"dummy" ability

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Ok I know what a dummy ability is, it's for abilities that you do through triggers and don't require alot of changing in the object editor. At least that's whatI've heard. So what I'm wondering is how do I make a dummy ability? I made an ability called "Desert Haze" and this is the trigger to do it:

Desert Haze
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Shadow Walker
(Ability being cast) Equal to Desert Haze
Actions
Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Dungeon Red Fog (Heavy)
Wait 7.00 seconds
Environment - Remove (Last created weather effect)

When I use this it lags the game for like 1 second and then casts the normal ability I set it to but doesn't add the weatehr effect. So what dummmy ability should I make? And also what would be the condition for when I level up the ability? I need to know this because I have MUCH MORE trigger based abilities coming.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Hehe thanks Ryoko but do you know of any other good ones you prefer because I know you can't have 2 abilities based off the same ability because the ID numbers of the abilities gets mixed up. Can I maybe use the Blademaster Wind Walk and then a nuetral hostile Wind Walk? Do they have seperate ID's so they won't get mixed up?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
The ability "Channel" was intentionally re-configured a while back to be assigned different order strings, so you can make as many custom abilities off it as you please and give it to the 1 unit/hero. Just change the order string for every new instance you make of it.

Blizzard specifically said this is a good ability to use if you want to do trigger-based spells.

A

Agent2594

usually when i create dummy abilities, i use either thunder clap or spellbook. more often than not the choice is spellbook cause you can change the Base Order ID like Darg mentioned

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.