Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Spring Geysers
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spring Geysers
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + ((Level of Spring Geysers for (Casting unit)) x 3)), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Lover (Caster) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Random point in (Region centered at (Position of (Casting unit)) with size (500.00, 500.00))) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 100.0% transparency
          • Custom script: call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetLastCreatedUnit(), "A03F", GetUnitLoc(GetLastCreatedUnit()) )
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

A hero has an ability (Spring Geysers) which springs geysers in random points within 250 units from him.
The dummy units spawn but never cast anything, then disappear and none more appear.
The ability "A03F" is based on Impale.

Would anyone kindly tell me/fix what's wrong with this trigger?

Happy

Reaction score
you create the dummy (if it is the lover thingi) but you dont add the ability to it and you dont order it to cast the ability so nothing will happen.

also remove last created unit from the game after a wait so it wont be removed....use an expiration timer instead^^

also dont use casting unit....use triggering unit^^

and btw your triiger leaks^^

MiddleHanded

Reaction score
The unit already has the ability.

And isn't this ordering it to cast the ability:

Trigger:
  • Custom script: call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetLastCreatedUnit(), "A03F", GetUnitLoc(GetLastCreatedUnit()) )

If not how would I order it to cast the ability?

Happy

Reaction score
oh....missed that line :( sorry...

sooo....the dummy will NEVER be removed after a wait using (last created unit)....use an expiration timer instead....

then it looks good as far as i can see...beside the leaks...

is the spell using mana?? or has casting time ?? something like this?

if using mana...has the dummy the mana needed??

if not...make the dummy visible to see whether it is really created...maybe something is broken there...

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Check mana, range, and instead of using a wait function, use "Unit - Add Expiration Timer". It's better, and this way your function won't wait one second every loop, which is probably why your spell isn't working.

Also, you can just use: "Unit - Issue Order Targetting and Object", and get the orderstring of the ability instead of custom script. If it's based off channel, the default orderstring is "channel", but you can change it to whatever you want in the object editor. It makes not difference whether you use a GUI action or a BJ function, they are the same thing, and an action is easier to modify.

MiddleHanded

Reaction score
Ok, sorry it took so long to reply, got hit by a bus.

First of all to Happy:

As I think of it, it probably is the problem, as It creates the caster, then removes it, and nothing more happens, I'll try that.

I also know nothing about leaks, and what they are, so you could tell me about that :p

The spell uses no mana and has no casting time and to make sure it's not something to do with mana, I gave the caster 9999 max and base mana.

I already changed to 100% visibility to 0% before to check if it really creates and removes the unit, that's why I know that everything works except the casting.

da1nOnly:

Ima try that.

I don't need to check the range as the caster casts at it's own position, mana cost is 0 as I said.

Will do.

DioD:

Thanks for the info.

MiddleHanded

Reaction score
I've changed some stuff and found out that the only non-working parts are the for loop and the cast script.

so I've changed the ability ID to the order ID and it now casts, and I've changed it from a short for loop to a long-ass direct script.

thanks for all the help guys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.