[Contest] Speed Mapping

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Its so its truly speed mapping. There will likely be some outlandish theme nobody could have prepared for, and nobody will no what it is until the contest starts (to avoid cheating).

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
I know that ffs.

What I wanted to ask is why will you use PM to notify us.

Will you also post it on this thread so everybody can see what the contest is all about once it starts?

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
I am guessing the PM is just an extra layer of secretness... he will PM his favorite people first :p. Anyway, I don't think we'd each get a different theme. It would be too difficult to judge. So yeah, Andrewgosu is probably just high.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
im in :D
But why PM? You can just edit it in the 1. post of the thread so people wich dont join also see it.

hmmmm, what could it be? What type of map?
-RPG? no to small map i think
-TD? na, that much points for a TD are hardly possible
-A Defense? hmmm, possible
-An AoS? Possible too
-A mini game? hmmm, we allready have a contest about this, so: NO
-A CTF? NO, to specific

Did i forget something? I think it's a... i dont know x.x. An AoS... that's just not andrewgosu i think, he would not make an AoS. And a defense? who the hell wants a defense?

BTW: Wish me a happy birthday :D

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Added to index.
I'll join.
If JASS is going to have 5 more points then GUI then I expect the JASS to be graded compared to Perfection coding.As in vJASS.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I just found out something, and thus I have to withdraw from this contest. It actually happens I leave on the 22nd for a two-week camp, so I won't even be here for the PM.

Too bad I guess. :(

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Added to index.
I'll join.
If JASS is going to have 5 more points then GUI then I expect the JASS to be graded compared to Perfection coding.As in vJASS.

He said JASS.... not VJass... And anyway, writing in pure JASS is still compilable via VJass... VJass is an extension and should be treated as such. It is the difference between WEU and RoC WE...

Not to mention VJass is nowhere near perfect...

U are a noob

Reaction score
He said JASS.... not VJass... And anyway, writing in pure JASS is still compilable via VJass... VJass is an extension and should be treated as such. It is the difference between WEU and RoC WE...

Not to mention VJass is nowhere near perfect...
... I meant that the coding should be compared to most possible efficiency.

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
? Ummm... Okay, so no structs = only +3 points... I'll agree with you there. GUI still gets nothing :p.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
... I meant that the coding should be compared to most possible efficiency.

That's kind of silly coming from you uareanoob. You always tell me you use GUI because it's more of a challenge, and in other words, the least efficient way to trigger anything.
If we don't use other people's systems in JASS, I don't think we should lose marks... That would be dumb as shit, because, I've never come across a need for systems, so I've never learnt them, and my triggering always works fine.

OH yeah, and count me in. I never finish maps, so I doubt this is the competition for me, but maybe a short deadline will stop my procrastination.

U are a noob

Reaction score
That's kind of silly coming from you uareanoob. You always tell me you use GUI because it's more of a challenge, and in other words, the least efficient way to trigger anything.
If we don't use other people's systems in JASS, I don't think we should lose marks... That would be dumb as shit, because, I've never come across a need for systems, so I've never learnt them, and my triggering always works fine.

OH yeah, and count me in. I never finish maps, so I doubt this is the competition for me, but maybe a short deadline will stop my procrastination.

You don't have to use other people systems use do thing is most efficient way.

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
How about changing the start date of this contest to the 11th, or maybe the 10th. You have a few good contestants (and me)... and I really want to start... :p

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Yeah! i'm up for the challenge, let's show people what GUI is made of! (oh boy... i might regret saying that :p )

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
To clarify, GUI is only quicker for those who don't know JASS well enough to use it to it's true potential and effiency.

How about changing the start date of this contest to the 11th, or maybe the 10th. You have a few good contestants (and me)... and I really want to start... :p

The only I agree with moving the dates back a bit is so that I can compete. If it were to start on teh 18, and end on the 21, it'd make me happy.

Though I sadly admit the world doesn't revolve around me.

Have a nice day! :)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
To clarify, GUI is only quicker for those who don't know JASS well enough to use it to it's true potential and effiency.

I'm pretty good at JASS now, I still find GUI quicker though lol
Anyways anyways...

The only I agree with moving the dates back a bit is so that I can compete. If it were to start on teh 18, and end on the 21, it'd make me happy.

Though I sadly admit the world doesn't revolve around me.
I say we run a poll to get the date moved back!
I'm all for moving the date back :D

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Lets go on strike!

Or we can have two map contests. One that starts earlier than the one now, and the other one which is this one :D

And i think GUI and JASS is a mental disability... people have certain opinions, and no matter what other people say, they might stick to their opinion. :D
Now let's not fight each other, it's the world editor we should be fighting

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
25 points for triggering and 20 for the gameplay? Isn't this more of a coding instead of a mapping contest? o.0

And don't care about that GUI-JASS thing, many of the good JASSers are bad at terraining, so you can get your extra points there. :p

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Edit: I read the date wrong, sorry I will very busy in those dates so I'm out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.