Few Questions

San-D

Reaction score
1. How big is the max size for maps to be played in multiplayer
2. Can I make a ground unit leave trails of water, like ships do (those almost transpirant lines, that make the unit seem like its pushing through the water)
3. There is a function in the WE GUI - change unit's flying height- it looks something like this
JASS:
Change <span style="color: blue">unit</span> flying hight to <span style="color: blue">number</span> in <span style="color: blue">number</span> seconds with <span style="color: Blue">number</span> velocity

WHy doesnt it work, nothing happens - the dragon just stood there, its not an event error!
4. How can i make a Unit go in concentrating circular motion(like in a whirpool) with GUI, looking a realistik as posible?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
1. 4mb

3. add storm crow form to the unit, change the height and remove storm crow form. see the magic happen

4. get 2 real variables, one for distance and one for angle. in ur periodic movement trigger, continiously set (distancevar) = (distancevar) - (constant speed towards centre e.g. 5) and set (anglevar) = (angle between moving units loc and centre of whirlpool) + (constant circular movement e.g. 5 degrees).

then move the unit to whirlpool centre offset by distancevar towards anglevar degrees.

San-D

Reaction score
Lets say, I do not have free space for storm crow form, e.g. I have the max of 5 skills... what to do now?

Reaction score
2. Its part of the boat models, so unless you edit the model, you can't do it.

>Lets say, I do not have free space for storm crow form, e.g. I have the max of 5 skills... what to do now?
Don't add it through the object editor, use a trigger and the line "unit - add ability to unit".
With this add the storm crow ability, then remove it in the next line. Then you can change flying height.

Although it is a bit strange that you cannot do it with a default flying unit...

San-D

Reaction score
Yes, but including the ATTACK, PATROL, MOVE, STOP abilities, u can have a max of 12 abilities, the commands are 7 if im not mistaken, which leaves u 5 skill slots abailable, if u have them all filled up, there is nowhere to add this ability to, iven if it is for 0.01 sec!

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. It will either "push" one of the existing icons off or it won't show up at all. But since its only there for 0.01s then there really will be no difference whether it pushes one out or not.

San-D

Reaction score
Another question: I guess u can't increase damage upon an event ON GUI, so can someone give me the ready JASS code for the following trigger
Every 6 units a hero kills, provided the hero has the "Some Ability" learned, give the hero +1 Damage

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
make an ability based on the damage bonus ability used by claws of attack.

set an integer variable (with arrays if you need more than one unit to use the skill)

everytime the unit gets a kill, set the variable to <variable>+1.

when the variable equals 6, add the damage bonus ability OR increase the level (just do an if/then/else to check if the dmg bonus skill is level 0 i.e. not used by the unit), and reset the variable to 0

San-D

Reaction score
Ur genious! I just thought of something- I can make a skill and a spellbook dublicate- the hero learns the skill, then it is removed and replacet with the spellbook, which containes the subskills. But can I make the spellbook skill unopenable?Here are some more questions:

-I "talked" to my computer, and by some miricle the trigger action, Change Units Flying Height works, BUT when I make it change it to 0, the flyer doesnt go to the ground, he only gets to ... A footman's hight above ground and stops, WHY!

-This question requires moderete knowedge in math - To make a unit slide on the ground, pushed by a skill, I want to us real life-like physics. To do that I have an idea to use SIN(Angle), multiplyed by a number to move the unit instantly to point with polar offset every 0.01 sec, to imitate the dropping speed of the unit grinding onto the earth. If Im not misstaken, SIN is biggest in 90 degrees, and lowest in 0 degrees(in which case the unit stops). I tried to do so, it worked but it still lacks soething it doesnt have something. Any suggestions whit what I can improve this formula?

-For those of u who r fans of Naruto- How to do Kankuros puppet replacement skill. I want the hero, when activating a skill, to be active untill the hero is hit, if he gets hit, all damage done is transfert to a puppet, which apears at the hero's location, the hero himself appears somewhere else(no matter where, I can tweak that much out). How to do the moment where the hero is replaced wth the puppet, transfering damage, and spell effects and stuff?
+Bonus question:D- how can I make the puppet be unable to move further away from the heros vecinity than say, 1500?

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Ur genious! I just thought of something- I can make a skill and a spellbook dublicate- the hero learns the skill, then it is removed and replacet with the spellbook, which containes the subskills. But can I make the spellbook skill unopenable?Here are some more questions:

If you mean to make the spell book not visible, "Player - Disable Spell Book for <your player>".

San-D

Reaction score
No I mean, to make a spellbook-based abillity not be openable-to just stay there and its contents to be unvewable, like a passive ability!

San-D

Reaction score
Ok, here's a though one: Whats wrong with the following triggerS. I tryed to make a sort of a whirpool ability where a target unit spins around a caster and gets closer to him.
-I have 4 Variables:
+Caster (unit) - for the caster
+Target (unit) - for target
+Distance (real) - for general offset of Target to Caster
+Angle (real) - for angle between Caster and Target

TRIG 01
Event - Real Variable ANGLE becomes equal to 360.00
Condition -
Action - Set ANGLE to 0.00

TRIG 02
Event - A unit begins casting an ability
Condition - Ability being cast equal to SPIN
Action -
-Set CASTER to Unit casting an ability
-Set TARGET to Target unit of ability being cast
-Set ANGLE to (Angle between (Position of(CASTER)) and (Position of(TARGET))
-Set DISTANCE to 1000.00
-Pause CASTER
-Pause TARGET
-Move TARGET instantly to position of CASTER offset of DISTANCE twards ANGLE degrees
-Turn on SPIN<gen>
-Wait until Value of DISTANCE Equal to or lesser than 50.00 checking every 0.1 sec
-Turn off SPIN<gen>

SPIN<gen>
Event - Every 0.01
Condition -
Action -
-Move TARGET instantly to (Position of(CASTER)) offset by DISTANCE twards ANGLE degrees
-Set DISTANCE to (DISTANCE - 1)
-Set ANGLE to (ANGLE + 1)

The problem is nothing happens! The target and caster just become paused and thats just it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.