Enigma's Black Hole

hellmonja27

Reaction score
i can't seem to figure out how the "sucking" effect is made. i'm asking for any idea or even a bit of code on how to trigger it. tnx in advance...

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
I'll give you a rough idea..
The "hole" is actually a flying unit with locust and invulnerability
When casted, the hole is created at the target location, and periodically picks every unit within an area around it and drags it closer to it..

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
A LOT of spells are dummy units with the Locust ability, it seems :)
(Sorry about my useless post above, I felt I had to point that out, though)

EDIT: Open Dota - I don't know where to get it. Try Googling for it though! :)

hellmonja27

Reaction score
I'll give you a rough idea..
The "hole" is actually a flying unit with locust and invulnerability
When casted, the hole is created at the target location, and periodically picks every unit within an area around it and drags it closer to it..

i've also thought of this. but having problems detecting angle. it's a slide effect and i have no problems about slides. but i need to detect the angle between two points (for example, the angle between unit A and unit B) so i could slide the unit in that direction.

this is probably the only hindrance i have but i've asked the whole question anyway to see if someone has a shortcut in doing this black hole "sucking effect"...

hellmonja27

Reaction score
there's this "DotA Allstars 6.32 Open" link on the left side but the site seems to take ages to load...

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
For pity sakes...don't just suggest someone to download OpenDota and "wow I'm so smart, all of his problems must be solved". Some of the triggers in it are hard to understand to an adept jasser even.
Well anyway although I have absolutely no idea what that spell is and what it does, I recall seeing something called black hole on wc3sear.ch spell section. Do a search and you should find it.

M

MysterySoul

A LOT of spells are dummy units with the Locust ability, it seems :)
(Sorry about my useless post above, I felt I had to point that out, though)

Sorry, about offtopic, but uh... dummy untis? locust? :confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.