Forum needs a sports section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
Does anyone else agree that their should be a sports section in the forum?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Ehh, maybe, not many sports topics are made, so i think we can just keep it to general discussion. Maybe if there is an increase in topics. So i say no.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
No. This is not a socializing forum, well, not that much. Besides, those topics fit in the general discussion. If the admins see a flood of them, they'll be forced to make a new forum. ;)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't recall ever seeing a sports topic, except maybe in the news section.
No need, therefore, not going to happen. ;)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
No sports. D: All the sport forums I've seen have died. Moderators go away after awhile too, so at one point people make their own RP haven there.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually I think this is the first time in the history of these forums that someone has mentioned sports LOL!

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I havent been on these forums long but I've already figured that most of us, (no offense kids) sit on our butts all day, you know, and do graphic or computer stuff, some have a job, but no one is yelling how good the cubs are.. so.. >.>

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
A sports Section, in a Technical Support forum. Sounds great!!!

Next we could go to a health fitness forum and suggest a thread to talk about cakes!

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
A sports Section, in a Technical Support forum. Sounds great!!!

Next we could go to a health fitness forum and suggest a thread to talk about cakes!

I hereby officially request a flame/trolling forum. :D

Man thats funny. LOL. Although if I started this thread I would be mad at those replies but it didn't so here comes the sarcasm.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Lol, so much irony and sarcasm in this thread :rolleyes:.

I've only ever seen Sports mentioned in the TH News Zone :p, don't think you'll get much interest in a Technical Support forum :p.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> request a flame/trolling forum.
I don't think the fact we don't have a forum like that ever stopped people from trolling and flaming.
Considering this...what's stopping you from writing about sports without having a forum for that?

From now on if anyone wants to suggest a new forum - leave at least 10 links to preferably fresh threads on the subject. Without that it's an instant deny.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
As Seth (*cries* I miss him) said once: It is Demand then supply, not supply first, and then the demand.

As SFilip said, prove that people discuss this topic, and you'll get your forum. Can you show us few recent threads that have been active that talk about sports?

By the way, I say we should move this thread to humor zone - one of the funniests I saw yet (Just kidding of course).

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Actually I think this is the first time in the history of these forums that someone has mentioned sports LOL!

I recall a thread started asking what sports people were in. A large number were in Football and there were actually people that were physically active. Some active members too. :)

I wouldn't mind a sports forum but there are no topics and it isn't going to be made, etc. etc.

EDIT: Link to the thread - http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66178

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
The Helper offers free technical support for computer games, computer hardware, and other computer software. Staffed by volunteer tech support workers, The Helper is highly regarded as a premium destination for those who are experiencing technical problems with their computers.

Adding new forums, like sports, the relatively new music and movie forums, broadens the meaning of thehelper.net.

/.../

I guess it would bring new members, more traffic. But, it wouldn't be the same thehelper.

It would be thevacationer.net.

(Though, personally, I don't know whether that's bad or good)

P.S I'm very keen on soccer, football etc. All kind of sports. Passively watching from television or practicing them myself.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
SFilip said:
I don't think the fact we don't have a forum like that ever stopped people from trolling and flaming.
No, but you have a place to put the threads in. :p

SFilip said:
From now on if anyone wants to suggest a new forum - leave at least 10 links to preferably fresh threads on the subject. Without that it's an instant deny.
Ok, so if I understand you correctly, all I have to do before requesting the flaming/trolling forum is flame a few people and send you the links?

Cool. :D
*ducks*

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.