US News Family of gay teen slain in Calif. blames school

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
VENTURA, Calif. - The family of a gay teenager who was fatally shot in class blames the school district for allowing their son to wear makeup and feminine clothing to school — factors the family claims led to the death.

The parents and brother of 15-year-old Larry King of Oxnard filed a personal injury claim against the Hueneme school district seeking unspecified damages for not enforcing the dress code.

King, an eighth-grader at E.O. Green Junior High School, was shot in February. Classmate Brandon McInerney pleaded not guilty to the shooting last week. He was charged as an adult and also faces a charge of a committing a hate crime.

Read the whole story here.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Of course they were of no fault to their reasons at all...

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
As much pity as I have for the kid who got shot and his family, justice doesn't mean someone pays for your son's life. It means that the person who shot him goes to jail.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Wow, stupid family. Who buys all the clothes for the son? School or in the streets, he was going to get shot.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
This makes me want to punch them. Fucking idoits.

duyen

Reaction score
Dude, him being gay shouldn't effect whether he was shot or not, it's only sad that it did.

No I'm not gay, but I have no bias against gay people. (as long as they don't hit on me...)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Well maybe the shooter thought that he was the self appointed defender of all of earth's manly hood,keeping the spirit of true manliness alive along with being the Slayer of everything that stands as a mockery to it?

Hey Gay people are one of many methods of the aliens use to prevent us from reproducing bad ass warriors and soldiers to combat there Invasion force.

duyen

Reaction score
Well maybe the shooter thought that he was the self appointed defender of all of earth's manly hood,keeping the spirit of true manliness alive along with being the Slayer of everything that stands as a mockery to it?

Hey Gay people is one of many methods of the aliens to prevent us from reproducing manly warriors to combat there strong invasion forces.

This post was so sexist I am tempted to -rep.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
Also i understand the killing from the shooter's perspective.

I mean I'd be creeped out when i see a male in women's clothing even near me.
Maybe he was even sexually abused when he was younger by a Homosexual person. The experience may be so traumatic that the guy promised to himself to
kill every single homosexual male he sees. Hell i bet it would've been an insult to him. Taunting him that people like the victim exists inside his world,there more powerful than him,that they'll be there waiting...to steal his manhood and turn them into one of them......*Shudders*

God don't even make me recall that again....

duyen

Reaction score
BANANAMAN,

I was referring to this:

>Hey Gay people is one of many methods of the aliens to prevent us from reproducing manly warriors to combat there strong invasion forces.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
hey. It is possible y'know. Either that or im crazy :nuts:

Edit:Bah i have got to stop replying in these types of threads it's only a futile waste of time trying to make people like you believe.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I would simply love to hear the explanation for these comments.

Ok =D

Well the parents are blaming the school for letting their own son wear feminine clothes. If I knew there were anti-gay societies or even anti-gay groups or people, I most likely wouldn't wear something that makes me look gay.
I don't wear single colors or baggy clothes because most likely I will get hit up, stabbed, or jacked by other gangs.

Or what kind of explanation where you looking for?

Asehujiko

Reaction score
The fact that the parents are now sueing the school is a case of moneygrubbing in the wake of a tragedy. This topic is about said greedy parents, not the dead kid.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I just feel like I have to ask. The reason why the gay teen got shot was because he was wearing girly clothes and make-up. The articles said that the parents claim that those were the reasons and it probably is. But I just want to make sure that it wasn't another bullied story where a guy was pushed to his limits and brought a gun and shot a person who just stood out. Which a guy wearing girly clothes and make-up does kind of stand out of the crowd. But the media decided that saying a guy got shot because he was gay would be more popular story than a person who just bulled and pushed to his limits.

Also I'm kind of wondering if a guy who wears girly clothes and make-up is even included in the dress code.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
if he's gay or not, not means that justified to shot someone. But is wierd..the parents not have seen theirs son had feminine clothing and makeup on him really, when he went to school.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.