Drakonia Rpg Project

Juliano

Reaction score
Hello
I would like to answer that my map is completed...and I will need beta testers as well as a storyline and some models...
Description:
Drakonia is my first rpg, it's still in the beta stage, but in time I'll release complete versions, actually I really need beta testers and some constructive feedback about it.The art gallery of the map can be found here:
Art Gallery from wc3campaigns
Some of the features of the map are:

-A rpg that can be played in single player or up to 4 players
-Choose from 5 avaliable heros, each of them with at least 3 triggered spells
-Each hero have 1 initial skill,4 normal learnable skills ad a ultimate skill
-A well balanced orpg, without being so hard or so easy
-Each hero has it own theme, and they can reach a maximum level of 50
-A medium rate experience gain, not too fast but not too slow
-Lots of custom itens to make your hero very powerful
-Balanced heros, what means that you won't get a imba hero with a imba attack speed at level 20+
-A huge map with size 256x256 (epic) and tileset Icecrown Glacier
-Many dungeons and caves that are heavily guarded by monsters
-Fight many kinds of enemyes, from simple wolves to enormous giants
-A 5%-50% chance of getting many types of itens through enemyes
-A stacking system that... stacks itens
-A quickly respawn system that don't leaks

Please test it and leave a comment, criticism appreciated, the credits list may be found ingame on the quest menu.

Feel interested in helping on the map?Download page for the beta:
Maps Database

The actual people that wanted to help with beta tests are actually:

Ranik
Sadcase123
Black Hawk

Generous +rep is given to constructive critiscism and help

EDIT:This is a very old thread but I decided to continue the project...the old informations were completelly different from above

SnowCrow

Reaction score
Well, I could actually help somehow. Just tell what to do, and I'll try to help. :)

I'm pretty good terrainer, but if you want to do that, I could do heroes or something.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I can make/trigger abilities that don't leak. Errr, as for hero ideas... God, last time I tried that I came up with 2, and one of them crashed the game as soon as he appeared on the map (or it crashed during loading if he was already on the map). It was a paladin based thing, so I reset all to defaults and it still crashed the game. Anyways, abilities, me :p

I can also do stories. Maybe something like evil summoned some "demigod" dragon, which like destroyed the world... So the gods went back in time and sent a warrior to Earth to protect from the evil that will be summoned? Dunno, that's just off the top of my head right now, time to play warcraft!

Juliano

Reaction score
Great! First thank you SnowCrow and elmstfreddie
(if some more people want to help, post there)
To SnowCrow and elmstfreddie:

I actually don't need help on terraining, but I would like to know if you Snow Crow can help me with hero ideas, every hero has a "theme", and also if you would like, I need bosses ideas, or ability ideas...elmstfreddie said he's good with abilityes, but any of you two can help if want

If you two will help, I will need your assistance to the current heros or the new ones, now they are what I'm needing more

The heros in the map are four now... I will listen them down

Crusader
The crusader is a holy hero, mostly made for support, but also a great melee fighter, this hero has some "Paladin"-like aspects...
I will resume his abilityes
His abilityes currently are(and they status are)

Lay on Hands
Same from Wow, heals 100% target, at cost of 100% mana
Redemption
Increases his attack damage greatly, but causes the paladin to lose hitpoints with each attack made.(Completed)
Mark of Honor
Heals nearby allies including him, and temporally increases armor.(Completed)
Concentration
Deals damage based on hero strenght, also stuns.(Completed)
Divine Aura - Passive
Reduces nearby enemy units attack damage.(Completed)
Ultimate<missing>
Yep, I don't have a crusader ultimate...yet

Warlock
Warlock will be a powerfull offensive mage, concentrates his powers most in mana and destroying enemyes, he is actually complete, but I will listen his abilityes as well...
Sacrificial Offering
Exchanges life for mana, filling your mana to 100%, but setting your hp to 30%, wont work if hp is below 30%.(Completed)
Shadow Bolt
A bolt of dark energy that deals damage and causes the target and nearby targets to Fear, causing them to be unable to cast spells or attack, also heals the caster for half of the damage dealt.(Completed)
Arcane Curse
Causes the target to be silenced, slowed and have attack damage reduced, also deals slight damage per second.(Completed)
Magic Hunger - Passive
Passivelly increases intelligence, and every time you kill a unit, you will recover some mana.(Completed)
Mana Shield
The same spell of naga sea witch but with some changes...I need a better model, if someone can provide a RED ManaShield model I will credit...
Ultimate - Hellfire(yes WoW spell)
Ignites area around caster dealing heavy damage to every unit(including the caster) around the warlock.(Completed)

Riflemaster

A powerfull sharpshotter, good in melee and ranged attack, delivers heavy damage to any enemy...This hero is completed...

