Custom sounds and sound sets.

UnHolyFox198

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if you could make like an RPG type music. Kind of like Lord of the Rings when legolas aragorn and gimli travel. Not too heavy but not too light.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
@Zel
Should be done soon

@SineCosine
I don't really know what's first meant to be, so I guess it's reload for this laser cannon.

Reload
http://www.sendspace.com/file/snhwg3

Shot: Problem.
I had no idea how long it's meant to be. I've got two sounds, one of them is actually looping, here's that one:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/np6u6p

And lot more advanced I believe which I guess is just uber badass ;) Got like a pre-loading on it's, which sounds just IMBA :D
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x26hy6

@xoxdragonxox
There you go...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u0uq7x

@UnHolyFox198
Please provide sample.

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
Holy Shi-
I just crapped my pants.

You stay up late, huh?
That's dedication, lol.

The first Shot sound file you uploaded is perfect!
Hahaha, it's the loading one that's a bit..

It kinda' has little impact =x

Damn, I can't find an example on youtube =/

ShoopDaWOOP
Thanks for the shot, anyways!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Thread Stickied as per request from FannyShaver (what a name) LOL! :eek:

canons200

Reaction score
@fanny

oh, i find out the problem, i have my download acceleratorr to help me download, at such, the file downloaded is not mp3. After i off it and use manual download. it works fine.

anyway, regarding the explosion, the sound look like "baooooooo", can you make it sound like "bombbbbbb"?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
@canons200
Well, I did sharpened the end of the sound a bit. All explosions have the same in common, that they actually fade with time, so having a BOMB instead of a BOOM will sound rather unrealistic than nice. Anyway, check that one:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8j9g9t

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
I have a Sound Request.

I have a roller coaster game, And I would like sounds for the cart.

Slowing down speeding up going at different speeds sorta thing. Its on a Metal Track.

1. Speeding Up From 0, at a Very Slow Rate, Slow Rate Medium Rate, Fast Rate, Very Fast Rate.
2. Slowing Down From Very Fast to 0, at a Very Slow Rate, Slow Rate, Medium Rate, Fast Rate, Very Fast Rate.

Thats just a thought of how I could use them and mix them. But Anything you think that will allow me to have a sound for how fast its moving and its acceleration.

If you have the time and any interest. I would be very grateful. Anything you can pump out ill figure a way to make it work in the game.
If there is anything I can do for you in return please ask, Thank you for your time.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
@rover2341
2x 130sec even in mp3 format is about to take quite a lot of your map size. Sure you want it?

rover2341

Reaction score
I don't care if my map is 10 megs, Thats not a concern to me.

Wait let me figure this out...

rover2341

Reaction score
Ok Got It, This is it. This will work. Right? Your the sound guy

Pully Sound
(1 Sound) A Pully sound(clunky maybe) that moves a cart at 16.5MPH, looping, length can be short. (3-15 Seconds)

Cart moving and change speeds
(2 Sounds) 1 set of 16.5MPH-150MPH And 150MPH-1.6.5MPH changing at 5.08Mph (So 2 Sounds, Both taking 26.279 Seconds each).
For the Rest you could do it, Or I could take it and speed it up. (Details shows the rest)

Moving at a constant speed
(3 Sounds) that loop of the coaster moving at a constant speed, slow(16.5-40MPH),medium(40MPH-80MPH) fast(80-150 MPH).
So the slow sound would play when the acceleration is very slow and your moving at 16.5-40MPH. The length can be (3-20 Seconds each) Looping.

Total

• (1 Sound) Pully
  • (2 Sounds Or 12 Sounds) +-5.08 Change in MPH Per Sec Starting at 16.5-150, and 150-16.5(Or +-5.08,+-9.91,+-14.04,+-18.88,+-19.28,+-20.00. But I can do that)
  • (3 Sounds) For the cart moving at a constant speed, slow, medum, fast

Thats a Total of 6 sounds Or 16.

Details
(Not needed, unless you plan on doing the other 10 sounds, But I can Do them)

Change in MPH Per Sec

• +-5.08
  • +-9.91
  • +-14.04
  • +-18.88
  • +-19.28
  • +-20.00

So Thats, (150-16.5) = 133.5
133.5/5.08 = 26.279 Secounds.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
@up

This is gonna be quite challenging. I dunno much about rollercoaster sounds, just those I looked on youtube. Should be fine though...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.