Did we land on the moon?

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What is the inverse square law? :p

And by the way, on a second thought around Mercury and Venus, the space is cold of course, and so would we be. You have to get closer to the sun. Or just give it time. Ah man, I don't know anymore..
Not that it matters.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I guess no one looked at when I mentioned radiation. Every last bit of heat that comes from the sun is radiation. Light is not heat, but it's energy will transfer into heat when it hits something.

There are three types of heat transfer.

Convection - the heat transfer through air.

Conduction - the heat transfer through direct contact.

Radiation - the heat transfer through electromagnetic waves.

Radiation is the only one that can travel through a vacuum. The moon is completely unprotected without an atmosphere and the temperature gets up to just over the boiling point of water. Yes you would die without a space suit. Yes you would go blind. Yes it is possible to make a suit that can resist the amazing temperature of 100 degrees Celsius.

Also, off topic - E=mc^2 was mentioned. We totally need to harness antimatter, that we can blow up matter to keep ourselves powered until the end of the universe.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
We totally need to harness antimatter, that we can blow up matter to keep ourselves powered until the end of the universe.

Well, if you could figure out a way to generate it and contain it in a way which demands less energy than you would gain by harnessing it, you'd have my vote :p

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Threads like these always make me smile :)

I won't even comment on the landing.

Why is that?
Is it the half-ass physics written, or the fact that we left the original subject at page 1 or 2?:p

Well, if you could figure out a way to generate it and contain it in a way which demands less energy than you would gain by harnessing it, you'd have my vote :p

If he did that, then I want front row seats to see it;)

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Well, the Apollo programs sure cost the Americans 136 billion dollars, so we might as well believe it happened :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.