Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

S

Speedgrapher

Welcome to the lucky family of those, who whave enjoyed Oblivion, Seth Cross! :thup:

It's one of my favorite games of all time and one of few, which has given my PC trouble running..

And, yes, Dark Brotherhood had some of the most fun and unexpected approaches to faction-business. :D

I still remember how great it felt to explore the first ruin and find that, in fact, a necromancer inhabited its lower levels..

Have fun experimenting with character builds and battle approaches, some of my favorites include: Master of hand-to-hand (drains enemies of fatigue and puts them in a permanent paralisis), sneaky archer (i love the stealth system in Oblivion, irreplacable lategame) and, finally, a high elf with The Apprentice sign, trained in destruction magic (capable of pulling off some spectacular one-hit-wonders).

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I got this on PS3 and unwisely left it alone for a month or so because the main storyline was somewhat... dull. Then I went back on it and joined the Theive's Guild and started playing through there. That sort of lost some appeal when I got kicked out for killing everyone (and getting caught - I've spent about 600 days ingame so far, of which about 540 I've spent in jail :rolleyes:).

Then I joined with the Dark Brotherhood - and that is just awesome. It requires a certain cunning and inventiveness, but if the intricacies are too much (as they are on some occasions) then you can just go in and stab everyone in the room for good measure. And since I've rejoined the Thieve's guild, it's become much easier - you can kill someone then sell the loot for extra profit, and cheap, limitless lockpicks mean that breaking and entering is easy - the two guilds sort of compliment each other :)

There's something wierdly therapeutic about riding your horse across the beautiful landscape just to stab some faceless elf in the back :p

And I don't think I'm too far in yet - this should keep me at it for a long time to come.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Anyone ever been a Vampire? I wanna try that. Also, you can become a Vampire, but not a Necromancer? o_O

Reaction score
> I wanna try that.
That didn't come out as surprise.

It's pretty funny to play as a vampire, but it's also challenging in my opinion. You can always revert back to normal..

I am currently doing a normal thief/assassin Wood Elf. Got pwnd by an Ogre, when was travelling in the woods.

DM Cross

Reaction score
OH! By the way!

When you're a Vampire and after 4 days, you get all your powers and turn all creepy looking, if you start feeding, you go back to looking normal, right? ... Do you lose your powers, too?

Zakyath

Reaction score
only thing I remember of being a vampire was that it was a hell becoming normal again:p

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
U will need to go through a LONG quest to get a potion of recovering from vampirism. Once the potion is consumed, you will never be able to revert into a vampire.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I don't want to cure it, I want to maintain it. I wanted to know that if I become a Vampire, could I maintain it on the first level, while having the level 4 abilities?

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Im pretty sure you can. I was a thief sort of character, well my class that I was aiming for was like a Robin Hood sort of guy, a hunter type, And I became a thieves guild character, and got to the top, so yeah, I stole from the best.

Anyways this game was by far the second with the greatest storyline, and the best rpg ideas, other then the fact that it wasn't at the least 2 player, and the editor was super complex. Otherwise 9/10, easy 9/10.

DM Cross

Reaction score
So, my next question has to do with the leveling. I've been running around, gaining tons of different skill levels. Blade, Light Armor, Restoration and the travel-based abilities... And yet, I'm still level 1... Why?

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
So, my next question has to do with the leveling. I've been running around, gaining tons of different skill levels. Blade, Light Armor, Restoration and the travel-based abilities... And yet, I'm still level 1... Why?

You need to sleep somewhere to level up.

All those skills you have been leveling have a related attribute, and the more skills you level for a particular attribute in a single level, the greater the gain for that attribute is possible when you level up (sleep).

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
The level system is wierd. Usually I'd have a mod to prevent this but for u, look on ur skills section in ur character sheet thing. You'll see this bar in the bottom. If it looks like it's maxed out, then to level, you need to sleep in any place.

So basically, gain skills, sleep, and then u level.

DM Cross

Reaction score
So doing the "wait" thing doesn't count, apparently?

And I need to rest in a bed to make it work? o_O

Okay, if that's the case, will my sleeping now level me as many times as I've leveled, or am I screwed? -.-

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
well if say u have gained enough points to gain 5 levels. All u need to do is find a bed, sleep, gain level, sleep again, gain level and so forth. It doesn't do multiple level ups after 1 sleep.

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Man... Oblivion, its been a while since i played that. Top notch game though. Starts a bit boring, but once you get into it, theres so much to do, it kind of never ends...

All these stories make me want to play it again lol. I went warrior for my guy. Now i have finished every major faction, except for the fighters guild :(. A body that i needed to find fell through the graphics, hahaha. Ironic huh, i warrior cant even become the highest member of the fighters guild but can become that grand mage dude.

Warrior races get increadibly strong after you have played for a bit. I versed 3 minatour lords in the arena and just let them attack me for like 15 minutes and then just killed them cause they were hardly doing anything. lol.

Heaps good game but. I think ill go play it soon :p.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I passed up on a chance to become a Vampire when I killed the guy who offered it as part of my work for the Dark Brotherhood... what exactly does being a Vampire involve? What benefits do you get?

Well I've just about made it to the top of the Black hand I think.

And it took me some time to realise sleeping was required to level up. The load screen told me what to do :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.