Aimed Shot
Increases attack speed but you cannot move wile this is activated.
Powershot
Deals damage to single target and slows it.(Completed)
Frag Grenade
Throws a grenade that explodes in impact, burns nearby enemyes.(Compelted)
Melee Attack
Becomes a melee attacker, gaining Crittical Hit, but losing range and Aimed Shot, click again to return to range.(Completed)
Summon Ruffles
Summons a wolf companion to fight for you, lasts until killed.(Completed)
Death Shot(Ultimate)
Deals damage based on agility, stuns the target and has a small chance of reseting cooldowns(including this)(Completed)

Barbarian
A powerfull dwarf warrior with lots of hitpoints and strenght, adept at lightning spells, but master at melee combat, this hero need 2 learnable(non ulti) abilityes.

Juggernaut
Becomes nearly invulnerable to attacks, can be attacked, but wont be damaged, alsdo slows movement speed of the caster.(Complete)
Echo Slam
A stomp that echoes to a straight line, stunning and damaging enemyes.(Complete)
<missing skill>
Need a spell there :/
Storm Hammer - passive
Deals splash damage and slow attacked units.
<missing skill>
Another one :(
Ultimate - Lightning Storm
Causes a storm around the caster that deals damage to nearby enemyes with bolts of lightning(locust swarm invisible with missile of the locusts a Lightning Bolt), cmon, with this description no one knows that is a no triggered spell heheh:)

I will add some informatio0n later thanks!
Edit: all heros completed!

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Barbarian Spell:

Embue Lightning
When activated, for X minute(s) the Barbarian will embue his hammer with lightning, giving a X% chance to shoot lightning out of it. (Random chance to cast forked lightning for a minute, high % probaly)
Something like
Code:
Event:
     Unit finishes casting a spell
Condition:
     Spell being casted = to Embue Lightning
Action:
     Set EmbueLightningOn[(player number(owner of(triggering unit)))] = True
Code:
Event:
     A unit gets attacked
Condition:
     Attacking unit = to Barbarian
Action:
     If/Then/Else
     If
          EmbueLightningOn[(player number(owner of(triggering unit)))] = to True
     Then
          Pick a random number between 1-2
                If
                       Picked number = to 1
                Then
                       Cast Forked Lightning on (attacked unit)
                Else
                       Do Nothing
     Else
          Do Nothing
There finished but this isn't real code I just kinda made it up off the top of my head, but that should be BASICALLY right

Zeromatter

Reaction score
Couldn't, for that forked lightning chance thingy, you just give him an "Orb of Slow" and tweak the attributes?

Here's an idea for the Crusader's ultimate. (Note: I don't play WOW, so if this goes against the Crusader, I'm sorry.)

Second Life

The Crusader calls upon his holy might, instilling an aura of hope and peace in his allies. Upon death, the Crusader can sacrifice a portion of his own power to restore his allies back to full health. (Activated Ability)

If an ally dies, the Crusader can use this ability to bring them back to full health, at a cost of X life.

X=allies max life/3 (You can tweak it if you want)

Also, this ability functions as an aura, increasing allied HP regen by X% and increasing allied armor by X. (Use a hidden spellbook for this)

Hope that helped.

Juliano

Reaction score
I actually liked the absility for the crusader, but note that, thi made were made mostly for 1 player only, and if I play alone, that spell will have only effect in mercenaries! But if you want to help me with some other abilityes I will be greatful...

The embue hammer thing is nice, but how I will make it a 10 leveled ability? Explain plz...

And about the orb of slow, it a good ability, I will try it, I have 2 abilityes needed for barbarian.

