Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

A

AlLoCuRa

baka-ranger said:
haha thanks guys, thanks for your support. i know there are gonna be people who dont like my map, but i hate it when theyre just noobs who go "oh its shit i dont like it, make it better" that just annoys me...

anyways thanks to everyone for your support AlLocura for bug reporting to me every way possible lol. yes i fixed it last night, but unfortunately degen aura had to get nerfed big time. so ya no uber degen anymores...

i hope you guys play this alot as im hoping to get it more popular then hero line wars lition XD which i think is pretty crap becuase of the hero teleport.... >.>
but then maybe i need a website or some such thing for it... but oh wells

ill probably also be adding screenies or maybe a replay later.. :p

Ill post a replay later if I remember to save one
and lition is totally crappy compared to CHLW
CUSTOM HEROES DAMMIT

Reaction score
AlLoCuRa said:
Ill post a replay later if I remember to save one
and lition is totally crappy compared to CHLW
CUSTOM HEROES DAMMIT

haha agreed ;) :p

anyways added an update, check it out =)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
lil off topic?

baka, do you know how to make a teleport attack where u teleport to target then another unit nearby? i have tried it but cant seem to do it and thought it wud be a fun spell to have, being able to bounce around the creeps and taking em down :D

edit: becoz when i try to make the hero teleport to multiple units in sequence, the trigger doesnt work after the 1st "instantly move..." line of code. any idea wats wrong with it?

Reaction score
Flare said:
baka, do you know how to make a teleport attack where u teleport to target then another unit nearby? i have tried it but cant seem to do it and thought it wud be a fun spell to have, being able to bounce around the creeps and taking em down :D

edit: becoz when i try to make the hero teleport to multiple units in sequence, the trigger doesnt work after the 1st "instantly move..." line of code. any idea wats wrong with it?

mm i cant tell without your code :p

but theres a tutorial here, so check it out ;)
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38947

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
nice map(didnt notice it until now...:p) but anyway building ur own hero sounds great :D

jyrkz

Reaction score
yeah! love this map :p
better then all the other hero line wars :cool:

but just wondering.. when u go to repick (havent repicked hero yet)
you will have more gold so u can buy more skills?:D or take all ultis?:D

ahh u could add multiboard :) #that would own :p

Reaction score
when you repick, you keep all your gold but you still cant pick more then 4 skills and 1 ultimate ive thought of that already, right from the start ;P

and yeh a multiboard would be cool.... but im busy..... got exams comin up in the next few weeks, so i gotta study *puts on nerdy glasses* :p

ive also been tryin to think of new abilities to put in... but ive been drawin blanks for awhile, and i dont wanna update till i put in something new, not just balances and such.

ive also been thinkin of puttin in a choice to not take an ulti and have a normal skill instead. so have like 5 normals and no ultimates. but its just a pipe dream, may see implementation in a later version.

BUT!! exams first :(

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
some suggestions

i got 2 suggestions for the map :D my first suggestion is that creeps increase ur stats whenever your HERO kills em (no abusing with spell vault). maybe if u got 0.05 of ur primary stat for killing lets say... the arachnitids or bandits. then by the time ur killing bloodfiends, ur getting... around 1/2 a stat point per kill. i dont think it wud be very imba if you kept the figures low, possibly 0.05 stat for each step up in creep i.e. arach: 0.05, bandit: 0.1. it prolly wud remove the need for tomes and such. my 2nd suggestion is taken from FF forever (ownage rpg map if u didnt kno :D). if u played the map and use dark knight's darkness ability u wud kno my suggestion. if not, here it is. the hero drains a small % of his maximum hp (maybe 10%) and deals 5% of his max hp x the level of spell in damage to units within about 1000 aoe. so at start, u wud lose around... 100-150 hp and deal 50-75 ROUGHLY, but since the spell constantly getse more powerful, it wud be worth having it regardless of how rubbish it is at level 1 :D the 10% life lost is constant

W

Wanpo

Yo Baka-Ranger, after a bit of the old searching, I realised how little information on the web there is for this game, so I made some.

Check it out at -

www.geocities.com/customherolinewars/

Hope it's ok that I used that url, I can always pass it over to you if you want.
I've got exams coming up and shit, but if you want I could add a whole lot more stuff to it with your help (items, damage/cooldown/manacost per level for each skill, Heros)

I hope it was ok that I made the site (and a big thanks to the DotA website which I completely ripped the hell out of to make it >.>)

Reaction score
Flare said:
i got 2 suggestions for the map :D my first suggestion is that creeps increase ur stats whenever your HERO kills em (no abusing with spell vault). maybe if u got 0.05 of ur primary stat for killing lets say... the arachnitids or bandits. then by the time ur killing bloodfiends, ur getting... around 1/2 a stat point per kill. i dont think it wud be very imba if you kept the figures low, possibly 0.05 stat for each step up in creep i.e. arach: 0.05, bandit: 0.1. it prolly wud remove the need for tomes and such. my 2nd suggestion is taken from FF forever (ownage rpg map if u didnt kno :D). if u played the map and use dark knight's darkness ability u wud kno my suggestion. if not, here it is. the hero drains a small % of his maximum hp (maybe 10%) and deals 5% of his max hp x the level of spell in damage to units within about 1000 aoe. so at start, u wud lose around... 100-150 hp and deal 50-75 ROUGHLY, but since the spell constantly getse more powerful, it wud be worth having it regardless of how rubbish it is at level 1 :D the 10% life lost is constant

lol, its a good idea (the stats for killing) but i dont think stats is necessary anymores! you see i didnt change the bonuses you get per point so instead of only getting one damage per point of primary attribute you get 5 so every level youd get 55 bonus damage (i think :p) which makes things alot easier so i dont think needing tomes would be a problem...
also your ability idea is a good idea i think, but even at level 10 it would be under strength, since most heros only have abt 30k life.... without crowns that is, so 5% would be... 1500 times 10 is only 15k.... most abilities at level 10 do just over 100k :p (to all those who've never played this, it was made big :D) but i think with some beefing it would work out ;)

