Death animation not playing, Instead unit just disappears when killed?

LMillz

Reaction score
I am making a very unique maze map and i have it triggered so that when a unit steps on a certain type of terrain, it kills the unit (Kinda i think, i might need some help finalizing that) and i also have it triggered so that when a unit steps on certain foot switch it kills him as well (again might need help finalizing). but whenever the unit steps on the foot switch or on the designated terrain type it does kill him, but all it does is make him disappear. I want the unit to do their death animation upon death. Any ideas? ask for more info

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Are you sure you are killing the units, and not simply removing them? If you are, upload the map so that we can take a better look at the problem.

draist

Reaction score
Have you created a region at the terrain that's supposed to kill the unit?
I guess this should work:

Trigger:
  • Deadly Terrain
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (your region)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to your unit
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Entering unit)
      • Animation - Play (Entering unit)'s death animation

LMillz

Reaction score
the said triggers are:
Grassy Dirt
Events
Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in Heroes and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If ((Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Sunken Ruins - Grassy Dirt) then do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit)) else do (Do nothing)

Foot Switch Beginning
Events
Unit - A unit enters Foot Switch 1 <gen>
Unit - A unit enters Foot Switch 2 <gen>
Unit - A unit enters Foot Switch 3 <gen>
Unit - A unit enters Foot Switch 4 <gen>
Unit - A unit enters Foot Switch 5 <gen>
Unit - A unit enters Foot Switch 6 <gen>
Unit - A unit enters Foot Switch 7 <gen>
Unit - A unit enters Foot Switch 8 <gen>
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)

in other words look at this map and you will know how i want it setup(set all players to computer easy except yourself)

View attachment JungleLabyrinthv2.00c.w3x

I'm trying not to use regions, the way i originally had it set up i thought was flawless:
Bad
Events
Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
Conditions
(Terrain type at (Position of (Triggering unit))) Equal to Sunken Ruins - Grassy Dirt
Actions
Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)

But this or any similar to this wouldnt kill the unit.

The first two do end up killing te unit but they wont do a death animation, they just vanish.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I can't open your map. Are you using any custom GUI functions (eg. JNGP's USMWE?)

Anyway, check if your heroes' Art - Death Time field is long enough.

LMillz

Reaction score
It's not my map. Its a map i found that uses exactly what im trying to do. I meant to open it in a custom game. Not in world editor

And its the same heroes. I havent messed with the objects themselves.

draist

Reaction score
Well, you kinda need to post your map if you want us to help you. We're not gonna "steal" your map or anything, just look at yout triggers.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
It's not any of the triggers you posted above; it's your respawn trigger. You're reviving the heroes instantly upon death, so there's no chance for them to play a death animation. You could simply put a 2 second wait before the "Instantly revive" action.

LMillz

Reaction score
See i thought that was it but how do you put the wait?
also i need to know how to make it so that a trigger can only happen once.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1. Place a Wait 2.00 seconds action at the start of the trigger. Easy.

2. Place the action Trigger - Turn Off (This trigger) at the beginning of the actions. The actions will continue to run, but the trigger won't fire again.

LMillz

Reaction score
Yeah i just figured that out, but the turn off this trigger has to be at the end of the actions. i noticed that cheats work in my map. how do i take them out? i have already tried
event: player x types "(whatever cheat)"
condition:
action: do nothing

i have also made the cheat cancel itself out, and do the opposite but none of it works

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, it's hardcoded. You can't disable the cheats or do the opposite, the event won't even fire. Probably because if you type a cheat, the text that really comes out is "cheat enabled!" You can disable single player, though.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
all of the cheats are disabled by retyping them, im not sure since i havent done much string/chat triggering but i believe u can force them to use the same string immediately afterwards, disabling the cheat again? i know an rpg map that has cheats disabled so its useable in multiplayer, just says... you cant cheat in this game, or something to that effect... its DI2 RPG, one of the top rated rpgs on hiveworkshop.com

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
all of the cheats are disabled by retyping them, im not sure since i havent done much string/chat triggering but i believe u can force them to use the same string immediately afterwards, disabling the cheat again? i know an rpg map that has cheats disabled so its useable in multiplayer, just says... you cant cheat in this game, or something to that effect... its DI2 RPG, one of the top rated rpgs on hiveworkshop.com

It's much more efficient to disable single player. There is no restrictions to using LAN. Also, if you type greedisgood 500000, then if you force the player to retype it then you'll just give them 1 million.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.