Hulk3 DotA Wars (1.00)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
DotA Wars (1.20)

DotA Wars 1.20

dotatitle.jpg

An arena containing 16 of the newer, more interestingly triggered heroes from the popular map DotA Allstars. Also includes a basic shop with a selection of non-recipe items, a few of the newer active cast recipe items, several of the more popular in game commands, and some fully functional and chaotic, arena play.​

Why did I begin this project?​
Many people constantly ask for help making DotA like spells, and frequently people upload random spells from this extremely popular map. However, these spells and systems are randomly distributed all over TheHelper.net and other Warcraft III resource websites, and there is no consolidated map containing all of the best spells, in one place, at one time. I had made and updated DotA Heroes, which was marginally popular, and have since received many requests for some of the newer heroes, so here they are :).

What heroes are included?​
The current heroes included in the map are:

Sentinel Heroes
  1. Beastmaster
  2. Priestess
  3. Storm Spirit
  4. Sacred Warrior
  5. Faerie Dragon
  6. Admiral
  7. Bristleback
  8. Tuskarr
Scourge Heroes
  1. Spiritbreaker
  2. Bloodseeker
  3. Lord of Avernus
  4. Spectre
  5. Witch Doctor
  6. Obsidian Destroyer
  7. Lifestealer
  8. Faceless Void

What items are included?​
Non-Recipe
  1. Gloves of Haste
  2. Boots of Speed
  3. Ring of Regeneration
  4. Sobi Mask
  5. Belt of Giant Strength
  6. Boots of Elvenskin
  7. Robe of the Magi
  8. Circlet of Nobility (edited)
  9. Stout Shield
  10. Ring of Protection (edited)
  11. Broadsword
  12. Javelin

Recipes
  1. Shivas Guard
  2. Armlet of Moridiggian
  3. Phase Boots
  4. Mask of Madness
  5. Blade Mail
  6. Force Staff
  7. Ethereal Blade

What game modes are included?​
The host may type:

1. -em or -easymode
  2. -score ## (to increase or decrease the required kills needed to win)
  3. -id or -itemdrop
  4. -sd or -superdrop
  5. -mi or -miniheroes
  6. -sc or -supercreeps
  7. -fr or -fastrespawn
  8. -wtf
  9. All Random mode can be selected by checking the map's advanced option "random hero"

Supported in-game commands include:

1. -ms or -movespeed
  2. -apm
  3. -clear
  4. -unstuck
  5. -ma or -matchup
  6. -water xxx (red,green,blue,default) or random
  7. -repick

Additional Notes​
Gameplay is, as you'd expect, modified significantly from that of the normal AoS. Heroes start with two ability points at level 1. You get 7 attribute points/lvl to divvy out as you see fit, additionally, heroes have an innate stat gain of .5/lvl. When adding attribute points, your hero loses its item bonuses (unfortunately a limitation inherent in the attribute system). Creep camps respawn stronger over time as you kill them off. The first hero to reach the games score ## kills requirement wins!

When your hero dies, you can revive he/she at your resurrection stone for a nominal price, use your ghost to revive your hero at it's tombstone (which is created where the hero dies), or wait for the revive timer to expire (which increases along with your heroes level).

Considering I don't have all the base items, recipes are next to impossible. Thus, to purchase a recipe item, you must have a Hero Glyph. These drop when heroes are slain. The killing player can pick it up first however after 20 seconds any hero can pick it up.

How do I implement a hero or spell?
This map is more for learning to JASS, and the methods employed when creating specific effects. Ergo, a straight copy over of spells is not supported. One thing to note, this requires vJASS, and as such, in most cases, the JASS New Gen Pack. Without this, copying spells and editing this map will not get you very far.

Feel free to edit the map freely as you want, add heroes, items, units, or anything else you can think of, but make sure to give credit where due. Alternatively, use the JASS to learn from, or as a template to create similar spells for your own map.

