Dialogs To Region Control

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Hey, im relatively new to the warcraft editor, and although iv learned a lot, what i want to do is relatively complex compared to what iv done before. (highligted parts malice might be interested in for his map :D )

Im trying to make a custom castle creator game, called castle commander, where you select a premade castle "template" , with terrain and whatnot, and you can select from several different types / styles, and then add walls, buildings, etc. The early part will be the trickiest: making it so that when you click on one of the initial dialogs, it will pan / lock your camera to the castle template, and then after x seconds it will give you a choice to choose your current template or go to the next / previous. I have the dialogs set up, but im kind of at a loss as to how to get the rest. Oh, and while im here, is there a way to edit the terrain ingame, besides craters and volcanos? (oh, and this game isnt ripped off of one of the existing castle creator games :) ) Id appreciate it greatly if i could get some or all of my questions answered ;) . Thanks.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
nope you cant modify terrain "in-game" that is the only question i can answer now cuz im sleepy and lazy srry :p

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Yes you can, by creating a new dummy unit and changing it's Model ile to that of a Doodad. You can also change the terrain.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ahhhh didnt know u can change model files that deep you can actually change a model file into a square of terrain????? cool..

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
sqrage said:
ahhhh didnt know u can change model files that deep you can actually change a model file into a square of terrain????? cool..

:D

But there is the action "Environment - Change terrain type".
Could be tricky though...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.