It can be changed, instead of slow, I can put a chance of forked lightning.

Also, I can use this trigger like to do it?

Event
Unit finishs casting ability
Conditions
Ability beign cast equal to Embue hammer
Actions
If conditions are true than do actions, else do else actions
-lvl of embue hammer for triggering unit equal to X
Than do Actions
-Add "Embue Hammer Orb ability" from triggering unit
-wait X seconds
-Remove"Embue Hammer Orb ability" from triggering unit
Else do
Nothing :)

Will it work?

Juliano

Reaction score
Bump!

Project Revived!After months and months I decided to make progress again...
Now it is nearly complete!
Instead of creating a new trhead i decided to edit this one...
It think it is:
100% Terrain
95% Heros(1 ability needed)
50% itens :banghead:
0% Quests:mad:
100% History

So if anyone want to help with beta testing
Since wc3c is down i can't link to some screenies but there are few I made today

Some Screenies of the BETA 0.5 (yeah right it's a beta)
ss1eu5.jpg

ss2gs4.jpg

ss3wa0.jpg

ss4qj1.jpg

obs: whosyourdaddy

Requests:
-nothing yet-

R

Ranik

Nice stuff you have here, love the rifleman skin....

Only one thing that I think you should do something with, the heroes are quite original.... Kinda overused in rpgs, mybe you should make up a rather new hero? I think it would be a nice addition to the map.... Just give me a call if you need any story help, I'm not the best with spell triggering and shit... xD

Ideas:

!!NameRequested!! - The Rak'Murid Magess

Spells:

Ogre skin - Passive, decreases damage taken by 5,10,15%

Succumbus - Semi-Channeling, summons a dark could that deals 10,20,30% of full hp in dmg over 2 sec, also gives a 30 sec buff to all enemies that enter the cloud, this makes them miss on 15,20,35% of their attacks.

BuffNameRequested - Buff with low cooldown, gives minus armor to all units that attack the buffed hero, 50,70,60% armor reduction that lasts, 5,10,30 seconds.

Tribal Fanatisim - Multispell with high cooldown semi-channeling, 10sec channel then it lasts for the remaining 20 sec, increases all nearby units armor and damage, decreases all nearby enemy units damage and armor, for 30 seconds, gives the ogre magess one or multiple passives that does each of the above things..

Background story: The Rak'Murid tribe is one of the ancient ogre tribes that have fought against dragons since they appeared in this god forsaken land.
Their magesses are famous for being rather balanced and a requirement on the battlefield, they are able to buff friends while doing adept damage to multiple enemies at the same time.

Additional: Ogres are almost never used on the good side in rpgs, I find this kinda sad because ogres rock! xD :p

NotTheHelper

Yeah, its under your bed.
Reaction score
I can host, so i can help u host it on wc3, also im a good idea thinker ofer lol or good w/ideas.

Juliano

Reaction score
To Ranik:
I send you a message (pm), good hero idea
Also I will need a good ogre model that fits with the map, because all the heros are human because of the history(I will post it in the future), so if you know a good ogre model show me the link

To NOTTheHelper
Ok, actually I'm needing a ability for the barbarian, some passive ability...

Thanks everyone!

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Ok, actually I'm needing a ability for the barbarian, some passive ability...

Battle Rage- as the Barbarian attacks 1 target over and over again, his attack speed increases. The ability resets if the barbarian starts attacking a new target.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
My friend chaz32621 can host your beta if you would like him to. Just pm me if you would like to.

Juliano

Reaction score
wolshaman
Interesting ability... I'm going to see if I use it, good idea...

to worldofdeath
I will think about that

to oninuva
Im testing that map, I will edit this after that...
EDIT: Nice map...gave me some ideas

R

Ranik

Wc3Camps is down atm but I will search it for a fitting model when it is back up again... ;)

Juliano

Reaction score
Ok...
I think i'm going to finish the beta 0.5 today!!!

It will be a very early beta, with no quests yet or itens to combine, also there will be lots of features in the next version...
EDIT: Well I think I was wrong....
I'm making some things more to release a good beta

R

Ranik

Beta is not done yet, juliano found a major bug and is currently trying to fix it, he told me he thinks the beta will be out in a couple of days....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.