Crashing Trigger

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
This trigger is causing my map to have a fatal error:
No Nenad that isn't it. I have used Trigger - Turn off (This trigger) frequently and that doesn't crash it.
Code:
Merchant
    Events
        Unit - Villager (Male) 0115 <gen> Is selected
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
        Special Effect - Destroy SpecEffectForDelete
        Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Villager (Male) 0115 <gen> named Merchant Arturas: Play No sound and display (((Ahhh..... + (Proper name of Hero)) + isn't it?) + I am Merchant Arturas. Recently packs of bandits have been attacking my caravans heading to the City of Clarv. I have been ordered to deliver an extremely valuable package and I wish to engage your services.  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in merchant <gen>) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (-6500.00, 900.00))
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
        Trigger - Turn on Bandit Attack <gen>
Why?

Edit: According to my testing its this line:
Code:
Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Villager (Male) 0115 <gen> named Merchant Arturas: Play No sound and display (((Ahhh..... + (Proper name of Hero)) + isn't it?) + I am Merchant Arturas. Recently packs of bandits have been attacking my caravans heading to the City of Clarv. I have been ordered to deliver an extremely valuable package and I wish to engage your services.  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
How do I fix that and why would it cause an error like that?
Holy shit I've been experiment a bit and is it because i've exceded the text limit.....

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> (Proper name of Hero)

Where's that name coming from?

> Special Effect - Destroy SpecEffectForDelete

Do you need that line? Your trigger doesn't seem to be using it.

> Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (-6500.00, 900.00)

Wouldn't it be simpler to just put a region?

Jazradel

Reaction score
Hero is the variable of my hero lol.

Special Effect - Destroy SpecEffectForDelete is for another trigger where I create a exclamation mark above his head.

Yeh it would be easier to create a region but I'm just a lazy roundabout bastard.

Anyway I solved the problem. I was using too many characters in a string. Lol I feel like owning something after an error that stupid.

AceHart

Reaction score
> it would be easier to create a region but I'm just a lazy roundabout bastard.

Actually, making a region is much faster and, also, simpler, than trying to find out where exactly some spot may be with offsets...
Or where you just guessing those (-6500, 900)?

SomeGuy333

Reaction score
its real easy to get exact location with a off set. just put your mouse over the terrain and look at the bottom left corner of your screen.

AceHart

Reaction score
Ehm... yes. But, if you don't touch that trigger anymore for some time,
then come back to it, let's say three weeks later, for some quick look,
do you know where that was just by looking at it?
With regions, and a name that makes sense, a simple double-click will bring you there...

Also, if you move the region around, there's no need to find the trigger that uses it...

Well, whatever floats your boat :)

Jazradel

Reaction score
I already did it that way and it was over a year ago and I can still remember what it does so thats not really an issue for me. The issue is I'm too lazy to change it now but will have to later anyway to stop memory leaks.

I really feel like knifing someone.

Edit: Really nice respawning system. I'm using No. 3 now.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
A few notes.

1) The crash is most likely due to the effects of Cinematic Mode. Shall I supply you with a non-crashing version of that god-awful Blizzard function?

2) Your adding 0 second for the Villager when he speaks, thus when he speaks, it will immediately move onto the next action.

3) Your creating about 5 different Player Group and Unit Groups leaks in there, which isn't all that important, but stacks in memory after time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.