Sci/Tech Dual-Screen Laptop on Sale by Christmas

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
A guide/reference? Please explain further, I'm interested in it.

It's so you can look at both simultaneously without having to keep alt tabbing and lose your place....
...Just like if you were drawing a picture from a reference photo, you'd have the photo on one side of the table and the drawing paper on the other. (tracing aside), you wouldn't have the photo under your drawing and then keep swapping the two around, that would be less efficient.

...and to the guy who said why not just have a divider down the middle, well just try opening 2 internet browsers on your laptop and then sit them side by side... instantly you will notice that half the viewing space is twice the frustration, ie. no improvement at all

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Yeah, 2 monitors is pretty nice. I first did it, to see if i could. And i started to find use for it. When i had to go back to 1 monitor for sometime, it was like loosing a limb. The only thing is, I don't use the CRT monitor much, because its blurry and harder to read than the LCD. I mean, you really wouldn't understand the use, until you've actually used it. It is excellent for programming, graphic design, pretty much anything that requires references, tutorials, or what ever. Also you can watch videos on one screen while IMing or working on the other. The only thing is, fullscreen in videos will not stay when you click off screen.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
...and to the guy who said why not just have a divider down the middle, well just try opening 2 internet browsers on your laptop and then sit them side by side... instantly you will notice that half the viewing space is twice the frustration, ie. no improvement at all

I disagree. I use this method constantly both at home and at work. I agree it is more work to keep your eye on what you're reading, but in the end, if you're quick with your hands on the keys/mouse, I really don't notice any difficulty.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you have very good micromanaging skills...

Once I have secured a job, I'll try setting up a dual screen.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
The moment I read the title, I thought the Laptop would look like a Nintendo DS :)

A monitor on one top and a touch screen keyboard below.. That would be cool.. and innovating :)

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I disagree. I use this method constantly both at home and at work. I agree it is more work to keep your eye on what you're reading, but in the end, if you're quick with your hands on the keys/mouse, I really don't notice any difficulty.

I was make a point as to why having to screens is an advantage over having one, not that halving a screen for 2 apps is impossible. For example, from my experience with doing artwork on pc it is a lot easier to have reference photos on a separate screen then it is to work photoshop and the reference photos on the same one... minimizing the photoshop window so you can see both at once just limits your working space, it's much better to work with both at full size.

Also, my bro dual screens his pc so he can watch movies at the same time as playing online games.... respawn time, NO WORRIES

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen something that made dual screens more capable of doing:

While I was visiting my college dormitory, there's a mentee (one year above me) using dual screens. One screen tinted to cyan, and the other tinted to red. He was wearing 3D eyeglasses and was viewing a movie on both screen. There's also some sort of equipment in between the monitors and himself, so not much is understandable.

I think that's a good thing for dual screens.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.