So what is next?
This should be completely stable for play on battle.net, to learn from, or to simple rip spells from. If you play on battle.net, please use the protected version (denoted by a (p) in the map name), for smoother game play, faster load times, and a considerably smaller map size.

If anyone has any other questions regarding implementation, has suggestions for future versions, or has bugs to report, please post them in this thread or send me a PM.

Updates
  • New Hero: Faceless Void (including the original Time Walk)
  • New Game Modes: All Random, WTF, Fast Respawn, Super Creeps
    [*]All Random can now be selected by choosing the Random Hero map flag in the maps advanced options prior to starting the game
    [*]New Game Command: Repick
    [*]Added "random" water color command
  • Removed shared cooldown between Force Staff and Ethereal Blade
  • Fixed a bug that caused Ether Blast to deal no bonus damage
  • Added a trailing fade effect to the Phase Boots active
  • Multiboard will now display Tuskarr's hero icon properly
  • Added a rune spawn area by the waterfall at the top middle of the map, with all five rune types
  • Replaced Frozen Sigil sfx with the correct model
  • Removed a few text color errors and updated how they are displayed
  • Increased hero selection time to coincide with host game mode selection time frame
  • Replaced H2I calls with GetHandleId to allow for 1.24 compliance
  • Updated Armlet of Mordiggian and Phase Boots item descriptions and Hero Glyph costs
  • Jaunt, X Marks the Spot Return and Reality are now visible only when they can be cast, taking the place of their parent ability and sharing it's hotkey
  • Updated all unit and ability stats, models and icons to match those in release 6.71b
  • Remade Inner Beast and Charge of Darkness due to their radically updated spell mechanics
  • Fixed a bug that caused creeps created using the -spawn cheat to respawn at the map center
  • Fixed a bug that caused the revive timer to not be removed if a hero was revived from the resurrection stone
  • Fixed a rare bug that would cause the hero not to be selected and the camera to pan to the center of the map following revival
  • Fixed a rare bug that would cause effect buffs to disappear following morph abilities
  • Added the Mana Flare Bolt Impact sfx to the Static Remenant for the full duration of the apparition
  • New Recipe Items: Force Staff, Ethereal Blade
  • New Hero: Tuskarr
  • New Recipe Items: Mask of Madness, Blade Mail, Shivas Guard, Phase Boots, Armlet of Mordiggian
  • New Hero Glyph Recipe system
  • Elune's Arrow can now correctly target non-heroes
beta
  • Game Modes added: -itemdrop, -superdrop, -miniheroes
  • Game Commands added: -matchup, -water, -unstuck
  • Fixed Ghost Ships required level and level skip requirements
  • Fixed heroes not being removed when a player leaves the game
  • Removed first weather effect lag
  • New Heroes: Bristleback, Lifestealer
  • Replaced my handle data/utility functions with the standards for ease of JASS portability
  • Added a Traveling Salesman for the recipe items, however as of yet, none are functional
alpha
  • Initial release

Enjoy, and please comment.

*Note
- All triggers have been written from scratch by me. The map terrain, layout, and all systems have also been made by me, unless otherwise noted. Thanks to IceFrog for keeping this fun map updated, for the codes of which I used as templates in writing many of the spells, for the object editing which made the tedious task of adding all required map objects much smoother, and for coming up with some of these neat hero ideas. Also, thanks to Eul and Guinsoo for past DotA updates and hero creation efforts.

Future updates will include additional game modes and commands, extra heroes, and a further selection of the better recipe items.

