theres not war just simple arguements. Lets just drop the GUI vs JASS thing. JASS is better end of story. If JASSers need a advantage to win a competitions then let them.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I would be very dissapointed in us, if a moderator or higher has to close this thread because just somebody thinks GUI is better than JASS or vice-versa.

One can make a excellent map with both, GUI and JASS. Independetly used, or merged together.

I suggest to enjoy that this is the first 'Speed Mapping' contest Thehelper.net has hosted. Try not to get it closed.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well let's put it this way. GUI AND JASS is only as good as its user.

Come on people JOIN! Add some SPICE to my summer vacation! lol

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I would be very dissapointed in us, if a moderator or higher has to close this thread because just somebody thinks GUI is better than JASS or vice-versa.

One can make a excellent map with both, GUI and JASS. Independetly used, or merged together.

I suggest to enjoy that this is the first 'Speed Mapping' contest Thehelper.net has hosted. Try not to get it closed.

Yes.
You might want to tell people not to make the map protected. I know what your thinking "who the hell would protect their map?". Its happened before.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I don't have a job or anything because I'm actually too young to get one, but what about the people with jobs? Won't this competition kind of be a problem if they have to work one of the days?

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest grown-ups to read this thread, anyway. Bunch of people argueing - what is better, JASS or GUI.

ANYWAY, the rules of this thread are: no flaming or spamming!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
So can we get a clue on the theme?
Atleast the genre? :p

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Anyway, if there are 15 or more contestants by the 13th of July, I'll change the beginning of the contest to 18th. Then, it would finish 21st of July.

Exact starting time?

okay i try to say it better:

If you have 2 versions of a map, 1 GUI and 1 Jass and they are equally beside the advantage of Jass. Will somebody play the GUI one just because it's GUI?

edit:
BTW: How many hours will you work on you map?

1 : Half of people will open the GUI map to see how it looks
2 : Half of people will open the JASS map to see how it's scripted

btw working time depends on people - ex I will have 1 ea hour so it's 3 hours for map :D (if i participate)

F

FKNCrazy

Bah, i would sign up if only the competition was on a weekend friday - monday or something or if it was like next week :/ PM me if you change it to an earlier date please.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
AndrewGosu said:
Anyway, if there are 15 or more contestants by the 13th of July, I'll change the beginning of the contest to 18th. Then, it would finish 21st of July

If that is the case, then perhaps count me in if it will eb changed? Since I would be participating if the date were to be moved, I think I could count as one of the 15 that needs to be signed up.

Just a thought. I don't do enough competitions as it is, so I may as well start now. :)

Have a nice day.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
End of GUI vs Jass. Stay on topic now :)

Good luck with the contest.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
I need to work on my terraining, I suck hard at it.

If only there were functions that generate terrain :)

Come to it I think I played one map once that changed tilesets dynamically
it was some chess map or something...

I wonder how they did it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.