Easy question

windale5

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with warcraft 3 but i was opening a website like this and i'm new. I just wanted to know how to setup the registration where ppl can register logon and setup a forum. If you can't help me at least tell me what it's called and what book i have to use to learn it.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
There are several forum systems you might wanna use.
SMF (recommended)
phpBB
vB (the one TH uses)
IPB

Silver_Eagle

Reaction score
you can also use InvisionFree, but it is very poor compared to others.

Only use it if you want a small forum.

~Silver_E.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I would stay away from SMF and IPB. They are easily hacked. PHPbb is ok and easy to setup but I dislike the way they setup posting. Vbulletin is the most professional and most used. Its awsome if you can pay the price.

85$ - Yearly Paid
160 - Lifetime
www.vbulletin.com

If you need any help with VB send me a PM I'm a Master Designer for VB xD.

--Oninuva

Chile

The All Purpose Administrator
Reaction score
You might also consider looking at Vanilla. It's a very simple setup but very very fast.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I would stay away from SMF and IPB. They are easily hacked. PHPbb is ok and easy to setup but I dislike the way they setup posting.

You have your Forums mixed up. PHPBB is hacked more than SMF.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
nah, PHPBB's tables are more messed up. SMF is just pure clean. Clean = Easy

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
I really want to see proof for all "phpbb is insecure" claims. phpBB had a security flaw that allowed a virus to infect every single board that it found, since it used google to find new victims the effect was huge. Since then I've not heard of anything even close to that.

What makes phpBB more insecure that other free forum softwares? Does it have know security exploits that have been unfixed for months?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Yes, and I found one before and PM'ed one of the admins of the forums there, and he replied with "Oh well, don't use it maliciously.". Also, PHPBB gave me HORRIBLE support when I couldn't get my forums up, and SMF was right there helping me. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.