Weird Father sells Guitar Hero III for $9K as punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
haha, good story imo, kid needs to be punished regardless of what time of year it is, kids these days need more punishment then what they get, lack of discipline seems to be the major problem in today's society. not to mention $9,000 richer, not bad.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
This story in my opinion shows how commercial Christmas has turned into.

'Lets punish my son by selling the present I bought him'

In all honesty, I am not against giving gifts for Christmas, on the basis that you are buying something because you want to show someone that they are special to you, and you are showing you care. NOT however because you feel you HAVE to get somebody something, or because somebody WANTS a gift and is gonna cry and whine like a baby if they don't get it. Christmas is no longer about family or the spirit of giving to most people anymore. It is about getting the best and most expensive present that you can show off to all your friends.

The highlight of this article would have been if that father had taken that $9,000 and given it to a local charity, like a homeless shelter or something. That would have been doing something Christmas-like. And if anyone is gonna ask me how much I gave to charity and what not...every year at least 50% of the money I no longer have after Christmas, has gone to a charity or homeless shelter of some sort.

There is my $6.59 worth....

BlightWarden

Reaction score
WoW, 9k. gonna have to sell mine now!;)

as for him flippin on his pot smoking son, gimme a break, at least the kid wasnt slamming H or snorting C.

Father A
O no my son smokes pot! he ate all the munchies in the house and got an F in his math class!

Father B
Shut up, my son (my he rest in peace) was addicted to meth, sold our car and stole my gun to hold up a liquior store and was shot and killed. stop whining.

9k for a video game, lol what a waste of money.:nuts:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It starts as weed, but it leads to other things, like heroine and what not. So it's better to stop it while you can.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
It starts as weed, but it leads to other things, like heroine and what not. So it's better to stop it while you can.

i don't buy it, i'v known alot of potheads who never touched other drugs. they have seen how the harder stuff destroys lives and they avoid it completely.

i also have known alot of drug addicts who never smoked weed before yet they do slam speed and snort coke.

if you are a glutton, then yes weed is a gateway drug, but if you have some self control, then no its not. children who do any drugs always try new ones, its not the weed its the user.

here in cali its legal for alot of medical uses, only adults can get access.

Reaction score
I agree with BlightWarden, this "Gateway Drug" stuff is a myth. Not to say that marijuana isn't damaging in its own right.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
first off, if u have self control you wouldn't be doing drugs in the first place.

it may not be a gateway drug, but the effects are still pretty harmful, if not on your social life then on your finances. and if thats not what u care about then your health, humans pride them selves as being one of the "smartest" species on the planet yet we're one of the few species that drink/inhale poisons, to get a life damaging high... hahaha. sounds pretty damn stupid to me.

and for those who say its not a poisen your pretty dame retarded, when a poison enters the body the body tries to get rid of it, through vomiting, pissing, and any other means to get it out, what happens when u drink to much alcohol? same thing...

Reaction score
first off, if u have self control you wouldn't be doing drugs in the first place.

"Doing drugs" is a very loaded term. We've all consumed some quantity of some sort of drug at some stage. It's all about context. I used to know a few pot smokers and many of them were sensible, laid back and healthy.

it may not be a gateway drug, but the effects are still pretty harmful, if not on your social life then on your finances. and if thats not what u care about then your health,

The amount by which your idea of a pot smoker conflicts with the real world is almost ludicrous. Pot smoking is often a social affair, and it can facilitate bonding between a group or a pair of people. Your "finances" can take a hit from any pastime, and it's generally a sign that you're a bit too into it.

humans pride them selves as being one of the "smartest" species on the planet yet we're one of the few species that drink/inhale poisons, to get a life damaging high... hahaha. sounds pretty damn stupid to me.

Since we're the only species "smart" enough to know what a poison is, I'd say this is quite irrelevant. Not all highs are "life damaging", either. Cannabis can be consumed at quantities significant enough to induce a pleasurable high yet low enough to have little or no negative health effects.

and for those who say its not a poisen your pretty dame retarded, when a poison enters the body the body tries to get rid of it, through vomiting, pissing, and any other means to get it out, what happens when u drink to much alcohol? same thing...

Paracelsus said:
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing a poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.