Attachments

• selection.jpg
    selection.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 545
  • wholemap.jpg
    wholemap.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 614
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 546
  • screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 546
  • screen4.jpg
    screen4.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 530
  • DotA Wars 1.20.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 605
  • DotA Wars 1.20(p).w3x
    708.2 KB · Views: 609

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I was waiting for this to come out. :D

I heard you were remaking it a few weeks ago, I'd hate to say what took so long but then I'd sound rude. :p

emjlr3

Reaction score
I was waiting for this to come out. :D

I heard you were remaking it a few weeks ago, I'd hate to say what took so long but then I'd sound rude. :p

funny, I never told anyone

Awesome.
Are recipe items included? Doesn't say so but it could be a "secret shop" :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Good, so you're continuing this stuff. Gotta take a peek in your code... :p

thats the idea

Renendaru

Reaction score
funny, I never told anyone
I remember hearing from somewhere that you were working on it, where was that?

Renendaru

Reaction score
Guess the voices in my head told me. :p

Nice work though, you seem to be the only one who compiles them into one map, and codes them I think.

emjlr3

Reaction score
How about moving the heroes in DotA Heroes v1b into this version?

nah, that would be too many heroes IMO, plus this is only for the newer ones, with decent triggering

does this have AI?

no - a lot of the abilities are based of channel, so it would not work out too well

Nicely done Emjlr3, imagine be very helpful for alot of ppl.
Will host on bnet sometime, give it a try, looks pretty awesome.

yea

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Nice one, another big hit :D I was collecting some skills for another game of mine trying to catch up the Troll thingy game that I have right now :)

Regga-Voska

Reaction score
Gj with the map, it is quite awesome with the attribute idea:thup:

BTW, why don't you just create some triggers that could control the computers? (AI)
If so, I will be pleased to try the next version!

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
BTW, why don't you just create some triggers that could control the computers? (AI)
+1 I want! Spirit Wars AI like AI.

I tested some spells, I know that they still do the same effect, same damage, or whatever... but:

Storm Spirit:
- Static Remnant doesn't have the electrical thingy (Mana Flare Bolt)! +It doesn't make that Lightning Shield effect.
- Ball Lightning doesn't roll, storm don't roll! + You are missing an effect for it.

Puck the Faerie Dragon:
- Ethereal Jaunt icon is actually a bit darker, or is it my computer?

Priestess of the Moon:
- You leap very high with Leap :)

emjlr3

Reaction score
What other Heroes are you going to add in this? All of them?

Either way, I wanna shamelessly suggest my Invoker pack...

that’s is a lot of object editing that I quite frankly, don't are to do - if you want to add him in and setup him up to work, I will do the rest as far as implementing him into the game

Gj with the map, it is quite awesome with the attribute idea:thup:

If so, I will be pleased to try the next version!

The problem is, when you use an ability based off say warstomp, a computer controlled hero will use it when a warstomp is warranted, if it has a decent amount of enemies around it - now if you have a triggered ability that works similar to warstomp, but it’s based of channel, the computer will never use it

Trying to code all such situations into an AI system would be a pain - getting the hero to move/attack/run realistically is easy enough, its all the abilities that make it difficult

And it would never be a replacement for a skilled human, ever

+1 I want! Spirit Wars AI like AI.

I tested some spells, I know that they still do the same effect, same damage, or whatever... but:

Storm Spirit:
- Static Remnant doesn't have the electrical thingy (Mana Flare Bolt)! +It doesn't make that Lightning Shield effect.
- Ball Lightning doesn't roll, storm don't roll! + You are missing an effect for it.

Puck the Faerie Dragon:
- Ethereal Jaunt icon is actually a bit darker, or is it my computer?

Priestess of the Moon:
- You leap very high with Leap :)

I hate how ball lightning looks, I edited it a bit, and the static remnant should be exact IMO

Jaunt icon is extract straight from mpq of DotA

I used a different leap formula for the jump (aceharts actually), Icefrogs was retarded, and wasn't actually a parabola, it was a triangle shape - I think mine looks much better - you can always edit the leap height if you want

Reaction score
> that’s is a lot of object editing that I quite frankly, don't are to do
I'm gonna add some object merger calls for the next update so it would become easier to import/export the data.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.