DotA's Item System?

RaiJin

Reaction score
So DotA has this item system for you people who don't know

where as it combines items EVEN if your inventory is full

for example

Mountain King has 6 items in his slot, All of them are Ring of protection

and the recipe is Ring Of Protection+Ring Of Health=Ring Of Gods

if mountain king goes to buy the ring of health with FULL inventory he will instantly get the new combined item Ring Of Gods.

Pretty much what it does is check through all the slots and see's if the unit has met the requirements of a certain recipe. If it did then it removes the components and gives the unit the item. But if it doesn't meet the requirements then it drops the Ring of Health on the floor( due to not enough space ).

So does anyone know how to do this one?

Heres another one lol sorry... when a unit uses a item skill the item becomes undroppable until the cooldown is over? how to achieve this?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
make all your items Power-up, then just trigger the checking part of it...

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
check out "my" system, it has the features above :)

I write "my" because it's modified from Artificial's Recipe System :p

>Heres another one lol sorry... when a unit uses a item skill the item becomes undroppable until the cooldown is over? how to achieve this?

well, that's for preventing the item cooldown exploit, but in 1.24, the cooldown exploit is no longer possible

when an item is use, make it undroppable, then wait for the cooldown of the item, make it droppable again (if that item is initially droppable).

wait a bit, I will make it :D

EDIT: ok, done.
EDIT: re-upload the map
and also credit to Vex for Table :)

Attachments

• [System] Modified RecipeSYS 0.7b .w3x
    42.4 KB · Views: 318

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
jig7c is right, the first question is based on power up item, the RecipeSYS from Artificial check when an unit try to pick up an item if is possible to combine then, but just work with item in the ground, this part the power up item come, you buy an item <power up>, gold loss, start cooldown in shop, then a trigger create an item in the group and order the unit to pick up/rightclick on item, then the recipe start and work

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
DotA items in the shop are actually units LOL. When the unit is bought. Add the items and all that crap. Quite retarded way.

YOU ARE BUYING UNITS.

sLsIDK

Reaction score
I think they use a tome system, combined with a regular item system, but that's just my thought.

KileRatZ

Reaction score
I believe they're using units too. Reason is simple, DotA does not allow "feeding" of any sort. If you buy a unit from a shop, it'll be your unit even though you could reach that particular shop through an ally's hero - if that occurs, the bought unit would be ignored.

You cannot do this with tomes, since you only know which unit bought a tome, but not which player (you can buy a tome for an ally's hero while you're on the other side of the map).

sLsIDK

Reaction score
I apologize, I was under the impression that you could not pick up a unit that was on the ground in order to buy it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.