Wanpo said:
Yo Baka-Ranger, after a bit of the old searching, I realised how little information on the web there is for this game, so I made some.

Check it out at -

www.geocities.com/customherolinewars/

Hope it's ok that I used that url, I can always pass it over to you if you want.
I've got exams coming up and shit, but if you want I could add a whole lot more stuff to it with your help (items, damage/cooldown/manacost per level for each skill, Heros)

I hope it was ok that I made the site (and a big thanks to the DotA website which I completely ripped the hell out of to make it >.>)

ive been meaning to make a website, but since i dont have the faintest idea and dont really have the time for it, i never got around to it...

anyways thanks for making a start! it got me in the mood of actually making it :D

haha yeh... i noticed the dota site similarities :p

denyo

Reaction score
I have a question plz answer it:

When I play this map, some people reach high incomes in a very short time. I almost never stop spawning creeps but these people have always gretaer income than me. How is this possible? Is there a trick/bug?

And also is there a strategy guide (for solo or teamwork) for this map?

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
denyo said:
I have a question plz answer it:

When I play this map, some people reach high incomes in a very short time. I almost never stop spawning creeps but these people have always gretaer income than me. How is this possible? Is there a trick/bug?

And also is there a strategy guide (for solo or teamwork) for this map?
maybe a cheat Baka used and got known of these guys, if I'm right...

Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
maybe a cheat Baka used and got known of these guys, if I'm right...

i dont have cheats in my map, even if i did id make them only useable by me, im not that careless, besides i do all my testing with "greedisgood" so i dont have any "cheats" in it.

anyways its most likely that theyre killing alot more creep then you, most people play bounty on, and like to take carrion beetles which "swarm" the spawn zone so they pretty much get every creep spawned on their side, which gives them ALOT more money to summon ALOT more creep, hence making their income grow that much faster.
if youre playing bounty off then its most likely in your "summoning technique"
as in, when you summon do you always try to get it as close to 0 gold as possible, as to maximise your income for that round?

as of yet there are no guides or anything, ill be sure to put some up on the site im working on with Wanpo but we have yet to get truly started on it, so it may still be awhile.
besides youre meant to be your own stratergy guide. theres a link on the front page for the very beginnings of the site, it has a skill listing with descriptions and such so from that just try differnt builds that YOU feel would work and find one that works best for you. so basically what im saying is trial and error, if something doesnt work for you, then change it.

hope that helps :eek:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score

baka-ranger said:
lol, its a good idea (the stats for killing) but i dont think stats is necessary anymores! you see i didnt change the bonuses you get per point so instead of only getting one damage per point of primary attribute you get 5 so every level youd get 55 bonus damage (i think :p) which makes things alot easier so i dont think needing tomes would be a problem...
also your ability idea is a good idea i think, but even at level 10 it would be under strength, since most heros only have abt 30k life.... without crowns that is, so 5% would be... 1500 times 10 is only 15k.... most abilities at level 10 do just over 100k :p (to all those who've never played this, it was made big :D) but i think with some beefing it would work out ;)

ive been meaning to make a website, but since i dont have the faintest idea and dont really have the time for it, i never got around to it...

anyways thanks for making a start! it got me in the mood of actually making it :D

haha yeh... i noticed the dota site similarities :p

i kno 5% wud be underpowered but i never post suggestions and accurate figures, thats just impossible 4 me :D. maybe it cud be 10% per skill level and a smaller % per hero level. or else set a specific amount of damage dealt per level?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
yet another suggestion ;p

was thinking that you cud add anti magic shell to the spell vault, wud be very nice against those pesky wendigo dudes (i died alot one game even with 4k + armor cuz their polymorph removed devotion armor bonus xD) and perhaps some more support spells in general if u dnt have mana to use forked lightning or crushing wave, but desperately need something to keep ur ass alive

edit: ah crap sry, double post, i forgot i had posted on page 6 while reading page 5 -.-'

Reaction score
Flare said:
was thinking that you cud add anti magic shell to the spell vault, wud be very nice against those pesky wendigo dudes (i died alot one game even with 4k + armor cuz their polymorph removed devotion armor bonus xD) and perhaps some more support spells in general if u dnt have mana to use forked lightning or crushing wave, but desperately need something to keep ur ass alive

edit: ah crap sry, double post, i forgot i had posted on page 6 while reading page 5 -.-'

eh...? i have stasis trap its like 75 mana.... so you pretty much always have that to use you just need to pre-empt a little coz of the delay before going off, and you could always use healing wards.... :p speaking of which i should make them cheaper.... :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.