Desperately Need a Leak Check.

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
No clue what's wrong. As the game goes by (and somewhat initially) FPS continues to drop, in this spawn-based LOTR map called Ring Wars. Most of the triggered are generally the same as every other counterpart of the map, so I have no idea. Only new ones I can think of are the triggered spells, like EMP, which I'm pretty certain isn't it. And the spawn functions (the one's that actually spawn the units). The only thing I can think of it is being somewhat because of the spawning, because they all are set by 'temp_point' and run close together (there's wait timers in between all of the actually Trigger - Run functions) but that even seems generally the same as it's always been, zzz. So could anyone please help me out? Thanks A LOT in advance.

http://rapidshare.com/files/225086960/LOTR_The_Ring_Wars_SV2.w3x.html

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
I'll do a leak check for you if you can do one for me later :)

(Sorry if that seems unhelpful, but my time is quite limited and leak checks take a while).

Also, I can't promise I can find every leak, since I mostly know about the ones from the guides here.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
My computer ending up freezing and I had to restart it... -.-
And, to add on top of that, I had heaps of other programs open at the same time as well, with about two of those being my assignments... lucky Microsoft Word was able to recover the documents, though :D

Legacyspy

Reaction score
If you aren't deleting the temp points in between changing where they are located it will leak.

Perhaps you could post 1 of your spawn triggers.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
I had a view in your map, the leaking is you use <Center of<region>> mainly.

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
Go find through it. I 4get at where, but u use some Create x units at <Center of <Region>>.

SpaceBar

Reaction score

Don't spam...

TempPoint is a Point Varible, what he means is this, ie:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 15 seconds of game-time
    • Conditions
    • Set TempPoint = (Centre of (Spawn1))
    • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at TempPoint facing building default degrees
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
Go find through and fix it...

Trigger:
  • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at &lt;Centre of&lt;Region&gt;&gt; facing building default degrees

If you really hope to prevent 2L(leak and lag), the fastest solution is use Jass.:thup:

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Wtf are you guys talking about? Did you even look at the map? THERE IS JASS in there, and THERE is temp points, zzz.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
a lot of your spells are leaking

eg:
in JumpMovement

Trigger:
  • Unit - Move Eowyn instantly to ((Position of Eowyn) offset by 3.00 towards (Facing of Eowyn) degrees), facing (Facing of Eowyn) degrees

in Repel of Saruman

Trigger:
  • Set temp_group = (Units within 750.00 of (Position of Saruman the White 0116 &lt;gen&gt;) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Repel of Saruman ) Equal to True))

in Repel of Saruman Off

Trigger:
  • Set temp_group = (Units within 750.00 of (Position of Saruman the White 0116 &lt;gen&gt;) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of Player 7 (Green)) Equal to True))

in Barrier of Saruman Off

Trigger:
  • Set temp_group = (Units within 750.00 of (Position of Gothmog 0687 &lt;gen&gt;) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of Player 12 (Brown)) Equal to True))

There are lots of others but those are the ones that would matter the most.

Also saw leaks throughout the rest of the code, but didn't find any in periodics that would give noticable lag over time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.