Cracking a friends code? Ciphers? What's going on here!

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I've got a friend who's typing in code on her FaceBook wall, and I'm trying to figure out what she & her friends said.

I'm not sure how to break the code, I've been Googling about ciphers, etc., but I'm not sure if it's that complex.
I've been looking at this site: dead link removed

One of the words is 13 characters long, and the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 13th letters are all the same. I googled for 13 letter words, copied a very large list into my program I wrote, which looked for 5 characters that are the same in those positions, and it found nothing.

So, they obviously aren't letter for letter words, so it's either completely made up (I.E, geiorngerg = hello) and they have some of text document with the phrases written down, but I have my doubts about that.

I'm guessing letters are being swapped around from other words or something, I.E, one word has letters that compose a previous word, or something like that.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Well, a cipher can't be unlocked unless you have the key, or want to brute force it. Plus, we don't know what cipher your friend put up.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure it's a cipher, you can crack a cipher using cryptanalysis right though?
This is something she said: hushi mi ni qui torri shi doori

I'm trying to basically analyse what letters are most frequent, and substitute those with the most common used in the english language, I.E, "e".

I'm not sure though, maybe she's just swapping letters from one word to another?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Hmm, googling found those to all be legitimate words, despite being in multiple languages. Possible solution?

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Really?

I tried Googling some of the words, nothing but gibberish comes up (and Google translate on them, and the phrase).
Here is another phrase: neetika ranutop palanastric :D havagf hamata lakata :p

I don't think they are real words... they might be though

I'm using this site to try and figure it out: http://www.simonsingh.net/The_Black_Chamber/frequencypuzzle.htm

It's got a little code breaker on it, lol

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I have posted 1 & 2 above but:
  • (her)hushi mi ni qui torri shi doori
  • horri sha tommi coo see na hri
  • (her)coora makita takim la tochua hamrikatch loratui dikatna nanafaraticka
  • por chi na takim la noopa
  • porkino las dos? DA DA DAAA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAA!
  • (her)neetika ranutop palanastric :D havagf hamata lakata :p
  • lalala chie na poto rei tot le cha ca ne :p

I can't figure it out :O

EDIT: I'm starting to think that it's a made up language, so, no cipher would work. Either that, or they're shuffling letters from one word to another, but the former seems most likely.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Oh crap.. Thats weird code or whatever it is

But I found one thing

I [*]porkino las dos? DA DA DAAA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAA!
It's spanish for - because the two and the other is Just
DA DA DAAA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAA LOL

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Rearrange some letters then try running it in a Spanish-english translator.
Also work on the line that has the most spanish sounding text.
You may also want to try Korean and or Japanese translators or possibly all three to translate that code successfully.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Oh thanks guys!

I'd just about given up, this is interesting...where do I find a korean/japanese and spanish translator? Will Google translate suffice?
It's spanish for - because the two and the other is Just
DA DA DAAA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAA LOL
Haha LOL, so "porkino las dos" is "because the two".... interesting...

So it appears to be a mix up of different languages? Anything else to them?
Rearrange some letters then try running it in a Spanish-english translator.
Eek, OK, I'll give that a shot :p

TYVM AGAIN! this is fun lol

EDIT: I've run that entire message (all of them) through every language in Google translate, there are quite a few words from several different languages, and a few words that don't translate at all.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly, it's a Pig Latin derivative.

Since, all words end with an "i".

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Possibly, it's a Pig Latin derivative.

Since, all words end with an "i".
Interesting, I'll Google that.
stalking = fun?
Haha, well, yes it actually is, but this isn't stalking. I just want to know what they said (intense curiosity) lol.
Is there any more text to work with?
Unfortunately not,

I translated the entire conversation in Google translate, which resulted in most of the words meaning something, with exception to nanafaraticka (and perhaps a few others).

I'll have to try and figure it out like that, try and piece words together.

I've got a few questions, what if they are simply swapping letters from other words, that need to be swapped back around or adding unnecessary letters, etc., how would you tell?

I really thought the Pig Latin thing was right, I used a translator but it didn't work. Could I have used the wrong one?

I converted some text to Pig Latin and it looked similar, in a way. What other similar languages are like that?

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_game
I'm looking at all the language games available, seeing what one might apply

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I only said it's a Pig latin derivative, meaning that it's similar to Pig Latin. ;) There should be some hints as to why it uses the letter 'i', possibly it could mean the letter i must be placed in nth position, whereas n = some number.

There's one way that may give you 50% chance of cracking it: Go ask her out.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I only said it's a Pig latin derivative, meaning that it's similar to Pig Latin. There should be some hints as to why it uses the letter 'i', possibly it could mean the letter i must be placed in nth position, whereas n = some number.
I know, I'm looking through all the language games on Wikipedia at the moment. There is a variation of Pig latin that places i in the front of the word :eek:
There's one way that may give you 50% chance of cracking it: Go ask her out.
Ahahaha, she's a bit young for me LOL.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
But she's not a relative. You are in.
Ahah LOL, not quite... She's nearly 14, and I'm 19.

I thought it'd be relatively easy to figure this out, I just can't see what's going on. Perhaps it's just a made up language amongst themselves (no algorithm, etc.), in which case I'd likely never be able to figure it out with such a small conversation, but that's such a limited language though, I'd think not.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.